Bathroom Shower Re-tile Prices

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
If you are doing a recessed shampoo holder, I recommend a preformed stainless steel that will not leak and is presloped.
261cb985ced16a1ebacbb2a32b639e7b.jpg
96bacd7dcbf3fc7fe46a2d4af3d9b1c8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Four Door SVT

Established Member
We use weedi board for the 5600 price, the drain should be replaced you can’t (or don’t want to) go over the top of what’s there. But that’s going rate around here, there are some that get much more than that and have people waiting. There are also people getting this much and Dick every thing up.

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
Schluter, more expensive with the upfront materials but way cheaper in the labor aspect. In the middle of it now redoing my mother’s house. The pan wicks moisture far superior to the old method of presloping, liner and then pan method. Ditra is nice too if you want a waterpoord floor but it’s overkill.

08mojo

Established Member
Correct
$5,600 was the quote.

That number doesn't see that far off to me--depending on the materials you choose. I am currently redoing our master bath on my own, and $5,600 seems like a bargain to remodel two showers, plus the lighting you mentioned.

Damn that has got to be a heavy pan.

Our shower has a 40"x64" pan. I did a preslope, which used a 50lb bag of mud. The layer on top of the liner used close to 200lbs of mud. So, 250lbs of mud doesn't seem too heavy for such a large shower pan.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
That number doesn't see that far off to me--depending on the materials you choose. I am currently redoing our master bath on my own, and $5,600 seems like a bargain to remodel two showers, plus the lighting you mentioned.

Our shower has a 40"x64" pan. I did a preslope, which used a 50lb bag of mud. The layer on top of the liner used close to 200lbs of mud. So, 250lbs of mud doesn't seem too heavy for such a large shower pan.
Yeah, the more I research this, that price isn't really outta line. I was kinda shocked at first, lol.

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
Sounds about right. We've remodeled almost our entire house and the master bed/bath is next on the list. Already have in the budget $4-5K just for the shower and tile floor.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
If you are doing a recessed shampoo holder, I recommend a preformed stainless steel that will not leak and is presloped.
View attachment 1491018View attachment 1491019

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

good idea, my uncle did tile for a long time and he said it didn't matter what you did, a recessed shelf would eventually leak behind everything if it wasn't done using something like that

phillycobra99

Established Member
I'm in the process of getting estimates for my bathroom to be redone down to the studs. The first quote I just received was 13,500. The next guy is coming out next week.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm in the process of getting estimates for my bathroom to be redone down to the studs. The first quote I just received was 13,500. The next guy is coming out next week.

its interesting how quotes can be all over the place, my aunt just a quote to have her house and a few other things painted and pressure washed - one guy quotes 2700 and another 4800.

08mojo

Established Member

I think I'll be $14k just in materials on our bathroom...I think we went overboard. I have completely changed the layout and added windows. Our initial idea of keeping it simple has gone way out of control and beyond what we should have done.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member

I think that's about right also. Doing a whole bathroom soup to nuts is about $15k give or take a couple of thousand depending on how expensive the materials are.

lilcoop03

Established Member
I recently had bathfitter give me a quote for their "drop in" over my old built-in cast iron tub....8 GRAND.

I decided to reseal the tub, installed cultured marble around it, and install new fixtures. Less than $2,000 and it looks great.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I think that's about right also. Doing a whole bathroom soup to nuts is about $15k give or take a couple of thousand depending on how expensive the materials are.
Yeah, like I said, the more I looked it wasn't crazy stupid. Plus, these guys are really good.
I appreciate all the input from everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread