ajaf1656

Established Member
Clowning on Harley at MotoGP... :LOL:
IMG_3308.jpeg

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
I don’t know much about sport bikes. But the only bike I’ve owned was this 07 Kawasaki mean streak 1600cc. For its class it was slow as heck. Moved out enough for me though. Not a sport bike but it had inverted forks and dual front disc brakes! Lol
View attachment 1810988

Right now I really like the way a HD Breakout Screaming Eagle looks. It also has inverted forks and dual disc brakes.
View attachment 1810991View attachment 1810992

If I was in the market for a sport bike I would look at a Kawasaki Ninja at least a 650 or 6R. Just to enjoy and have fun.l with. Don’t know much about them but I know Saki makes some solid bikes.
View attachment 1810995

Man I miss riding a bike.

My first bike was a 2003 Kawasaki Meanstreak. Fun bike. Definitely a turd. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I saw this bike the other day and was trying to figure out what it is. Maybe one of you guys can tell what it is? Looks like a dual purpose, and is RH chain drive.
View attachment 1810998
I believe that is a Triumph Scrambler. Fun bikes.

I had a 2014. 865 CC parallel twin, air cooled, fuel injected. Horrible suspension. Was fun with the full Arrow exhaust.

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It certainly seems in 2023, if you want a pure sportbike, you gotta go with the big dawg 1000 CC or greater bikes. Its depressing seeing the current offerings in light or middleweight sport bikes. The CBR600 always seemed to be the gold standard. I think modern liter (pure) sportbikes have evolved *way* beyond what is enjoyable on the street. Electronics are what has made that happen. My old 07 GSXR 1000 was fun to ride with a measly 150 HP. Now we need over 200 HP to be in the top 5 on the spec list.

Although, as others have said, super naked are a blast. The MT-10 and others seem like a riot. When I do back-to-back rides between the sportbike and the naked, the naked always makes me relax and laugh. The sportbike just wants to kill you 24/7/365.

JaCobro

Luke 10:19
Established Member
Premium Member
I believe that is a Triumph Scrambler. Fun bikes.

I had a 2014. 865 CC parallel twin, air cooled, fuel injected. Horrible suspension. Was fun with the full Arrow exhaust.
That’s what I thought looked the closest to it. But I couldn’t find any pics of any with the rear grab bars, or with those rear shocks on this one. Which now would make sense if they upgraded them over crappy stock shocks. I’m thinking you nailed it.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Where IN THE **** have you been!?!?!?

it appears the rumors of jeff being ****ed to death at a pride parade were exaggerated…I recall he was back in school, med field, imagine he got pretty busy.

Enjoying the 2wheel life again and yeah covid opened the door for me to return to my old life back in parts unknown helping people instead of destroying them.

For real bang for buck option instead of a crotch rocket get a used sportster and a drop on big bore kit. 9sec capable, but most guys run low 11s on them and they can be found CHEAP. Ive seen clapped out ones for 3500 and the kits aren’t much. I think I figured up about 5k or so build a ball buster for the streets

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Enjoying the 2wheel life again and yeah covid opened the door for me to return to my old life back in parts unknown helping people instead of destroying them.

For real bang for buck option instead of a crotch rocket get a used sportster and a drop on big bore kit. 9sec capable, but most guys run low 11s on them and they can be found CHEAP. Ive seen clapped out ones for 3500 and the kits aren’t much. I think I figured up about 5k or so build a ball buster for the streets
Good to hear from you Jeff! I don’t hate harleys, but they aren’t really my jam.. I have considered some nekkid bikes, really like the Triumph lineup for that. Street Triple…

IMG_4049.jpeg
IMG_4051.jpeg
IMG_4050.jpeg

ajaf1656

Established Member
Dang, vintage Ben Spies. Guy was a hell of a racer.
Good to hear from you Jeff! I don’t hate harleys, but they aren’t really my jam.. I have considered some nekkid bikes, really like the Triumph lineup for that. Street Triple…

View attachment 1811034View attachment 1811035View attachment 1811036
I have to admit, since Moto2 switched from the inline-4 Honda engine to the Triumph triple, they sound so friggin cool. I wish every naked bike had an option for no fairings and a round headlight. I'm just over the insect/origami styling and the scoops and fairings tacked on for decoration.
This is a rendering of what the MT10 would look like if Yamaha had any style. I would own this if they sold it.
IMG_6508.jpeg

LS WUT

Established Member
I’ll admit my next bike I get into will more then likely be an MT-07. I want a more calm naked bike, I’ve got my R1 for the speed, the 2300cc Rocket for cruising, and the groms to crash and break more bones with.

Users who are viewing this thread