Votes: 1 0.7%
  • gt500 quad

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Bassani

Votes: 6 4.2%

• Total voters

TxS197

Established Member
Kooks 1 7/8 LT's Catted H-Pipe Factory Reso. Still in place and Frpp Sport Axle backs
Car sounds mean isn't the loudest but its deep
May pull the resonators off to see how it sounds make it a tad louder

Kiohtee

Established Member
I'm running a Pypes O/R H and Ford Racing GT500 axle-back (single tips). Otherwise stock. No drone, can be kept quiet enough but gets nasty (in a good way) as you open her up!

Best 5.0 exhaust out there IMO. Especially for the money.

el jefe 302

Making all kinds of gainz
Established Member
I've had several exhaust setups.

First was stock boss setup with 3/4 drilled plates: sounded good but it had a higher pitch then I wanted, think V8 M3 pitch.

Then I added pypes mid mufflers with resonated tips and it sounded deeper but introduced drone at 1900-2000RPM.

The next step was longtubes with a custom O/R prochamber to factory OTA pipes to GT500 single tips: No drone.... at all. Very nice tone and really opens up past 4k RPM.

I also had several midpipes before I settled on the catless prochamber.

I'm done with loud exhaust and drone. When i'm on the highway cruising I want to be able to have conversations at a normal talking level.

Last edited:

Nuar

Established Member
Any details on the custom prochamber? Which model of the pipe did you start with?

First was stock boss setup with 3/4 drilled plates: sounded good but it had a higher pitch then I wanted, think V8 M3 pitch.

Then I added pypes mid mufflers with resonated tips and it sounded deeper but introduced drone at 1900-2000RPM.

The next step was longtubes with a custom O/R prochamber to factory OTA pipes to GT500 single tips: No drone.... at all. Very nice tone and really opens up past 4k RPM.

I'm done with loud exhaust and drone. When i'm on the highway cruising I want to be able to have conversations at a normal talking level.

clc44

Established Member

I'm about to add resonators to my set up, little too much rasp and volume down low without them.

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
I'm about to add resonators to my set up, little too much rasp and volume down low without them.

Haha you got an X pipe with LT headers and gt500s right? I know I read you were getting ready to put on a new set up. I don't have long tubes but I can't imagine it would do much difference sound wise but I love mine. I could use it louder but I'm good. I love how raw it sounds. Don't add resonators man. You are doing that engine sound an injustice if you do lol

svtmassa

Established Member
after trying borlas, mac, and now gt500 axle back with lethal offroad h i can finally say im happy. No drone , its quiet at startup when i leave for work at 6 in the morning but when i hit the throttle and give it some gas it sound perfect

5lho

Established Member
I used to say with my MT car and GT500s that it sounded like the Bullitt soundtrack with the volume turned down a bit. It was so good when I wrecked the car, I salvaged the mufflers first, to go on my new 2014. Not quite Bullitt anymore with the automatic transmission but, still the best quality sound for this engine ever. It is especially important that you carefully choose a muffler on the auto, as that trans creates the most opportunity for drone or other crap, unless you are tapping selectshift at every gearchange. I can always loud it up later, should I wish but, most exhaust for this car start off too loud/raspy/drony and you can't tone that down.

clc44

Established Member
Haha you got an X pipe with LT headers and gt500s right? I know I read you were getting ready to put on a new set up. I don't have long tubes but I can't imagine it would do much difference sound wise but I love mine. I could use it louder but I'm good. I love how raw it sounds. Don't add resonators man. You are doing that engine sound an injustice if you do lol

It'll actually take a little rasp away. It won't affect it much. I'll post a video when I do install them. Closing on a house Monday, after tht I'll worry about the reso install. Once I found it had a leak, it sounded night and day better.

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
How loud would you guys with off-road H pipes and GT500 axle backs say your car is compared to a straight through design axle back like Roush but still with stock cats? I love the way my Roush axle backs sound but I want the car louder. But not as loud as my old 1996 Cobra was with an off road X pipe and SLP loudmouths lol

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
How loud would you guys with off-road H pipes and GT500 axle backs say your car is compared to a straight through design axle back like Roush but still with stock cats? I love the way my Roush axle backs sound but I want the car louder. But not as loud as my old 1996 Cobra was with an off road X pipe and SLP loudmouths lol

I have an OR-X not H and 3" resonator deletes with GT500s and I've heard Roush with cats in person. I'd say it's close to the same decibel wise. The tone is going to be different obviously but my set up is not what I'd call loud. It's not quiet either but the Roush AB by themselves are pretty loud for a catted set up.

clc44

Established Member

I'd say they're comparable. The overall tone is no where near the same. The Roush to me sounds to blotchy (truck exhaust) sound. My set up is very smooth but aggressive. I'd go off road X and borla stingers if you like the rousch ab catted.

SixPak

Established Member
BBK LT's, Catted-X, 18" Dynamax Bullets for resonators, GT500's.

The Bullets eliminated the rasp I was getting from the X-pipe. I had Roush AB's for a short while but they were just too damned obnoxious. Threw them in the trash. This setup is as close as I have found to what I consider old school muscle sounding. Gonna go catless with E85 this summer, mostly for the Powah, but think I will make a video so I can make some comparisons on the exhaust note.

th_image_zpslqfjy6hf.jpg

2012 Mustang GT, A6, tuned, ADS, Forgestars w/MT Sport Comps, some BMR suspension goodies, 390rwhp, 372 rwtq

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread