Best Sportsbike 600cc and up

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Hi everyone,

Used to play in the arena baaaaack in the day. Last bike was a Hundo 954RR, circa 2005ish.

93F63468-4B79-4A0A-B6A9-A78FC58C8A92.jpeg

Recently, subject came up of the “best sportsbike for the money” (best bang for buck) currently. New or used. From the big 4 (Honda, Susuki, Yamaha or Kawasaki).

*** Sorry, no Italian faggotry here. ***

Im no longer in the know and have not really followed up on the crotch rocket segment. Anything after 2005 and I am lost like a lion cub alone in the savanna…

Those of you that are still (or have kept up) with this hobby/sport. What say you? Whats your opinion?

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Dyna

FB_IMG_1695669068759.jpg
FB_IMG_1695669053338.jpg

Never understood the intense dick measuring over incremental differences in the Metric sports bikes.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Did you bobble heads even read the thread??? :ROFLMAO:

How about your opinions….

Corbic, stop posting non-crotch rocket type turds….

No cruisers….. dafuq

Dyna is a sport bike. Just not a race replica. Don't be a pussy, get that 400lb tank in the air.

how-to-wheelie-blog_800x.jpg

As for which bike to get. Already said, pick what looks best and fits best for you. They are all fast and fun.

Bikes are like guns.

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
What about a Beemer? Hard to beat the S1000RRRRRRRR (say it like a pirate).

I'll keep my opinions about pasta-rockets to myself... Although the Aprilia RS660 is all kinds of sexy...

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
What about a Beemer? Hard to beat the S1000RRRRRRRR (say it like a pirate).

I'll keep my opinions about pasta-rockets to myself... Although the Aprilia RS660 is all kinds of sexy...
I am not going to lie, that RS660 has got my attention, priced pretty damn good too. I have no business on S1000RR, beautiful and bad ass bike!

MG0h3

Established Member
Only sport bike I’ve ridden/owned was an 08 ZX10R. Bought I brand new in late 09’. Got for 8999 down from 12999 msrp so maybe you could find a leftover one like that.

Not sure how much has changed but the dealer explained it like this:

Honda: most balanced and well rounded. Best bike at the time in his opinion.

Yamaha: very linear power and lowest of the big four.

Suzuki: great bike. Didn’t have anything bad to say. Said the 750 was an awesome mix

Kawasaki: most likely to kill you. Nasty high rpm power.

Owned it for about 5yrs. Zero complaints. Loved it. Did a -1 front sprocket. Speedo healer. Sent the ECM out for a flash. Sent the Ohlins steering damper out for a revalve. Pipe.

Rode my buddy’s ZX6R after I did some repairs and I was so happy I went with the liter. Thing just didn’t have any power down low.

If I were in the market again, I’d go Kawasaki again for sure. First time was such a great experience.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Mostly been a Honda guy with a CBR600 and two 929RR's but I think the R6 and R1 have always been the champs for the most part.

850SNCobra

Established Member
Most modern sportbikes will do whatever you want and plus more without the need for much mods. Can't really go wrong with any of them as the tech has come a long way.

I don't know why but I personally could never see myself riding a Honda sportbike, unless it's the new Fireblade SP.

I still ride an old 06' ZX-10R would love to upgrade to the latest but to be honest I really have no reason to since I don't track it or ride it like I want to. I went to the track once and almost got sucked into that rabbit hole lmao. Have to find what works for you, I love the low-end grunt this model 10r has which is why I'll try to keep it long as I can.

For what it's worth, I see someone above mentioned they're glad they got a liter instead of a 600. I think 600's are cool for certain people or situations. My girl rides a 600 and it's perfect for her skill level, plenty fast for her to keep up mostly with me when we're riding but it doesn't have that 0-100 in the blink of an eye acceleration like a liter bike has. Hell, I can't even get her to drive the Shelby because it's "too scary" but she'll haul ass doing 130+ on her bike lol.

600's are fun because you give them the beans(full throttle) constantly lol, literally can ride that thing at the top of it's RPM range and still not have a fear of going to jail or death, whereas on the liter bike, I rarely take it over 9-10,000 rpm's, unless I'm out with a group then that might change but I've gotten older and really don't do group rides anymore.

Sorry for the somewhat long post but motorcycles are my first love.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Most modern sportbikes will do whatever you want and plus more without the need for much mods. Can't really go wrong with any of them as the tech has come a long way.

I don't know why but I personally could never see myself riding a Honda sportbike, unless it's the new Fireblade SP.

I still ride an old 06' ZX-10R would love to upgrade to the latest but to be honest I really have no reason to since I don't track it or ride it like I want to. I went to the track once and almost got sucked into that rabbit hole lmao. Have to find what works for you, I love the low-end grunt this model 10r has which is why I'll try to keep it long as I can.

For what it's worth, I see someone above mentioned they're glad they got a liter instead of a 600. I think 600's are cool for certain people or situations. My girl rides a 600 and it's perfect for her skill level, plenty fast for her to keep up mostly with me when we're riding but it doesn't have that 0-100 in the blink of an eye acceleration like a liter bike has. Hell, I can't even get her to drive the Shelby because it's "too scary" but she'll haul ass doing 130+ on her bike lol.

600's are fun because you give them the beans(full throttle) constantly lol, literally can ride that thing at the top of it's RPM range and still not have a fear of going to jail or death, whereas on the liter bike, I rarely take it over 9-10,000 rpm's, unless I'm out with a group then that might change but I've gotten older and really don't do group rides anymore.

Sorry for the somewhat long post but motorcycles are my first love.
Agree on the liter part...because someone is new does not mean they should get a 600.

On the other part...I had a 600 R1 pass me at 150 like I was standing still. A 600 will still kill you quick AF and send your ass straight to jail and you have not gotten out of 3rd gear yet. A 500 Ninja.....SURE.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Agree on the liter part...because someone is new does not mean they should get a 600.

On the other part...I had a 600 R1 pass me at 150 like I was standing still. A 600 will still kill you quick AF and send your ass straight to jail and you have not gotten out of 3rd gear yet. A 500 Ninja.....SURE.
A 600 at full boil will move out, just doesn’t have the top end of a liter bike. The newer ones are putting down the kinda power yesterdays liter bikes made.

Users who are viewing this thread