Bdubbs TVS blower and Fore return system thread

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
UPDATE:

I got the blower in place! I man handled into place by myself, wasn't hard. Next is the fun intercooler manifold! Wish my camera took better pictures!

Here is a picture of the lower intake set in place. I ended up buying new motorcraft intake gaskets.
lower1_zps290d8fad.jpg

Next I used the air compressor one more time to make sure the intercooler was clean and dry. In the picture you can see I have the dowel pins in place, these were taken off of the eaton. Then laid down a bead of gasket maker. I used blue loc-tight. Torqued to 53in/lbs.
silicone_zpsf26d942e.jpg

Here is the intercooler mounted to the tvs blower. Crappy picture, but you get the idea.

lower6_zpsca8a1e99.jpg

Here I had to grind down some of the flange on the front passenger side blower bolt. Thanks Jason for this tip, went smooth!
grindbolt_zps677dfd54.jpg

Here's the tvs on, with blower bolts only snug for now. As I now have to get the intercooler manifold in place. More to come!

tvs5_zps97baa805.jpg

Last edited:

cj428mach

Established Member
Damn I want one of those TVS's. The Whipple is such a MOFO to remove and install in one piece by yourself. Between the weight, awkwardness, reach and the crap that it hangs up on its something I just dread.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Hey guys, little update again. Pretty much just have to run vacuum lines, finish TB & intake, change out spark plugs, fill up intercooler fluid, ect.

Here's the tubes being put back into place and torqued down.
tubeinstall_zps6221cf92.jpg

tubes2_zps4a83913e.jpg

Here's everything torqued down! This has actually been kind of fun thus far!
bloweron_zpsf7f63fc4.jpg

blowerdone2_zps637db8fa.jpg

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
^^^ Looking GREAT!! :beer: .... Keep it up!

Thanks Tim! I think I'm pretty much done for the day. Figure tomorrow I'll do the vac lines and spark plugs. I can't hook up my intake yet because I'm waiting for the silicone coupler that goes from intake to TB. It's been fun so far!

ajt9229

Established Member
Let me know when you're done and can come to Michigan and do mine of course when I buy mine? lol

Looks Good!!!

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Let me know when you're done and can come to Michigan and do mine of course when I buy mine? lol

Looks Good!!!

LOL, I actually wouldn't mind helping people out installing theres. I've read the "how to" thread on removing and installing blower so many times when it came time to do it I never really looked at it! Basically used it just for torque specs.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Looking good so far!! I can tell you are taking your time and making sure everything is perfect from your pics. Great job on keeping that engine bay so clean, looks immaculate.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Lookin good! Aren't you glade you did it yourself? It feels good and you learn stuff at the same time.
Yes I am! It's a great feeling indeed.

Looking good so far!! I can tell you are taking your time and making sure everything is perfect from your pics. Great job on keeping that engine bay so clean, looks immaculate.
Thanks, yup I'm taking it nice and slow. Thanks for the kind words, I like a clean engine bay and interior!

TRBO VNM

So why do you have to grind down bolts?

It is only the front passenger. The flange on the head of the bolt hits the tvs casing so it won't drop all the way down. So grind down the flange a little and it will drop. That is the only bolt that needs modifying

Or if you get socket head bolts I think they should clear since they don't have the flange.

SlowSVT

Established Member

Look at that nasty heater core return line just sitting there snubbing it's nose at you :bored:

I would put pup out of a job and route that line to the crossover outlet :p

The great thing about the TVS is now 1st, 2nd and 3rd will be useless but in a fun way :banana:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
LOL well it would be nice to get traction at least in 3rd gear!

svtshadow

Banned
Just did my clutch myself for the first time and it felt awesome doing it myself.

OP giving me motivation to install TVS myself.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Just did my clutch myself for the first time and it felt awesome doing it myself.

OP giving me motivation to install TVS myself.

I've never done a clutch before. If you can do that, you can do a blower swap!

TRQJUNKIE

Justa Slobra
Established Member
Working on these cars is not hard, it's just time consuming. That's especially true if you go into detail cleaning everything and getting things powder coated. Then that turns into replacing all the seen hardware with nice pretty stainless stuff. I'm just anal I guess hahah

Users who are viewing this thread