Beautiful Viper GTS (picture)

Rainmaker

2highPSI
Established Member
The viper was always built from the start to be a brutal, no if ands or buts racecar type toy. Is it odd getting in and out of? Sure. It's it warm on the side sills? Yup. Does it have exacting perfect laser fit and finish? Nope, it's hand built, by humans.

But, it is by the far the most fun I've ever had in a car. I smile my ass off every time I drive it. It's just fun! It's a enthusiasts car. No traction control, no drive by wire throttle, hell, I don't even have ABS lol. It's just you, a V10, 2 seats, and a LeMans noise screaming.

Trust me, buy one. People talk smack all day, say it's hard to drive etc. but the Viper holds the American production record for Nurburgring and the lap record for Laguna Seca. Period. Why? Because RACECAR lol.

People who dont enjoy them are pansies that complain about their moch****inchino being off. lol. People that enjoy them also enjoy things like jumping out of planes, shooting guns, racing, etc.

Rocket propelled chainsaw...

Yup, I love my GTS ACR. I hope to add a new one to the stable soon.

Gizmo5

Established Member
It's too bad new Viper sales are tanking, they want to sell around 2000 annually and have only sold 400-500 so far I read, not sure if they will have some enticing incentives come out and how long the production run will last if this is the case.

Personally I like them but can't justify paying the price they are asking, specially here in Canada, I would choose a few other cars over it.

Sales are hurting because of some internal things like the VCA, fiat buying dodge, etc.

Sof Top

boost junkie!
Established Member
google-image-result-for-http-cupofzup-com-wp-content-uploads-2012-04-mother-of-god-gif-09848b33-original.gif

This

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
I was seriously set on buying a '13 GT500 when I graduated, until this thread. I need a GTS, literally have a physical need for it.

AZSnake98

NVWSSV
Established Member
There's a guy on this site that has a white one. And its the sexiest car on the planet.

gts FTMFW

My94GT

Established Member
the few that ive heard with exhaust always sounded meh at best. that said, one day i would love to own one. really they are just a timeless look, and the new ones are stunning. not to mention they are just an all around performer, whats not to like.

JD03Cobra

Who's your Daddy!
Established Member
It's too bad new Viper sales are tanking, they want to sell around 2000 annually and have only sold 400-500 so far I read, not sure if they will have some enticing incentives come out and how long the production run will last if this is the case.

Chrysler cutting back Viper production in Detroit | The Detroit News

Bryce G. Hoffman
The Detroit News

A completed SRT Viper prepares to roll off the assembly line at Chrysler's Conner Avenue Assembly Plant in January. (Jerry S. Mendoza)

Chrysler Group LLC is cutting back production of its SRT Viper supercar in Detroit to “match output with seasonal demand.”

“Chrysler Group will be reducing production at its Conner Avenue Plant in order to align output with demand, effective Oct. 7,” spokeswoman Jodi Tinson said Thursday. “Once the plant reconfigures job assignments, impacted employees will be reassigned to area facilities.”

The company is cutting production of the hand-built sports cars from nine per day to six.

“We missed the traditional seasonal window on Viper,” Tinson said. “We are very pleased with demand. Dealers are ordering the vehicles. It just has to do with seasonality.”

Users who are viewing this thread