bassani headers

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
John,
The live axle is the solution to all the IRS problems like wheel hop and broken half-shafts. Another plus is it is about 125 pounds lighter.
When I get the new clutch installed and can launch without slipping, I think I will be even happier.

As far as total cost goes, it was around $2500. Prices will vary though. I used all new parts, including the housing.
Others may opt for a swap or a used setup or a combination of new & used pieces. This may cost less.

I have not sold the IRS yet. I really haven't been pushing it very hard. I would like to get $1400 for it, but it may go for less.

As far as the swap itself, it wasn't difficult. The swap is pretty straight forward, but it does take time. I did mine in a weekend, with several trips to Ford and Ace Hardware for overlooked parts and nuts and bolts and stuff. It is a straight bolt in, so no real modifications are required, it's just assembling all the components for the swap that will be time consuming.
If you have average mechanic skills, the job is easy.

Dana

JohnsDSGVert

Established Member
Live Axle

Where did you buy yours?

Was it a kit or all inclusive ( for the most part )

I was thinking about calling Moser and getting a quote.........or buying it straight from Ford Motorsports??????

How do you like the 3:73? I have a 4:10 in my IRS and I love the responsiveness.....just wished I would have waited and put the money toward a 4:10 in a live axle.

Another question.....I have Bassani Cat Backs....Do I lose those in the trade?

Thanks Dana.....send pics of your rear end please.

[email protected]

Sonic03inSC

Established Member
I had bassani on my supercharged GT & want it again, Where is the best place to buy Bassani from. I want Headers, O/R x-pipe, & cat back.
Thanks, John

Users who are viewing this thread