Bdubbs TVS blower and Fore return system thread

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I know some have messaged me to possibly start a "build thread" so I thought I would, knowing I'll have a lot of questions along the way! I'm just getting started on the smaller things, not sure how much I'll get done today. But Friday I have all day to work on it! Here's how the engine bay looks as of now.
IMAG0051_zps00e69313.jpg

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Congrats bet your excited keep us updated, if you get time can I get a pic of the SVT cam covers? Still trying to decide between those and Powered by Ford ones havent seen SVT ones on a terminator not meaning to jack your thread either.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Shoot me a text if you need any pics. I am normally home after 4 pm but I will be off on Friday so call or text anytime. Three18Three93Zero629.

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks guys! I got a little done, time to eat lunch! Here's those coil covers upon request, I painted them myself.

progress1_zps238f362f.jpg

004_zpsbdd81644.jpg

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Well got farther than I expected today. Not sure how much more I'll get done. Wasn't bad at all!

blowerprogress2_zps31093ca0.jpg

bloweroff16_zps15693ad4.jpg

jblood37

Established Member
It really is not that bad. If you have a couple solid days to work on it you can get it done. I'm just having to find an hour here, or a couple there to do mine. Keep the pics up! I'm interested to see your hose routing for sure. Jason helping you with it?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks guys! I worked on cleaning the intercooler and intake. Man that intercooler is filthy! I did get all the intercooler bolts out without breaking any. Heat on them bolts do wonders! Hoping by tomorrow or Friday I can have it completed. And it really was an easy job thus far.

I pulled the blower off by myself, pretty light lol. Not sure about putting the new one on though we shall see.

Yup Jason gave schooled me on routing the lines. I've pretty much got that all figured out.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Well got farther than I expected today. Not sure how much more I'll get done. Wasn't bad at all!

blowerprogress2_zps31093ca0.jpg

bloweroff16_zps15693ad4.jpg

Thanks for the pics I like these as well decisions decisions these are a lot easier on the wallet then the powered by ford hmmm. Nice progress you definately got a lot done keep up the good work.

TRBO VNM

Looks like you are following direction pretty well. :) LOL

Putting the TVS on yourself is easy man. Just put the lower in first and set it on the gaskets and then put the TVS in. It isn't bad at all. There are a few things I do to make that easier/process so you don't do double work.

Hit me up tomorrow and I can go over a few things. You can call, if I don't answer, leave a message and I will call back shortly. Not sure if you have a way to shave down the flange of the stock bolts, but one needs to be shaved or ground down. Another would help with the bypass valve location but I usually only do one for the front passenger side. Although, if you have an american hardware or ace you can get socket head bolts or cap screws they call them instead of using the factory bolts. Then you shouldn't have to shave anything down.

gnatsumarboc03

Established Member
Lol yup! I didn't plan on installing it myself either!

The install is fairly easy, the only PITA was when I had to get the bolts, and the intercooler passage way thingy off( (With the two little tubes that go through the intercooler housing). That crap made me want to scream.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Looks like you are following direction pretty well. :) LOL

Putting the TVS on yourself is easy man. Just put the lower in first and set it on the gaskets and then put the TVS in. It isn't bad at all. There are a few things I do to make that easier/process so you don't do double work.

Hit me up tomorrow and I can go over a few things. You can call, if I don't answer, leave a message and I will call back shortly. Not sure if you have a way to shave down the flange of the stock bolts, but one needs to be shaved or ground down. Another would help with the bypass valve location but I usually only do one for the front passenger side. Although, if you have an american hardware or ace you can get socket head bolts or cap screws they call them instead of using the factory bolts. Then you shouldn't have to shave anything down.

Thanks, Yeah I can call you tomorrow. Not sure if the tvs will get on tomorrow. But I didn't exactly plan on pulling the eaton off today either! I do have a bench grinder, so I should be able to grind down the flange on that bolt. I got those dowel pins out too, very easy.

Users who are viewing this thread