Best place to live?

Vigilante

Established Member
I'm constantly hating on my parents for raising me in a place like that (Modesto), nothing to do, no good scenery, bad schools, low opportunity, etc.

The worst part is my grandparents chose to live here. That's right I was the first one born in Hell... I mean Tucson. I was talking to my Mom how I want to move to Seattle cause there is more to do and such and she told me, "It's not the city's job to entertain you."

I said, "Well no... but the more popular cities get more entertainment, which get more business, which improves the economy, which funds the school systems which decreases crime. So in reality, it is the city's job to entertain you, because the benefits out weigh the cost."

Idk, it seems like the heat just fries people or something.

I really hate Tuscon and it's not the Sun Devil in me. I hated going down there and playing them. Tuscon is a terrible representation of what Arizona has to offer. There's some beautiful camping down there though. I usually drive right past Tuscon on the way to Tumacacori.

What kind of idiot puts pikes in manhole covers? Is it a coincidence that the closer you get to Mexico the worse the crime is? We're armed 24/7 when I visit friends in the remote mountains of Tumacacori. No power, phone, or internet with hoards of Mexicans raiding homes as they cross the border.....all headed straight for Tuscon.

Its also true in Mexico, the further you get away from the US border the more beautiful, clean and English speakers there are.

The camping is nice, but most of the time there is a fire restriction so you can't grill anything, or s'mores... but the times there isn't one, its ****ing packed.

Edited to add: I think AZ's whole problem is this state is very fond of private prisons and well educated, wealthy Inmates are are not happy, repeat offenders. So they trash the state to make it feel like a prison so they actually can put you in prison.

I laugh my ass off every time I watch this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Dj--8UANrM

Last edited:

Blown 89

Established Member
Its also true in Mexico, the further you get away from the US border the more beautiful, clean and English speakers there are.

Edited to add: I think AZ's whole problem is this state is very fond of private prisons and well educated, wealthy Inmates are are not happy, repeat offenders. So they trash the state to make it feel like a prison so they actually can put you in prison.
Arizona's problem is illegal immigration. Plain and simple. It costs this state billions every year and they're raising first generation Americans in absolute squalor which compounds the problem over time. I've only been to Mexico twice and I will never go back. I refuse to support their economy.

I agree, Tuscon is terrible but I'll play devil's advocate and say that any place you live is only as good as you make it.

Last edited:

Vigilante

Established Member
Oh trust me, I've been trying to make the best of it, its just lately all the stuff in the local news(Tucson crime and wasting $4 million a year on a trolley very few people ride) and the cloudless days are just taking their toll on me. The problem is most of the stuff is only good for .5-1hr of something to do. When relatives come to visit we hit every place in a day. Biosphere, Colossal Cave, Wildlife Museum and Children's Museum. Granted there is more, but its all outdoors when its 110 degrees. During the winter its not as bad because the outdoor activities open up. But when you are a kid, what season do you have off? Summer...

Anyway, sorry to the OP for high-jacking the thread, Phoenix looks good, don't ever go to Tucson.

nxhappy

Established Member
honestly, I'd take 110^ over 5 feet of snow. At least if it's hot you can go to the lake or jump in a pool. When it's cold you are stuck inside, all ****ing day.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
whats nice about socal is you can surf in the pacific in the morning and ski big bear in the afternoon. the weather is almost perfect all the time. but there are pretty much no dragstrips anymore, and that really sucks.

I am originally from long island, ny - smart making a move, op!

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
honestly, I'd take 110^ over 5 feet of snow. At least if it's hot you can go to the lake or jump in a pool. When it's cold you are stuck inside, all ****ing day.

Man I think the opposite. You can only cool off so much. I'd rather put on a sweater and go play in the snow than jump in a 100 degree pool and bake in the sun.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
The worst part is my grandparents chose to live here. That's right I was the first one born in Hell... I mean Tucson. I was talking to my Mom how I want to move to Seattle cause there is more to do and such and she told me, "It's not the city's job to entertain you."

I said, "Well no... but the more popular cities get more entertainment, which get more business, which improves the economy, which funds the school systems which decreases crime. So in reality, it is the city's job to entertain you, because the benefits out weigh the cost."

Idk, it seems like the heat just fries people or something.

Places like that are great for people who just want to wake up, work 8hrs, come home, watch tv, go to bed, and on the weekends do nothing.

Me? Im getting in my car Saturday after a day at the beach, and making a 10min drive downtown to see Pablo Francisco. 2 Drink minimum and my girl doesnt drink, so 4 for me!

Blown 89

Established Member
Agreed. I hate the cold with every fiber of my being. No amount of clothing keeps me warm.

Vigilante

Established Member
Man I think the opposite. You can only cool off so much. I'd rather put on a sweater and go play in the snow than jump in a 100 degree pool and bake in the sun.

Agreed as I'm sitting here soaking in my own sweat with nothing on. I could go to a pool, but I'm dreading moving let alone going outside.

Don't be fooled, you say you are stuck inside with 5 ft of snow(I'm not saying you wouldn't be), but you'll still be stuck inside because the sun will burn you as soon as you step foot outside even with spf 50 and an umbrella.

VaporGT

-
Established Member
AZ is a retirement state, but I would not want to be here even retired. Pros: It's cheap, and gun friendly, but the cons are:
-its hot and dry like an oven(I guess if you are tired of snow that's a positive)
-Allergies are rampant
-Very few things to do
-Public transportation is a joke
-Freeways are a joke
-Poor school systems(Again, not a problem if your children are staying in NY)
-Poor mental health
-Badly managed and represented government

Idk where you guys are, but cars shows are few and far between since people here are more into off roading and trucks. I see dozens of lifted trucks everywhere I go, but very few sports cars. I've seen one Lambo the entire time I lived here. In fact getting my Cobra worked on is a nightmare since no one knows about DOHC Fords, yet there is a truck shop on every corner.

Edited to add: I just found out the unofficial motto of AZ is "Come on vacation, leave on probation." Crime is average, but they arrest and convict anyone of everything with no early release program.

I disagreed with everything you said... Until I realized you lived in Tucson and its perfectly described. The car scene isn't that terrible though. Personally seen many exotics up in the Foothills (Ferraris, Lambos, and a couple GTs), I think the problem is they are owned by the older crowd and don't bring them out to play much. Lack of good shows in the area doesn't help either.

Users who are viewing this thread