Best place to live?

Ghost

Ghost
Established Member
Solve been doing some planning for my future and looking to purchase a home to retire to. For me, it's a good time to buy. I was looking to get away from NY. I know there's many beautiful places in the US where my dollar goes much further.

I'd like there to be a decent car/motorcycle scene with a major drag strip under a 2 hour drive. I prefer warmer climates. Other than that, I'm up for anything. I was thinking DFW, TX.

SO tell me about where you would move and why.

TorchMach

Established Member
Texas has crazy humidity, LA is just too populated, I would say Colorado? That's where I want to go, buy a nice ranch out there...

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Personally, I would pick something in California, about an hour inland from LA or San Fran, somewhere in the middle. That way you are away from the big city BS, but it's easily close enough when you want. Plus you're close to Yosemite and the rest of the Sierras.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Socal.

You can ride almost 365 days a year.

Not sure about drag, but there's enough curvy roads that you get to have fun a whole different way.

MikeHoncho

Who cares...
Established Member
Texas hill country. Somewhere between San Antonio and Austin. I think there's a strip in SA, plus you have all the hill country roads. That's where I'm headed. Hopefully soon.

Blown 89

Established Member
I'm pretty happy in AZ. Great weather most of the year, the most friendly gun laws in the nation, stunning beauty up north, California and Mexico beaches not far away, good skiing in the winter, beautiful women and a very healthy lifestyle. Boston, was amazing too. I hear Tennessee is a great place to live too

KushBandit

Established Member
Socal.

You can ride almost 365 days a year.

Not sure about drag, but there's enough curvy roads that you get to have fun a whole different way.

Plus, we have way hotter women. Anything you want is within a 30 minute drive.

The smog restrictions are a bitch though.

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
I think you'd have to be a little more specific than just car/bike scene and warm weather. I'm in NY right now and it's pretty warm. Are you cool with crowded cities? Do you care about cost of living? Central Florida is quite warm year around and has a great car scene. I'd also put a vote in for San Diego and the LA area. I've also been to the Bay Area, Dallas, Houston and New Orleans and they all had nice, warm weather but idk about the car scene

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
From New York? You'll end up in Florida.

Palm Beach County is a nice place to live, especially the Gardens/Jupiter area IMO.
PBIR is 30 minutes away tops and the car scene isn't bad.

NastyNate420

Established Member
SoCal is a good spot but HELLA expensive!
Id say South FL is a better spot. more liberal and cheaper.
Ive lived in Houston and that place was hotter than south FL!
Im from NJand Have lived in South FL , San diego CA, and Houston TX. As well as Many other states.
I love Cali but you have to PAY to play!!

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
SoCal is a good spot but HELLA expensive!
Id say South FL is a better spot. more liberal and cheaper.
Ive lived in Houston and that place was hotter than south FL!
Im from NJand Have lived in South FL , San diego CA, and Houston TX. As well as Many other states.
I love Cali but you have to PAY to play!!

lol did you mean to say south FL is more conservative?

Doubt anyone here wants to live in more liberal areas........

Firstang001

Established Member
I'm pretty happy in AZ. Great weather most of the year, the most friendly gun laws in the nation, stunning beauty up north, California and Mexico beaches not far away, good skiing in the winter, beautiful women and a very healthy lifestyle. Boston, was amazing too. I hear Tennessee is a great place to live too

I think I agree with you and go with AZ. I ride my self. Car and Bike scene is pretty decent out here.

Ford>Chevy

Established Member
I like Boston as a city, but hate living up here. Gun laws suck, inspection is a hassle, weather sucks during the winter. If I had an ideal place, probably be the Carolinas, or somewhere out west. Definitely not Cali though, too expensive. Probably more like a Colorado

Blown 89

Established Member
I think I agree with you and go with AZ. I ride my self. Car and Bike scene is pretty decent out here.
High end cars are nuts here too. Multiple car shows every weekend, a ton of race tracks, lots of canyon roads throughout the state. I'd call our car scene more than decent.

Users who are viewing this thread