Bdubbs TVS blower and Fore return system thread

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
That must be why everyone tells me once i go to E85 ill never want to go back.
Yup, I sure don't want to!

Badass. I'm sure he'll tweak the tune once you get the summer blends in the area. But I'm sure even with the E70 tune its still 95%+ of the performance. Its amazing how much faster it will rip thru the rev band versus the lower boost gas tune lol

leo-toast-9.w529.h352.gif

Yeah I'm sure he will. I'm hoping I'll get my hands on e85 sometime this month. Car pulls hard right now! I can't wait to try a 2ND gear roll!

cj428mach

Established Member
Yeah I'm sure he will. I'm hoping I'll get my hands on e85 sometime this month. Car pulls hard right now! I can't wait to try a 2ND gear roll!

So when is the 2.5" going on lol? You know you're going to want to try it lol.

cj428mach

Established Member
Haha, thanks a lot! Really though, what's 1 psi add for hp?

More HP than you have now! lol. For some reason my car always gained close to 2 psi when going to the 2.5" which mathematically it doesn't make sense.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
More HP than you have now! lol. For some reason my car always gained close to 2 psi when going to the 2.5" which mathematically it doesn't make sense.

Lol. If this 2.6 isn't eating belts left and right I may not want to put the 2.8 back on. I'm curious to know the hp difference from 19 to 21 psi with timing being the same. Maybe 15-20hp?

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member

you probably won't have much 2nd gear, it should light up almost immediately unless you throttle it. At least that's how mine is with 305/35 r888s. The only time they even try to grab 2nd is when it's summer heat. You'll be doing more 3rd gear rolls now lol

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
you probably won't have much 2nd gear, it should light up almost immediately unless you throttle it. At least that's how mine is with 305/35 r888s. The only time they even try to grab 2nd is when it's summer heat. You'll be doing more 3rd gear rolls now lol

Damn really? If temps are at least 60's I had no problems at 19 psi lol.

cj428mach

Established Member
Damn really? If temps are at least 60's I had no problems at 19 psi lol.

Usually in the 60's my car wastes the tires in 2nd, I'm running a 315/35/17. I was actually going to pm c6zhombre and ask what he does for tires but it doesn't sound like its better than what I have.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Usually in the 60's my car wastes the tires in 2nd, I'm running a 315/35/17. I was actually going to pm c6zhombre and ask what he does for tires but it doesn't sound like its better than what I have.

What tire are you running?

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
The tire situation is a real conundrum....there's not an easy answer. More traction would be great...but then in the back of my mind I lke the "fail safe" of the tires just breaking loose versus breaking driveline parts. Not to mention I like the look of my ccw 18s a lot and there's not a better choice than the 26" 305/35 r888s to run on those IMO. A nice weld drag pack would fit the looks and traction bill...but then you're back to breaking shit lol, and street racing or drag racing is way down my priority list. Trust me, you will have plenty of fun learning to throttle the go pedal as you explore the new power band. :rolling:

cj428mach

Established Member
What tire are you running?

Sorry, I meant to include that, I'm running a Nitto 555R Drag Radial. I like the 555R DR because with the tread pattern it almost looks like it could pass for a street tire, plus it matches my nitto tires in the front.

My buddy has a set of Mickeys on his replica wheels that he put on his TS cobra on e85, he says that the car doesn't spin at all. If its true I may have to give them a shot, but I swear there are a ton of people with high HP cars that swear they get no spinning. I need to find out what they run.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
The tire situation is a real conundrum....there's not an easy answer. More traction would be great...but then in the back of my mind I lke the "fail safe" of the tires just breaking loose versus breaking driveline parts. Not to mention I like the look of my ccw 18s a lot and there's not a better choice than the 26" 305/35 r888s to run on those IMO. A nice weld drag pack would fit the looks and traction bill...but then you're back to breaking shit lol, and street racing or drag racing is way down my priority list. Trust me, you will have plenty of fun learning to throttle the go pedal as you explore the new power band. :rolling:
I agree, I like the 305/35/18 and I too don't want broken parts. I already have fun peddling it in 1st gear lol and occasionally 2ND.

Sorry, I meant to include that, I'm running a Nitto 555R Drag Radial. I like the 555R DR because with the tread pattern it almost looks like it could pass for a street tire, plus it matches my nitto tires in the front.

My buddy has a set of Mickeys on his replica wheels that he put on his TS cobra on e85, he says that the car doesn't spin at all. If its true I may have to give them a shot, but I swear there are a ton of people with high HP cars that swear they get no spinning. I need to find out what they run.
I've heard that as well with m/t. I personally hate the 555r, didn't work well for me making 455 rwhp.

R3dfireCobra

Established Member
After rereading this entire thread I think I may be rethinking my fuel system a little. Deadhead in the fender and upgrade my feed line to a -8. I am happy to know you are using stock rails and e85 as my fuel setup is real close to yours. Man this thing never ends!

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
After rereading this entire thread I think I may be rethinking my fuel system a little. Deadhead in the fender and upgrade my feed line to a -8. I am happy to know you are using stock rails and e85 as my fuel setup is real close to yours. Man this thing never ends!

Good choice, I should have done it this way the first time. Nope it never ends!

R3dfireCobra

Established Member
Good choice, I should have done it this way the first time. Nope it never ends!

Which regulator are you running? Looks like a Fore from the pics? My LP budget regulator wont cut it if I go deadhead (2 port). Looks like Ill need a new reg, feed line, and adaptor to stock rails. My pumps and injectors are good (walbro 465s and id 1000s). Anything else I may be missing?

cj428mach

Established Member
Your current regulator should work (should be 3 port as I don't believe a 2 port is possible). You have supply going in one port, the other going to the rail, then the return line out the bottom.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Which regulator are you running? Looks like a Fore from the pics? My LP budget regulator wont cut it if I go deadhead (2 port). Looks like Ill need a new reg, feed line, and adaptor to stock rails. My pumps and injectors are good (walbro 465s and id 1000s). Anything else I may be missing?

Yeah what cj said, I have the fore f1 I believe.

R3dfireCobra

Established Member
Your current regulator should work (should be 3 port as I don't believe a 2 port is possible). You have supply going in one port, the other going to the rail, then the return line out the bottom.

Yeah what cj said, I have the fore f1 I believe.

I called lethal earlier today and asked if this would work with a deadhead setup, the girl I spoke with said no it wouldn't. I was under the assumption it would, just change to the right AN fittings and add lines to the open ports as you have suggested.

Here is the regulator I have, its standard in the lethal budget kit. By the looks of it she has to be mistaken right :shrug:

MP-9925-B uses 2 X #8 AN, 1 X #6 AN return ports.

DivisionX 2 Port EFI 1:1 Boost Reference Fuel Pressure Regulator
http://www.lethalperformance.com/sh...sionx-2-port-efi-fuel-pressure-regulator.html

cj428mach

Established Member
I called lethal earlier today and asked if this would work with a deadhead setup, the girl I spoke with said no it wouldn't. I was under the assumption it would, just change to the right AN fittings and add lines to the open ports as you have suggested.

Here is the regulator I have, its standard in the lethal budget kit. By the looks of it she has to be mistaken right :shrug:

MP-9925-B uses 2 X #8 AN, 1 X #6 AN return ports.

DivisionX 2 Port EFI 1:1 Boost Reference Fuel Pressure Regulator
http://www.lethalperformance.com/sh...sionx-2-port-efi-fuel-pressure-regulator.html

Definitely would work in dead head. If you do feel the need to upgrade/change go with a Fore regulator. They have much larger valves inside so they can change pressure quicker which means a more stable fuel pressure.

Users who are viewing this thread