Bathroom Shower Re-tile Prices

ssssnake

Established Member
Pink? Whoo, i'd be tired of that too. Both guest and master have the cultured marble sinks, the guest bath has the porcelain tub with the sides being some kind of man made stuff. The garden tub and shower in the master is cultured marble too. I tiled my floors a little over ten years ago. What color are you going to do the tiles in? LOL my whole house is shades of blue. The interior needs re-painting though - I'm thinking of grey-blue now with white trim.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Pink? Whoo, i'd be tired of that too. Both guest and master have the cultured marble sinks, the guest bath has the porcelain tub with the sides being some kind of man made stuff. The garden tub and shower in the master is cultured marble too. I tiled my floors a little over ten years ago. What color are you going to do the tiles in? LOL my whole house is shades of blue. The interior needs re-painting though - I'm thinking of grey-blue now with white trim.

Pretty neutral, and I also attached a picture of the kitchen that I (yes me) did about 13 years ago. Pretty proud of that. I even removed the old dome ceiling and raised it.
IMG_2110.JPG

IMG_2011.JPG

IMG_2012.JPG

Sent from somewhere

ssssnake

Established Member
Pretty good! You and 08mojo are talented. My son is talented in wiring and that sort of thing, but I need a construction guru. I have the weirdest kitchen layout. I'd like to knock the wall out between dining room and kitchen and put in an island like you have.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
:mad::(We just got our second quote for our small project and we are still reeling from the sticker shock.

All we want is to replace the current standard 3 wall alcove bathtub in the guest bathroom with a new, moderately priced 60x36 standard whirlpool bathtub.

Both quotes were between $7K-$7.5K. That includes material (tub and surround) and labor. :(

08mojo

Established Member
:mad::(We just got our second quote for our small project and we are still reeling from the sticker shock.

All we want is to replace the current standard 3 wall alcove bathtub in the guest bathroom with a new, moderately priced 60x36 standard whirlpool bathtub.

Both quotes were between $7K-$7.5K. That includes material (tub and surround) and labor. :(

Economy is doing good, construction is in a boom and prices are following! I severely underestimated the cost of redoing our bathroom. I've done a lot of projects around this house, this is the first one I really missed on budgeting. Our kitchen is going to be stuck in the 80's for several more years...

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Well now that the demo on bathroom #2 is done, need a new tub. Current one has some chips in the porcelain that we couldn’t see and the new shit won’t hide it. Just picked it up.

nxhappy

Established Member
best thing to do ....go to a new working development ....talk to one of the guys about some side work. The price will be 20-40% cheaper guaranteed.

Four Door SVT

Established Member
I can see that’s a Kohler faucet with cpvc pipe for the tub spout (quite weak) and a American standard tub that isn’t level or it’s out of square as the gap is noticeable.

01147b048cf5d8d596016dffcb807cec.jpg

The gap at the floor would indicate there was a fiberglass unit there originally. I see million dollar homes screwed up all the time. It’s what keeps me in business. The building codes are minimum allowable standards and some subcontractors can’t even do that.

5fbf74523babbd8d766a3869214645f1.jpg

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Tub isn't level, and I'm meeting them this morning to address the few issues I noticed too. It was a steel tub originally.

Users who are viewing this thread