Batman V Superman Unrated = MUCH Better

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Finally was able to see the Unrated version. All I can say is why wasn't this released instead? Movie actually made a hell of a lot more sense. Unfortunately it didn't fix all the major issues (Emo Superman, Batman the killer, etc). It is though more enjoyable and doesn't feel all over the place.

Not everyone will still like for said reasons but a 2nd try wouldn't hurt. Might change your mind for what DC has in store. I do blame WB for not going with this release. Also, the rated R aspect is barely R. It does have blood and show some "Battocks".

Overall, WB could've probably made the billion with this version.

MysticRob

Established Member
How'd you score that version? I haven't seen the first version yet so kinda want to wait to see the unrated version now that you've said this.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
It's supposed to be coming out on DVD soon with that version. It might be online already though.

dannydarko11

Yeah...no, I know
Established Member
I agree with OP

I don't want to get into details for those who haven't seen it.

For those who have (PG-13), instead of feeling a frame by frame/clip by clip kind of jumbled together film

The small extra scenes, blend the movie together a lot better.

I honestly wasn't sure if i was watching the Rated R version until I saw a few scenes i knew wouldn't be PG-13 (like mentioned in the OP and the F bomb)

Although it made it better, IMO it didn't make it GREAT (casting Gal Gadot as WW and this Lex Luther is.. meh) I still love the movie though

I will be watching it a 4th time (2 times PG-13 and 1 time R) this weekend.

But I enjoyed it. I think if you have seen the PG-13 version give it another shot at R. IMO

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Watching now. Pubfilm.com has it up streaming. If you have a PS4 it will play it on the web browser.

Rainmaker

2highPSI
Established Member
I never saw the theatrical release, but just today I saw the full length, 'ultimate' edition (3 hours long).

This movie is so incredibly good, I am just blown away.

I've never even seen a movie like that before. The CGI, Doomsday, etc, just mind-blowing.

***Spoilers Below***

The scene where Clark talks with his father on the mountain, and the scene where Batman decides at the last moment not to spear Superman with the Kryptonite (the "Martha" scene), have got to be two of the most powerful scenes Ive ever seen in a movie. I just watched Civil War for the first time a few days ago and it has nothing on this new BvS movie.

I am glad I never saw the shortened theatrical release.

I've never been a comic book guy, but I get it now. I started gaining interest when the first big Marvel movies starting coming out, but this Batman vs. Superman, it's on a whole 'nother level in my opinion.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
How did you see the Ultimate Edition? I thought it isn't being released until July 19. Is this the Edition that has all the extras, like.....
- Accelerating Design: The New Batmobile
- Superman: Complexity & Truth
- Batman: Austerity & Rage
- Wonder Woman: Grace & Power
- Batcave: Legacy of The Lair

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
The one I watched had some added scenes but it sure wasn't 3hrs long and didn't change too much of the movie.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
How did you see the Ultimate Edition? I thought it isn't being released until July 19. Is this the Edition that has all the extras, like.....
- Accelerating Design: The New Batmobile
- Superman: Complexity & Truth
- Batman: Austerity & Rage
- Wonder Woman: Grace & Power
- Batcave: Legacy of The Lair
That's the one. Movie has been released on digital HD.
The one I watched had some added scenes but it sure wasn't 3hrs long and didn't change too much of the movie.
It clocked in around 3:06 with credits so close to 3hrs of actual film.

It didn't change the main points of the film obviously but fixed the biggest problem with the film, being disjointed. Felt like a ton of different films put together in one. This one smooth everything out and put the majority missing puzzles.

The beginning itself made sense as to why Superman was accused and how they put the blame on him. Also showed the US involment and why they were involved.

Clark did some actual reporting and had more scenes/dialogue. The mountain scene didn't feel out of place either and for him showing up during the chase of Batman out of nowhere had a reason to it.

Batman as well. It showed Lex's plan played out a lot better and how it involved the two heroes.

Some extra fight scenes didn't hurt and the funeral was made better. Sure it still has its problems but story and pacing aren't as big anymore vs the theatrical version. The theatrical version should have never existed.

Users who are viewing this thread