Beautiful Viper GTS (picture)

Got Torque

well do yah?
Established Member
Chrysler cutting back Viper production in Detroit | The Detroit News

Bryce G. Hoffman
The Detroit News

A completed SRT Viper prepares to roll off the assembly line at Chrysler's Conner Avenue Assembly Plant in January. (Jerry S. Mendoza)

Chrysler Group LLC is cutting back production of its SRT Viper supercar in Detroit to “match output with seasonal demand.”

“Chrysler Group will be reducing production at its Conner Avenue Plant in order to align output with demand, effective Oct. 7,” spokeswoman Jodi Tinson said Thursday. “Once the plant reconfigures job assignments, impacted employees will be reassigned to area facilities.”

The company is cutting production of the hand-built sports cars from nine per day to six.

“We missed the traditional seasonal window on Viper,” Tinson said. “We are very pleased with demand. Dealers are ordering the vehicles. It just has to do with seasonality.”

Well he is correct, the Dealers are ordering the Viper as there is a 289 day supply currently at the Dealers.

Gizmo5

Established Member
Just got these pics from a photographer friend of mine

5poster_zps80a094bc.jpg

1poster_zpsb3f3fe35.jpg

2poster_zpseff84a4d.jpg

3poster_zpsddd177ec.jpg

4poster_zps17bef475.jpg

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
Nice man! What all is done to the ACR? Im gonna guess ROE SC or Paxton

cnc cylinder heads, camshaft, T&D roller rockers, Bellanger Tri-Y headers, random tech cats, corsa cat back and a 150 shot of nitrous via a wet kit. this combo has to be heard to believe. it sounds so good and does not have that typical UPS truck sound that most Vipers have. it sounds more like a built V-8 than any other combo that i have ever heard on a viper.

i put the front brakes on the rear and put SRT/10 brakes in the front. 2001 was the first year for ABS.

i geared the rear end down with 3.33 rear gears and have two different race transmissions for the car. a Transzilla and a G-Force. the Transzilla is geared down for short track road racing and the G-Force has stock gearing for open road racing. with the 3.33 rear gears and the Tranzilla trans the car will only do 190 mph in 6th gear at 6,000 rpm's....

the car dyno'd 514 rwhp without the spray and i hit a top speed of 198 mph on GPS in 5th gear with the G-Force trans and no spray. i don't runway race the car anymore and just use it for road racing. so that being the case i have all the power i need and don't use the spray anymore....

Last edited:

Gizmo5

Established Member
cylinder heads, camshaft, T&D roller rockers, Bellanger Tri-Y headers, random tech cats, corsa cat back and a 150 shot of nitrous via a wet kit. this combo has to be heard to believe. it sounds so good and does not have that typical UPS truck sound that most Vipers have. it sounds more like a built V-8 than any other combo that i have ever heard on a viper.

i put the front brakes on the rear and put SRT/10 brakes in the front. 2001 was the first year for ABS.

i geared the rear end down with 3.33 rear gears and have two different race transmissions for the car. a Transzilla and a G-Force. the Transzilla is geared down for short track road racing and the G-Force has stock gearing for open road racing. with the 3.33 rear gears and the Tranzilla trans the car will only do 190 mph in 6th gear at 6,000 rpm's....

the car dyno'd 514 rwhp without the spray and i hit a top speed of 198 mph on GPS in 5th gear with the G-Force trans and no spray. i don't runway race the car anymore and just use it for road racing. so that being the case i have all the power i need and don't use the spray anymore....

Nice. Ive gone back and forth on what gear i want. My 20's in the back make it a bit sluggish feeling with stock gears. I might go 3:55 or 3:73.

As for the Rockers, thats next for me. 1.7s wake the car up a good bit for sure, it just wants air and the V10 wakes up. Mine made 441/472 on a mustang dyno with simple bolt ons so i cant wait to get into the engine and actually let it make power.

Lemmiwinks

Established Member
Vipers are amazing looking cars.
Not my dream car but ****ing hell I would sacrifice my left nut AND my first born child for one.
But with that said, the sound of the V10 doesn't get me thrilled. I'm sorry to say that, but it just doesn't. But the car itself, holy shit!

Users who are viewing this thread