bassani headers

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
Originally posted by NightEnforcer
Harry great shots. Can they be wiggled in without removing the K member?

I am pretty sure they can from what I have seen under there...you do have to take out the motormount bolts and jackup the engine abit to do this...but it can be done.

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com
2003 Cobra(stock..modified..stock...back to modified, big time again)
I know...I am crazy

97whitecobra

Established Member
Hey guys I have an older Bassani X pipe and want the mid lengths also. Should I cut and weld the headers in, or buy a new X pipe so it will bolt right up? Any pro's & cons? (besides money)

thanks

HotRodHarry

Established Member
Hey buddy...I have it all back on and bought back my HotRodHarry Throttlebody too.....I just miss my beastly beast. So all is back on ..waiting for my TB now. Also testing a new upper blower pulley that works awesome. I should be pushing about 22 lbs of boost with the BilletFlow TB back on there now. I will have it hopfully on this coming week some time. I tried to be normal and go stock or just alittle above stock...I just cant do it...because I am not normal ;-)
So yes...2.80 upper....6 lb lower....life is good again...for the moment.
Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

KHsonic03

Established Member
OK, here's my question. I have the 03 x-pipe and catback. If I buy the headers, do they come with the down pipes to mate with the x-pipe. Because I know my x-pipe doesn't look like that. Do I have to get custom fabbed pieces, or does Bassani sell them? I don't get it.

HotRodHarry

Established Member
I am pretty sure Bassani only sells the down pipes to connect to the no cat X pipe that I had on the car before headers. If you have cats...I think you can still get the down pipes from Bassani but you will have to fabricate them to work.....or have a shop do it. Not exactly sure on that one.

Harry

KHsonic03

Established Member
I have the modular x pipe, so you can change the cats in or out. That is what is confusing me about this whole thing.:shrug:

HotRodHarry

Established Member
I would think that the down pipe will be used to mate up the cats that you have....if I go cats I would do the same thing. Any good muffler shop could hook that up in an hour or less. If you need to drive it to a muffler shop after getting the header on...you can always use flex pipe and clamps as a temporary thing to get you to the shop.

Harry

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Re: Headers

Originally posted by NightEnforcer
Just bought a set from SFPHQ. Great price and great service. Another weekend project. HP Costs Money.

how about taking some do-it-yourself pics with editorials. I would attempt it with the proper help from a fellow 03/bassani owner.

RKANYZ

Established Member
When I installed mine I didn't remove the motor mounts or need to raise the engine. I suggest using a hoist. all you need to remove is starter, steering shaft, oil filter and old manifolds. follow the directions included with headers and bring lots of patience. installing headers is not difficult they just take a lot of time. i've installed a set of longtubes on a friend's 03, took about 7 hours with both of us. installed the complete bassani system on mine in about 8.

hpbyhermann

Established Member
Edgewater Maryland, New shop in Beltsville Marylan
bassani headers.....

They really are the way to go ....perfect fit, great sound and performance....i have installed MANY sets and highly recomend them. I have them on my own kenne bell vert and can't say enough good things about them. I installed the headers at the same time as the supercharger so i can't quantify the actual gain of the headers by themselves, but the car really breathes free now....doesn't feel choked up. They are really one of the best mods i've done on my car.....( next to the kenne bell and the oil separator tank to keep the oil off the engine!!!:beer: ) I highly recomend these!!! Just one important tip to remember when installing these......keep all the individual tubes somewhat loose until you slide the collectors on, also use anti-seeze on the tubes BEFORE you slip the collectors on....then tighten the tubes. Also don't forget to install the steering shaft BETWEEN the tubes on the driver's side as you go down the line. enjoy them.....hermann:beer:

JohnsDSGVert

Established Member
Re: bassani headers.....

Why and where does the anti seize go? I know what anti seize is....are you saying to put it on the outside of the tubes? Why?

Originally posted by hpbyhermann
They really are the way to go ....perfect fit, great sound and performance....i have installed MANY sets and highly recomend them. I have them on my own kenne bell vert and can't say enough good things about them. I installed the headers at the same time as the supercharger so i can't quantify the actual gain of the headers by themselves, but the car really breathes free now....doesn't feel choked up. They are really one of the best mods i've done on my car.....( next to the kenne bell and the oil separator tank to keep the oil off the engine!!!:beer: ) I highly recomend these!!! Just one important tip to remember when installing these......keep all the individual tubes somewhat loose until you slide the collectors on, also use anti-seeze on the tubes BEFORE you slip the collectors on....then tighten the tubes. Also don't forget to install the steering shaft BETWEEN the tubes on the driver's side as you go down the line. enjoy them.....hermann:beer:

hj16

Established Member
Re: Re: bassani headers.....

Originally posted by John Himsel
Why and where does the anti seize go? I know what anti seize is....are you saying to put it on the outside of the tubes? Why?
You wont get an answer from him here. He was unfortunately banned from this site. Go to Modularfords.com, he is a regular over there.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Put the antiseize on each individual pipe where it goes into the collector. This will aid in the alignment and allow for easier removal at a later date.
Also, test fit each pipe in their respective position in the collectors and test assemble each side before installation on the car. There may be flaws that need attention on the individual pipes or collector. This will insure that they assemble into the collector easily after they are mounted on the motor.

Dana

Users who are viewing this thread