Best Sportsbike 600cc and up

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
From what I read, the Panigale has a heated seat, so that's got to make up for some of those missing features. Haha
it’s because they no longer have center under-tail exhaust… that shit would cook your balls…so they need a seat heater to replicate that experience..nothing like trying to peel your leathers off after a few hours of spirited riding…

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
1696447983515.gif

1696447887373.gif

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
it’s because they no longer have center under-tail exhaust… that shit would cook your balls…so they need a seat heater to replicate that experience..nothing like trying to peel your leathers off after a few hours of spirited riding…

That was always brutal on the Evo, especially when riding in San Diego. Rode out to 29 Palms one time in 100+ degree weather and I thought I was going to pass out and fall off as I got into town. I was so dehydrated from getting blasted with heat from every direction.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
That was always brutal on the Evo, especially when riding in San Diego. Rode out to 29 Palms one time in 100+ degree weather and I thought I was going to pass out and fall off as I got into town. I was so dehydrated from getting blasted with heat from every direction.
My CBR600RR is under-tail exhaust too… holyshit it gets warm quick, especially with aftermarket exhaust

Suck_it_MysticZ

Established Member
For my intended purpose it would most likely be something of the vintage sport bikes, mid-late 90's.

I loved my 1997 TL1000S but always had a soft spot for the water cooled GSXR1100's. That being said I like goofy stuff so this comes to mind.

Yamaha-FZR1000-Right-Side-3.jpg

However, my 2005 ZX12R was a great road burner.

9150.png

The reason they are the best for the money is they are definitely cheaper than a new bike, still plenty fast, and I could sit in the garage while drinking some beer just looking over them. I won't commute on it or go on long trips so ultra reliability or even comfort is not a care. For casual cruising, nostalgia, and getting my 2-wheel fix once in a while these would do just fine.

For someone who intends to put a load of miles on and wants the latest tech, a new 1k would be the ticket. At least that's what I would buy.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
For my intended purpose it would most likely be something of the vintage sport bikes, mid-late 90's.

I loved my 1997 TL1000S but always had a soft spot for the water cooled GSXR1100's. That being said I like goofy stuff so this comes to mind.

View attachment 1811988

View attachment 1811989

The reason they are the best for the money is they are definitely cheaper than a new bike, still plenty fast, and I could sit in the garage while drinking some beer just looking over them. I won't commute on it or go on long trips so ultra reliability or even comfort is not a care. For casual cruising, nostalgia, and getting my 2-wheel fix once in a while these would do just fine.

For someone who intends to put a load of miles on and wants the latest tech, a new 1k would be the ticket. At least that's what I would buy.

God damn it, someone with reading comprehension! God dam it!

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Hi everyone,

Used to play in the arena baaaaack in the day. Last bike was a Hundo 954RR, circa 2005ish.

View attachment 1810859

Recently, subject came up of the “best sportsbike for the money” (best bang for buck) currently. New or used. From the big 4 (Honda, Susuki, Yamaha or Kawasaki).

*** Sorry, no Italian faggotry here. ***

Im no longer in the know and have not really followed up on the crotch rocket segment. Anything after 2005 and I am lost like a lion cub alone in the savanna…

Those of you that are still (or have kept up) with this hobby/sport. What say you? Whats your opinion?

What was the topic? Too lazy to not read again. Lol

ajaf1656

Established Member

View attachment 1811988

View attachment 1811989

The TL1000S was a cool bike. I always thought it looked cooler than the TL1000R and even the later SV1000S.

Suck_it_MysticZ

Established Member
The TL1000S was a cool bike. I always thought it looked cooler than the TL1000R and even the later SV1000S.

My 1997 put down 117 on the dyno. It had a bit of lurching at times down low, combination of first year tuning and the clutch being different, if my memory serves me correctly. I rode a later TLS and it felt a little softer all around. Still fun but the top end felt a smidge less sharp.

Rode the TLR, Honda Superhawk, and the RC51. Only bike I would have traded for would have been was an SP2, version. Mainly the black/gray it looked absolutely beautiful.

Back to the topic. Best for the money, to me, starts with intended purpose. Best for the money for a new 600cc is a different category than best vintage naked bike from the 90's.

Pick a purpose. Set a price range. Go shopping. :) I'd rather that old Crayola Fizzer vs a pedestrian 2003 blue/white R6. BUT, if I wanted to go do a track day that R6 probably would be the ticket. Cheap, plentiful used parts, and from my experience, very easy to ride quickly.

tistan

Established Member
Just in case anyone in the Colorado area is looking for a good deal.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Just in case anyone in the Colorado area is looking for a good deal.

Crazy. Thats what I sold my CBR600 F4 for back in 2003ish with very similar mileage…. Lol

Still remember when I bought that thing…. It was my first bike and still hadnt quite learned how to ride. Bought it off a guy in the base… middle of winder with snow still in the ground…. Went and got it at his house… rode that thing back to the barracks… only a few miles… had my feet out the whole time… shitting my pants, I was…. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Talked to a CBR 750 rider and he always said if it didn't smell like a cook out then you wasn't riding right, basically see how far and long you can get to within redline.

That sounds like some shit the “just rack your shotgun to scare intruders” guy would say… :LOL:

Users who are viewing this thread