• Stock

Votes: 18 1.9%
  • Magnaflow

Votes: 231 24.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tvguy

Thought you were looking at the Steeda catback and CAI?? Have you given up on those products?
pacotaco

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
No, I havn't given up on the Steeda's yet, to tell you the truth, I'm about confused.

I like the look of the stock tips, but they could be bigger, I am worried about being way to loud and I don't want an anoying drone.

I am stressing in this tread that I am keeping the stock H Pipe, and I know that makes a difference in the droning. I had a '95 gt with flowmasters that droned, but when my cats clogged and I went to a OR H the drone stopped completly.

Anyway, it sound to me like the maggies have a drone with the Borla's not having much, and the Steeda having even less or none.

I think many people don't even consider the Steeda, and thats why it doesn't get many votes.

I think I really just need to hear a couple of setups with the stock H in person, and have located 3 guys in my area that may be able to set me straight.

If I had to choose by what I have been reading on this thread and others, It would be between the Stinger, Bassani, and Steeda.

Anyone know hos the steeda sounds?

And, are the Bassani Tips angled like the stock ones or do they have a weird cut like is on their website, and a couple of pictures i have seen here. I read this has been changed by Bassani?

T's Blk03

No Clue What Goes Here
Established Member
Maggies will drone some but no where near what you had with the flows. At the time maggies were the best bang for the buck. I've only heard one set of stingers and they were a little too loud for me. Then again, I've never heard mine from outside the car :shrug: Plus I like the mirror finish on the maggies except when I have to clean them :beer:

sloopjonb

Established Member
Originally posted by johnsonl
If you are keeping the Stock H pipe and Stock Headers, what Cat Back is the Best.
Please tell me about the following with your reply.
Drone if any?
Sound compaired to stock cat back?
Quality of materials and construction?
What do the Tips look like?
Anything you like or don't like?
Go for the Steeda setup. Plenty loud at WOT, drone has been tuned out, much bigger tips than stock but subtle, nice low sound when cruising, quiet at idle, fit perfectly, finished nicely. The sound is fantastic. I get many compliments, and no complaints. They get the point across without waking the dead.

Tommystang

Friggin' Ford Lover
Established Member
No, I havn't given up on the Steeda's yet, to tell you the truth, I'm about confused.

I like the look of the stock tips, but they could be bigger, I am worried about being way to loud and I don't want an anoying drone.

I am stressing in this tread that I am keeping the stock H Pipe, and I know that makes a difference in the droning. I had a '95 gt with flowmasters that droned, but when my cats clogged and I went to a OR H the drone stopped completly.

Anyway, it sound to me like the maggies have a drone with the Borla's not having much, and the Steeda having even less or none.

I think many people don't even consider the Steeda, and thats why it doesn't get many votes.

I think I really just need to hear a couple of setups with the stock H in person, and have located 3 guys in my area that may be able to set me straight.

If I had to choose by what I have been reading on this thread and others, It would be between the Stinger, Bassani, and Steeda.

Anyone know hos the steeda sounds?

And, are the Bassani Tips angled like the stock ones or do they have a weird cut like is on their website, and a couple of pictures i have seen here. I read this has been changed by Bassani?
Johnsonl, I was going to go w/ a MRT catted H and Maggies, but was put off by the fitment issue w/ the MRT. I then purchased the Stinger from 21st Century exhaust for $527 inc. shipping. I can't begin to tell you how pleased I am w/ the Stinger, both sound, looks and performance wise. Go that way and you will not be disappointed.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Why isn't the Steeda getting more votes? Who makes it for them anyways? Everyone with them says their great.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
So the agreement is the Steeda is a quality material, fit and finish piece. Made my Borla. Has cool tips similar to stock, and sounds badass with almost no drone.

Thanks for all the help.

MikeW

Established Member
Originally posted by Blue Poison
I believe Borla makes the Steeda CB

Correct,
Borla makes Steeda's Catback and Magnaflow makes Steeda's xpipes.

tvguy

So the agreement is the Steeda is a quality material, fit and finish piece. Made my Borla. Has cool tips similar to stock, and sounds badass with almost no drone.

Thanks for all the help.

Seems that's the case if you search about the Steeda cat-back. Not sure why more owners don't reply to this. I think a lot of people dislike the Steeda price, as it's one of the highest priced cat-backs. But I've yet in all my research heard someone say they didn't like the Steeda cat-back. Be it sound or fit and finish, which is supposedly perfect. Otherunits have the same quality. of course. Again it goes back to personal taste sound wise. Do me a favor, buy the Steeda catback/CAI and let me know what you think!! Then I'll go from there on your opinion!! :)
pacotaco

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
I went with the Magna Flow CB simply because they are stainless steel, use mandrel bends, free flowing, basically no drone, and are affordable. I mean how much difference do you think there is in these exhaust systems when they all/most are using stainless steel and are the same diameter. Pipes are not a complicated mods, there are no moving parts involved. The difference will be in the sound and how the tips look. Did I mention the Maggy Mufflers are polished to where you can see your reflection, and the 3.5in no slash tips are meaty coming out the rear filling out the bumper cut-outs nicely. Just my opinion go with what you like, it's all better than stock.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
No bassani in here?? With my stock H the bassani sounds beyond badass. Fit and finish were excellent, I don't like the sound of maggies at all, but that is just me, go with bassani and you won't be disapointed.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
How are the tips cut on the Bassani, and why do they have to etch names in the tip? That etching crap is for the birds.

davidmax

Established Member
Check out our Borla Stingher BLOWOUT price you will be very surprised and the price includes all shipping and handling.You will also be buying from a supporting vendor that makes this site possible by paying the bills monthly.
Good Luck,Dave Smilovic 480-517-4969/[email protected]/or PM

Tommystang

Friggin' Ford Lover
Established Member
Originally posted by davidmax
Check out our Borla Stingher BLOWOUT price you will be very surprised and the price includes all shipping and handling.You will also be buying from a supporting vendor that makes this site possible by paying the bills monthly.
Good Luck,Dave Smilovic 480-517-4969/[email protected]/or PM
I have to admit that David has the best price right now. Too bad it was just after I had already ordered mine.
PS, I think that you have to call to get the special deal.

Last edited:

ALA G8R

Banned
Magnaflow catback alone does not drone. Add the Magnaflow x-pipe and it's drone city between 2k and 2500 rpm. The Bassani baffles significantly cut the drone with this combination. Can't beat Magnaflow prices either.

My $0.02.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread