Bay Area shops that have installed SFCs on a newer mustang

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
nitestalker1982 said:
does lupe do do suspension? I need to have my springs, shocks & struts, and c/c plates installed... I'll call him up to see if he does, I hear too many good things about him.

Yes he does. :thumbsup:

mf150

Psi Chi
Established Member
LIGHTNING LARRY said:
He does. :beer: He's done 2 sets for me.

Yeah, I am going to pick up some JBA titanuim ceramic coated stainless headers for a cheap price (over 1/2 off). I just talked to Lupe and his install price is amazing.

mf150

Psi Chi
Established Member
nitestalker1982 said:
does lupe do do suspension? I need to have my springs, shocks & struts, and c/c plates installed... I'll call him up to see if he does, I hear too many good things about him.

he is really good at suspesnions...you should see one of his cobras...this guy has a watts link suspension with full coil overs... :lol:

mf150

Psi Chi
Established Member
Going Down to Lupe's in a week or two...waiting to replace my Borla Stingers with Magnapacks.

Lowered stang + Borla Stingers = worn spot on my axle tube...paid too much $ to have that happen, so Lupe said he would repair and refinish my axle tube while switching cat. backs....what a dude!

mf150

Psi Chi
Established Member
LIGHTNING LARRY said:
You'll be happy with his work. :beer:

This is such a true statement.
BTW, I will most likely be down at Lupe's on Thursday to have my new cat back installed as well as some repairs to my axle tube.

cobraracer46

Banned
I just welded in a Griggs Racing
in car frame kit and roll bar my
self in my garage. It's a good
thing I had to repair all those
cracked crown Victoria cop car
frames for Ford a while back!
li16.jpg

You can read my complete
write up over at the new
edge cobra forums under
the thread titled: "griggs
racing in car frame kit and
roll bar is in"

Last edited:

TPSMak

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
mf150 said:
interesting...seems like a pita of a job...

It is a VERY labor intensive job because you have to remove the interior. BUT it is by far the BEST subframe system you can get for a Mustang. Nothing.. I mean NOTHING compares to the chassis stiffening you will experience with the Griggs in the floor. It will make the best full-lengths you have ever seen look like a wet noodle. The parts are not expensive... about $300 but there is alot of labor. Verts are much easier to install them in than coupes. We've done about 5 of them the last year and NO ONE has ever complained about them. In fact, I drove a customers vert down to Buttonwillow and it was amazing how much quiter the car got with the Griggs subframes.

mf150

Psi Chi
Established Member
apexmotorsports said:
It is a VERY labor intensive job because you have to remove the interior. BUT it is by far the BEST subframe system you can get for a Mustang. Nothing.. I mean NOTHING compares to the chassis stiffening you will experience with the Griggs in the floor. It will make the best full-lengths you have ever seen look like a wet noodle. The parts are not expensive... about $300 but there is alot of labor. Verts are much easier to install them in than coupes. We've done about 5 of them the last year and NO ONE has ever complained about them. In fact, I drove a customers vert down to Buttonwillow and it was amazing how much quiter the car got with the Griggs subframes.

Interesting to know. How many hours, on average, does it take to install the Griggs in-floor system? How much does the system weigh compared to MM's or Steeda's FL SFCs?

TPSMak

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
mf150 said:
Interesting to know. How many hours, on average, does it take to install the Griggs in-floor system? How much does the system weigh compared to MM's or Steeda's FL SFCs?

It takes about 8 hours to do the install. And they weigh about 50% more BUT the benefits FAR OUT WEIGH the weight gain.

cobraracer46

Banned
li7.jpg
Just like APEX said, the job is very labor intensive. As the pick shows,
I had to remove the entire interior, cut out a section of the floor pan, remove some of the tar sound deadener and perform extensive welding and on top of that, I had to take apart the power drivers seat track and modify it by cutting, relocating and welding it back together so it would clear the upper sub frame. At the same time, I figured it would be a good idea to weld in a roll bar since all the interior was out.
li25.gif

mf150

Psi Chi
Established Member
Be down at Lupe's by 8 am Sat morn...plus some mustangworld.com and SVTP will be down there too.

mf150

Psi Chi
Established Member
99cruisin said:
This is great to know. I live about 2 miles from his shop if it's the one I'm thinking of. There's a lot of us Cobra owners in the Bay Area I didn't know about.

yeah, his shop is actually a mustang shop in disguise...really good guy.

SFMach1

EAT ME!
Established Member
great to see this post, I need to save this info for future work. You guys know of any good shops in the bay area that do rear ends? Will Lupe do this kind of work aswell?

mf150

Psi Chi
Established Member
SFMach1 said:
great to see this post, I need to save this info for future work. You guys know of any good shops in the bay area that do rear ends? Will Lupe do this kind of work aswell?

Lupe doesn't do rear ends...I had mine built by adolfo...a machinist at: Bayshore Truck Equipment Co. in South San Francisco.

They work on bus, dumptruck, and firetruck trannies and rear ends all day, and have a full machine shop and driveshaft fabrication unit on site.

Few people know that they actually have a lift on site.

Adolfo has done many Ford 8.8" rears, and is excellent. Never had one come back for issues. I had my rear end torn down and rebuilt...excellent work and he really took his time to get the backlash and pinion preset right...

If you are interested, talk to Ted Whitehead and tell him that Matt with the silver mustang told ya about them...he'll hook it up.

I can't say enough about these guys...

Phone number: 650-871-9193

or www.bayshoretruck.com

A local SF Ford dealership actually uses them for special cases...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread