Bay Area shops that have installed SFCs on a newer mustang

jmir018

GOT SVT?
Established Member
I would also try rearend specialties in Santa clara.
They do great workd also.

mf150

Psi Chi
Established Member
jmir018 said:
I would also try rearend specialties in Santa clara.
They do great workd also.

I actually researched them, and at the time, they charged too much for a complete rear end overhaul. I'm sure they do good work, but they are a bit pricey.

SFMach1

EAT ME!
Established Member
mf150 said:
I actually researched them, and at the time, they charged too much for a complete rear end overhaul. I'm sure they do good work, but they are a bit pricey.

If you guys know of more places to go, let us all know. :rockon: I'm sure it will be a big help to all.

jmir018

GOT SVT?
Established Member
mf150 said:

That is true. i guess you could find better "deals" out there.. but , personally, i rather pay an extra 50-100 bucks or so and take it somewhere who has a bulletproof warranty like they do, specialy on gears, as opposed to taking it to this other bigger chain of shops where who knows who'll be working on your car and his experience and whatnot.

Plus customer service, i rather pay more to a shop that has an impeccable reputation and treats me right...than to ones that i'm always hearing horror stories about, but that' just me.:beer:

SFMach1

EAT ME!
Established Member
jmir018 said:
That is true. i guess you could find better "deals" out there.. but , personally, i rather pay an extra 50-100 bucks or so and take it somewhere who has a bulletproof warranty like they do, specialy on gears, as opposed to taking it to this other bigger chain of shops where who knows who'll be working on your car and his experience and whatnot.

Plus customer service, i rather pay more to a shop that has an impeccable reputation and treats me right...than to ones that i'm always hearing horror stories about, but that' just me.:beer:

Do you have a link to their shop? or phone #... also did YOU get any work done there?

:beer:

mf150

Psi Chi
Established Member
jmir018 said:

Honestly why pay $300-500 (NOT $50-100) more when you get a MACHINIST installing your rear end versus a general grease monkey? Like I said, a major Ford dealership in San Francisco uses them for their drivetrain and tranny work. In fact, your place was more expensive than my Ford dealership.

I stayed with Adolfo the whole time while he overhauled my rear, and he did a very thorough job. Like I said, he has never had one come back for issues, and he has done literally hundereds or Ford 8.8 and Dana rears.

BTW, my guys have a warranty on all their work, too. They stand behind it and are quite nice guys...like I said, I stayed in teh shop with his the whole time asking questions.

If the city of San Francisco and San Mateo county trusts them with their emergency vehicles, why shouldn't you?

I think you should research them and actaully check out their shop before you dog them. :dowhat?:

Last edited:

jmir018

GOT SVT?
Established Member
mf150 said:
Honestly why pay $300-500 (NOT $50-100) more when you get a MACHINIST installing your rear end versus a general grease monkey? Like I said, a major Ford dealership in San Francisco uses them for their drivetrain and tranny work. In fact, your place was more expensive than my Ford dealership.

I stayed with Adolfo the whole time while he overhauled my rear, and he did a very thorough job. Like I said, he has never had one come back for issues, and he has done literally hundereds or Ford 8.8 and Dana rears.

BTW, my guys have a warranty on all their work, too. They stand behind it and are quite nice guys...like I said, I stayed in teh shop with his the whole time asking questions.

If the city of San Francisco and San Mateo county trusts them with their emergency vehicles, why shouldn't you?

I think you should research them and actaully check out their shop before you dog them. :dowhat?:

OMG.. this is just too funny. not your opinion.. but, as soon as i read your statement i went straight from the conclusion to the assumptions and premises and found logic flaws on your reasoning.
Scary, i no longer read for content but for flaws...... everything i see and read lately has been getting analyzed by my brain because of the darn Lsat exam..
I'm ruined for life.:bash:

just a quick something... since i don't want to get into it... i never "dogged" any company, i just stated my preferences.;-)
Why would you call them "grease monkeys".. i mean, you have to be talking about them.. .. otherwise that just violates the first premise of my original thought which stated that i would not "mind paying more money for knowledgeable staff and top of the line customer service" never said i would pay more money to "any" grease monkey out there. Calling them "grease monkeys" becuase they charged more than the place you go to doesn't make sense. Now, i had a friend who went to a shop just down the street from them an was quoted around 500 dollars to install a guage, a fuel pressure gauge... now, those are "grease monkeys"

BTW, the city of san mateo has their own mechanics that take care of their vehicles. let's just say i know this because i spent a little time with them.

Last edited:

03 Cobra

Established Member
DnB said:
What was Larry's suggestion. I got my SFC welded on by Maier Racing in Hayward today.

Dave

That is where i got mine welded as well. had them order some MM full length subframe connetors and they did an aswesome job. Maier Racing in Hayward:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread