Best Sportsbike 600cc and up

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Dyna is a sport bike. Just not a race replica. Don't be a pussy, get that 400lb tank in the air.

View attachment 1810883

As for which bike to get. Already said, pick what looks best and fits best for you. They are all fast and fun.

Bikes are like guns.

Disgusted Judge Judy GIF

LS WUT

Established Member
I’ve owned several CBR600’s and even an RR. Loved all of them. I currently still have my 2012 Yamah R1. I love that bike, it’s got good electronics for the year, good power to weight ratio, and I love the sound of the cross plane.

I’d say Kawasaki has come a long way. Those H2’s and such are stupid fast. Best bang in my opinion would be a Honda CBR600RR. They’re still quick, and you can hang them in corners.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I bought a new Yamaha R6 in "raven" back in 05. Enjoyed it but lacked power down low (understandably). If I was to do a crotch rocket again (I would not), it would be a liter bike FOR SURE, or gixxer 750 at the very least.

A v twin like the RC51 @Klaus posted miiiiiiight get me back into it.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
What about a Beemer? Hard to beat the S1000RRRRRRRR (say it like a pirate).

I'll keep my opinions about pasta-rockets to myself... Although the Aprilia RS660 is all kinds of sexy...
it is. like those a lot. Only non jap bike, I would consider.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I’ve owned several CBR600’s and even an RR. Loved all of them. I currently still have my 2012 Yamah R1. I love that bike, it’s got good electronics for the year, good power to weight ratio, and I love the sound of the cross plane.

I’d say Kawasaki has come a long way. Those H2’s and such are stupid fast. Best bang in my opinion would be a Honda CBR600RR. They’re still quick, and you can hang them in corners.

Damn, someone actually answering the question! :ROFLMAO:

Martin Luther King Jr Protest GIF by GIPHY News

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I bought a new Yamaha R6 in "raven" back in 05. Enjoyed it but lacked power down low (understandably). If I was to do a crotch rocket again (I would not), it would be a liter bike FOR SURE, or gixxer 750 at the very least.

A v twin like the RC51 @Klaus posted miiiiiiight get me back into it.

I remember the ravens... Nice looking bikes.

RC51s are pretty cool. That vtwin sound tho…

Frustrated Clint Eastwood GIF

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Back in 01' My friend bought a Suzuki GSKR 750
He let me take it for a spin.
Half an hr later I brought it back, hands shaking from adrenaline. As I gave him the key back, I said "Dude, the day you ride this and you are not afraid of it, is the day you die". Lol.
Obviously my experience was jaded, going from a 600 Katana to that 750 GSXR. It was eye opening. Once I moved close to Seattle, I sold both bikes I had. No way are you going to live long riding in that traffic.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
guys, GUYS! :LOL:

The point of the thread is / was….

If you had X amount of dollars, what would be your pick for “best bang for the buck” sportbike today? This includes new and older models. Tell us why.

Example: For me, back in 2004, the best bang for the buck was the CBR 954RR. It was not the fastest (GSX-R 1000 was) but it was a ****ing TANK. I also preferred its looks. Power is nice, but to me, reliability / durability was first, since I knew a was going to ride it hard.

Im sure things have changed… Honda CBRs might not be the King in reliability anymore. Im sure Susuki’s GSX-Rs are no longer the fastest 1000. I dont think Yamaha even makes any more R6s…. How is Kawasaki build quality nowadays…

For all these reasons, i am looking for imput from the people have stayed in the game. Or have knowledge on the most recent market….

Last edited:

LS WUT

Established Member
Yeah man, I’d say a lot of them have changed drastically as far as technology goes. GSX-R have come a long way too. I rode a few of those. The 750 was my favorite. It felt just right honestly, the 1000 the handlebar position was a bit much. As is my R1, they’re way too far down, granted they’re meant to be leaned on the entire time. That’s why I’d recommend a Kawasaki 636, or even a CBR600RR.

From my take on my buddies 08 R6 Raven it was nice, it just felt heavy in the bars around parking lots. I only rode it a handful of times when we would trade a traffic lights and such.

More recently I enjoy my brother in laws Aprillia Tuono V4 Factory, I know it’s Italian. However it’s a nice bike, but generates so much heat at lights between your legs.

Users who are viewing this thread