Be honest

Ryaneagle222

Established Member
I am at the point in my life that I could buy a gt500 I just bought my terminator and I love it but I was wondering if its worth it to own a gt500 I've never been in one

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
My honest opinion would be to go and drive one and see if you like it. My friend has an 08 and the car is extremely comfortable. I think its going to be a totally different feel than your current car and you might like it or you might not. Post back after you drive one.

JuStAkId

Just roll with it
Established Member
I have been in a 2012 gt500 and I must say the Terminator just has a raw feel to it where as the gt500 is comfortable and more refined type feel. Hope this helps a little

Ryaneagle222

Established Member
a guy that i went to school with just bought one so I'm going to drive it and see how It feels. I just got the 03 and i love it so im not going to sell it I just wanted to see if it was worth all the extra money. there is a black one for sale I have been looking at I have to say from the pics it's looks good !

Last edited:

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
2013 gt500 is very nice. Runs almost 200 mph in mile with basic bolt ons and tune.

Personally I would rather have a TT Boss 302 instead. JMO

Last edited:

Qwk GT

Established Member
its going to be different for everyone. I sold my 04 in my sig for a 07GT500. It wasn't for me. Not to say its not a good car, but not for me, I went back to an 03.

You'll have to test drive to be sure.

jcorlew24

Established Member
I know this may sound weird, but I have been rock bouncing and offroad racing since getting out of the mustang world. Everyone else was getting into higher horsepower bigger, wider, and longer chassis rigs. I always felt more confident in a smaller more compact rig. Everything else felt like I was driving a tank, more throttle, no control, and no feeling.

So back to the topic. I have owned 2 terminators in the past and just recently bought another. After selling my cobra's I bought an 08 roush. I sent it off and added lots of parts including a pro charger and other additions to bring up the power. I have to say that the new body felt heavy and really wide. It just didn't have the same feeling. Maybe I am just drunk but it made since to me. LOL

testorossa1989

Established Member
It really depends on your preferences. I see GT500s more as that car you have a warrenty with, dont worry about, cruise on the weekends and enjoy. A cobra i see has something you put a lot of work into and build and have fun wwith. Too each their own, i know plenty of GT500 owners that went back and plenty cobra guys that went up to them as well.

IA Shelby

Established Member
07-11 Gt500 are really heavy, no9t sure how the 12-14's are but there supose to be fast, drive any and see how you like it

The iron block is 07-10 not 11.

The 11 and 12 are identical except for the recaro option in 12.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Driving the GT500 is like driving a well refined BMW or something of that nature. It's completely different than the Cobra. I was actually very impressed. After you drive a GT500 and then get back in the Cobra, the Cobra feels so simplistic, raw and crude. Depends what you like. Some prefer the Cobra, some prefer the GT500.

Last edited:

w3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Established Member
Honestly the weight shouldnt be that big of a difference. Maybe 150 at most. The car will feel larger however and because it is more refined you wont necessarily feel the sheer power of the car. I have owned fox bodies to present and the S197 is my favorite platform so far. They are so simple to work on and you can honestly take 70% of the car apart with one arm since they all have those nuts that do not require to be held when tightening or loosening. May not be important to you but from someone who has done quite a bit of mods, it really comes in handy

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ryan, did you get to drive the GT-500 yet? Impressions (if you did)?

Users who are viewing this thread