Votes: 1 0.7%
  • gt500 quad

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Bassani

Votes: 6 4.2%

• Total voters

DaBigBone

Established Member
I've got a new setup going on this weekend. Lethal O/R H and MBRP Race Catback. I'll be sure to get a vid up

clc44

Established Member
BBK LT's, Catted-X, 18" Dynamax Bullets for resonators, GT500's.

The Bullets eliminated the rasp I was getting from the X-pipe. I had Roush AB's for a short while but they were just too damned obnoxious. Threw them in the trash. This setup is as close as I have found to what I consider old school muscle sounding. Gonna go catless with E85 this summer, mostly for the Powah, but think I will make a video so I can make some comparisons on the exhaust note.

th_image_zpslqfjy6hf.jpg

2012 Mustang GT, A6, tuned, ADS, Forgestars w/MT Sport Comps, some BMR suspension goodies, 390rwhp, 372 rwtq

Can you post a video??

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
I've always loved the sound of my cars with long tubes, OR X and Magnaflow magnapacks / competition series cat backs. I think I may be going in a different direction with my next exhaust set up as I think this car sounds really good!

Long tubes, OR H, JBA competiton series

[youtube_browser]N9lZamD5nXc[/youtube_browser]

Different car, but same set up, from the interior...

[youtube_browser]PHxzxNTQV18[/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]1MdZu7gCycQ[/youtube_browser]

SixPak

Established Member
Can you post a video??

Here it is. Best I could do on my iPhone. I am not a computer wizard.

Click on photo.
th_capturedvideo_zpsszeaayjj.jpg

BBK LT's, Catted X, 18" Dynamax Bullits in place of resonators and GT500 cans.

15PSI

Established Member
Dynatech LTs, Dynatech X-Pipe with Race Cats, MBRP Cat-Backs - Loud on cold starts, nice rumble when warm and zero resonance inside the cabin.

Flcracker

Established Member
I prefer my Roush with the cats way more than my current GT 500 with x pipe. You can't beat the sound of the Roush exhaust. Also, I lost some low end torque when the car is not in boost with the x pipe which sucks big time.

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
That's odd. I haven't put my car on a dyno but I don't feel like I've lost anything at all when I went OR but definetly feel like I've made gains. I guess it could be a little less torq somewhere in the curve but I sure don't feel it and that passing gear from 60-90 comes on a lot stronger. Car is a lot more raspy now but I like it. It's one of the most if not the most aggressive sounding Mustang exhausts I've had.

DaBigBone

Established Member
No vid yet, but got my new exhaust on and think it's hands down my favorite setup. I'm yet to get the car over about 30mph though so we'll see

kodexkustoms

Established Member
Anybody running borla s-types with a ORX and bullets for resonators?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F8LVENOM

Established Member
I just installed GT500 AB on my 2012 GT auto. The rest of the exhaust is 100% stock, and it's PERFECT and exactly what I wanted.

Awesome sound at start up and when getting into it a bit, without being obnoxious. Louder then stock with a nice smooth, tuned and hearty muscle sound with some gurgle, and no rasp (do not like a raspy sound)

And perfectly quiet and tame when just driving around normal, and has zero drone.

Last edited:

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
Roush only - decent sounding and not too loud
Roush w/orx and lethal over axle pipes - ugh
Long tubes, orx, lethal pipes, and gt500's - perfect
Lt's, orx, mbrp street series catback - decent around town at light throttle and can be raspy under medium load. Switched from gt500s to mbrp for lighter weight, straight thru design, and black tips

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Just got done with my full JBA install and I cannot be any happier with the sound. It's exactly what I wanted. Cold start that won't wake the neighbors, very moderate tone at cruise (no drone but you know you have exhaust) and super aggressive at WOT.

[video=youtube;WssxSk8laNk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WssxSk8laNk[/video]

Last edited:

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
I voted for Corsa but personally went with Magnaflow and you didn't provide that option.

t660

Established Member
$70 muffer delete at a local muffler shop.

I cruise 40 highway miles a day for work with 3.73s and I don't get annoyed with drone, but when you open it up you'll wake the dead.

I'm sure when I toss on off road pipes it will be way too loud, but for now I'm happy. I can't justify dropping hundreds on exhaust.

FocusSTGuy

Established Member
Can anyone compare the volume levels of:

A) Roush A/B with stock exhaust/cats/resonators

vs

B) Kooks A/B with offroad X, stock headers.

I keep hearing the Roush sounds horrendous with an offroad X so i have held off putting it on while I wait for my Kooks. Its HARD to wait as well as its also preventing me from tuning the car heh.

Users who are viewing this thread