Best Sportsbike 600cc and up

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I’ll admit my next bike I get into will more then likely be an MT-07. I want a more calm naked bike, I’ve got my R1 for the speed, the 2300cc Rocket for cruising, and the groms to crash and break more bones with.
They sound good with exhaust and intake/filter.. do that and tune, call it done…

blk02edge

Established Member
It certainly seems in 2023, if you want a pure sportbike, you gotta go with the big dawg 1000 CC or greater bikes. Its depressing seeing the current offerings in light or middleweight sport bikes. The CBR600 always seemed to be the gold standard. I think modern liter (pure) sportbikes have evolved *way* beyond what is enjoyable on the street. Electronics are what has made that happen. My old 07 GSXR 1000 was fun to ride with a measly 150 HP. Now we need over 200 HP to be in the top 5 on the spec list.

Although, as others have said, super naked are a blast. The MT-10 and others seem like a riot. When I do back-to-back rides between the sportbike and the naked, the naked always makes me relax and laugh. The sportbike just wants to kill you 24/7/365.
Isn't the 07/08 185HP?

IA Shelby

Established Member
However with that being said. I’d probably pick my bike just because it’s what I’m used to, and what I’ve gotten used to. I’ve owned it for like 9 years now? These motors are reliable, I’ve got like 25k on mine now. Since there are 7 other bikes to choose from it doesn’t get ridden as much as the triumph rocket does.
7 other bikes? Damn.

LS WUT

Established Member
7 other bikes? Damn.
2004 CBR600
2012 Yamaha R1
2015 Triumph Rocket III Roadster
2023 Aprillia Tuono V4
2023 Honda Grom (red)
2023 Honda Grom (grey)
2017 Kawasaki Z125

Granted not all of these are mine as I said before. Just what we can ride at any given time from my house.

Blackoyote

Established Member
Depends man, what will you be doing with it and how much do you want to mess with ergos?

Mostly just commuting with a little excitement? CBR

Mostly just for fun, go out and hit some canyons and you're 6' or taller and don't want to mess with ergos? GSXR or ZX6R

Straight up track machine? R6 (obviously will have to be used since they discontinued the street legal version) but again if over 6' takes some ergo adjustment to fit properly.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
You guys ever see the Japanese revving contests? This is what I love about Japan, they don't half-ass anything, not even revving their bikes. :ROFLMAO:

turrible-charles-barkley.gif

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
The good thing is you can go back 10-20 years and all the top bikes still like sweet.

For Instance....

They look so much better than modern. I am not too into bikes but the late 90s early 00s were the peak aesthetically IMO. Still get rock hard when I see a vintage GSXR or YZF

Users who are viewing this thread