Bdubbs TVS blower and Fore return system thread

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Is that all that it put out? I thought these blowers were making big power! How much boost are you running?

Yes and that seems to be the norm from others. No LT headers, no lower pulley just a upper. Peaked boost was 17.8 psi. Keep in mind I had some belt slip (look at graph) not sure how much more it would have made? Maybe the dyno jet I use reads lower? It's in the ball park of all the 2.3 whipples on the same dyno running the same boost.

EDIT: For this reason I take dyno numbers as just that. Numbers. I see all over the internet guys making 600+rwhp easily with just a upper pulley on a twinscrew, 91 octane, and stock manifolds. Makes me wonder.

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
UPDATE:

I thought I'd update my thread for those that might stumble across it. For those that don't know, I ended up going with a different tuner (04sleeper) and e85. I don't have any dyno numbers with his tune, but the car drives great!

I'm now in the process of upgrading fuel pumps once again, running a bigger feed line, and dead head. Time to start running some lines to the regulator, lastly thing will be fuel pumps. Here's some pictures of my progress.

No more regulator in engine bay

IMAG0535_zpsqpxcog3l.jpg

Will be using stock rails, here is the adapter.
IMAG0537_zpsol6wam9p.jpg

Fuel filter mounted
IMAG0547_zpsepxpu7ol.jpg

Mounted reg in fender, got this idea from Malcolm.
IMAG0553_zpshssb9z71.jpg

IMAG0557_zpsxkymwtru.jpg

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Need to run vacuum line yet, I ran out. For those that don't know, I already had the return line on the drivers side. I left that and continued the return line behind the engine and to the regulator.
IMAG0574_zps8tpcg2yu.jpg

IMAG0569_zpsiimjbrhe.jpg

IMAG0579_zpsfnsonohm.jpg

Last edited:

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Looks good. Excuse the dumb question but what's a dead head set up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Its hard to believe its been 2 years since you first started this thread. Your engine bay has come along way since 14. Keep at it!!

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Looks good. Excuse the dumb question but what's a dead head set up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, dead head is mounting regulator before the fuel rails.
Its hard to believe its been 2 years since you first started this thread. Your engine bay has come along way since 14. Keep at it!!

I was thinking the same thing. It's taken some time to get it where I want it. Car has been running awesome that's why I've been putting this on hold for so long.

Last edited:

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Thanks, dead head is mounting regulator before the fuel rails.

I was thinking the same thing. It's taken some time to get it where I want it. Car has been running awesome that's why I've been putting this on hold for so long.

Ok. What is the advantage to this sorry just wondering.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member

Less fuel heat is my understanding. I needed to get the regulator off of the fuel rail too if I want to safely add more boost. The frps port hole is to small.

Rambro

Established Member
I just did the same upgrade from the budget kit. And I also have a promotion clutch and the recipt says 575 hp, hope it survives the whipple untill next year. Have you decided what type of vacuum line you're going to use? I got some small inside diameter silicone line from frozenboost, I think it's the 4 or 6 mm line.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I just did the same upgrade from the budget kit. And I also have a promotion clutch and the recipt says 575 hp, hope it survives the whipple untill next year. Have you decided what type of vacuum line you're going to use? I got some small inside diameter silicone line from frozenboost, I think it's the 4 or 6 mm line.

I'm running 3mm silicone hose. I recently changed all my vacuum lines to that and it's been fine. I'm running a fore innovation vacuum block.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Got the new fuel hat in place, just need to solder a couple wires and run the feed line up to the filter. I'll update with pictures soon.

IMAG0637_zpsc2ajl0yk.jpg

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

The level 1 kit mounts the regulator to the rail. Going to the 1E kit it puts the regulator pre rails since you still use the stock rails with the 1E fuel kit. E meaning ethanol. Frankly we don't have a nice location to mount the regulator in the engine bay when doing pre rails, so the fender makes sense. If fuel is kept cooler it is an added bonus. I have a car we just did something similar for a 2.9 crusher I am going to do some heat testing on. I have had no issues mounting regulators in the engine bay and that is how it has been done since before we were born. I do agree though, if you can keep the fuel cooler that is a good thing. I am curious to see what my results are.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
The level 1 kit mounts the regulator to the rail. Going to the 1E kit it puts the regulator pre rails since you still use the stock rails with the 1E fuel kit. E meaning ethanol. Frankly we don't have a nice location to mount the regulator in the engine bay when doing pre rails, so the fender makes sense. If fuel is kept cooler it is an added bonus. I have a car we just did something similar for a 2.9 crusher I am going to do some heat testing on. I have had no issues mounting regulators in the engine bay and that is how it has been done since before we were born. I do agree though, if you can keep the fuel cooler that is a good thing. I am curious to see what my results are.

Thanks for the info please post results.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Agree Jason in for results. I'm getting closer here, hopefully by Friday I can have it completed, test it out.

TRBO VNM

The one I am finishing up has it mounted under where the stock filter box is. I used the Fore bracket and just rebent it. Ill try getting some pics tonight.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Got everything installed. Can someone verify if the aem 320e pumps are very quiet? The previous gss342 pumps I had in were super loud. Fuel pressure is where it should be, haven't started it yet.

cj428mach

Established Member
Got everything installed. Can someone verify if the aem 320e pumps are very quiet? The previous gss342 pumps I had in were super loud. Fuel pressure is where it should be, haven't started it yet.

They are pretty quiet but I can hear them from inside the car if I listen.

If you have pressure you're good to go. I'll be interested to hear if you need a retune.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
They are pretty quiet but I can hear them from inside the car if I listen.

If you have pressure you're good to go. I'll be interested to hear if you need a retune.

Cool, I can slightly hear it, but my regulator seems pretty loud in the fender. I can hear that while in the car. I'll be starting it today.

Users who are viewing this thread