Battery Tender winter storage....

JuStAkId

Just roll with it
Established Member
Yep. Cheap investment and keeps the battery in tip top shape.
I as well just have a generic 2 amp Battery Maintainer / Charger

Last edited:

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
Yes. I have an actual Battery Tender Plus, got it on a screamin deal from Amazon. I have found the cigarette lighter adapter to be very useful and helpful versus attaching directly to the battery.

wreckit

Established Member
most certainly do. Have a battery tender for the corvette year around.
Hardly ever drive it. Battery did die once, reason for that was the wall outlet in the garage went out where it was plugged into.
Had no idea until i try to turn the car on lol.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
I use one on my Firebird year round. It sometimes sits for several weeks, so I hook it up each time I put it back after a drive.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Don't even question whether or not you should do it when storing your '03 Cobra. It's one of those no-brainer winter storage necessities. :)

einehund

Established Member
Yep. Have the battery tender plus hooked up to the shelby right now. I used it all last winter as well. Awesome peace of mind knowing when spring rolls around that I won't have to shell out $130 for a battery or worry about if the tune in the PCM corrupted or anything.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I always pull the battery from the car, then put it on a tender.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
I use one on my Cobra and my riding mower year round. I picked up one from Walmart, I think its a Schumacher brand and the other is a Die Hard I picked up from Sears. They are both basic tenders, one is 1.5 amps and the other is 2. Both were between 20 and 30 bucks iirc.

BME

KING
Established Member
N00b question here, but I'm getting ready to store my car for the first time ever over winter due to relocation and don't have my own garage since I'm in an apartment. Can you just the pull the battery out and bring it with me every two weeks when I go to start the car? I'm worried that the storage unit won't have wall outlets (is that dumb, or is that standard?).

Users who are viewing this thread