bassani headers

JMD0346

Established Member
Im ordering mid lengths monday. Just wondering what kind of gains people are getting with a similar setup to mine.

2.93, Amazon chip, 100mm idler, amazon filter, bassani cat-back, bassani cat x-pipe.

Thanks guys
Michael

MpdCobra06

Established Member
Originally posted by JMD0346
Im ordering mid lengths monday. Just wondering what kind of gains people are getting with a similar setup to mine.

2.93, Amazon chip, 100mm idler, amazon filter, bassani cat-back, bassani cat x-pipe.

Thanks guys
Michael

I am wondering the same thing. I am in the market also. I know one of our fellow members is running 32 psi with the KB with these headers. (bassani mid lengths). I will probably order them, as they seem very nice. I hear the driver side install isn't that fun because of the starter will get into the way. You may need to unbolt it. When you get them let me know how it goes.:burnout:

:beer:

Last edited:

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
I have know Idea...I have been running this setup for quite some time and I love it. I did notice the sound of the car was alot smoother and just nicer sounding than without the mid lengths. Mid Range and top end picked up in the seat of the pants feel too. And then when I went to the 6 lb lower with my 2.8 upper...then I really think the Headers helped alot with that. I like them because they are mid length and they dont come underneath the car at all. Real nice product!

Here are 2 vids with that setup on my car

http://www.modularfords.com/storage/HRHexhaust.mpg

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/hotrodharry/HotRodHarrysCobraImport.mpg

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com
2003 Cobra(is it stock or not)

Last edited:

JMD0346

Established Member
Originally posted by fakesnake.com
Expect an increase of 21-25 RWHP

Thats about what we were hoping for. Me , hskap and 03Darkshadow are getting them ASAP! We let everybody know how it goes. The cool part is we all run different setups(pulley sizes) so the results should be interesting.

03DarkShadow

Established Member
Hey Harry, What did you run in that video??? Sounds Awesome! I cant wait to hear them on all 3 of our cars, especially mine its already loud w/ the 3 in Mac!!!

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
To you guys that got them installed or did it yourself, how long did it take and how much did it cost?

HotRodHarry

Established Member
my muffler shop took about 2 hours to install the x pipe no cats and catback...then later I had Nitrous Pete put the headers on and connect them to catless x pipe. I think that took him about 6 hours with taking the k frame down too.

So a total of about 8 hours it could be done on a lift. On your back and on stands I would add another 2 to 3 hours on the total time. The catback and x pipe I would do on my own..its not that bad...the headers I just said no way. I do most of the work on my car..but thats just too much on my back in the garage.

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

Last edited:

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
I've had the damn things in my trunk for almost a month now. The local speed shop was suppose to call me and setup an appointment when they have time. I'm just trying to figure out how much labor it's going to cost.

HotRodHarry

Established Member
uuugh...sorry dude!!!! My best run was an 11.25 at 125.85 mph...thats with the 2.8 and 6 lb and all.....that was with an awesome tune from Pete....my first tune was way too lean and just died up top. Amazing how the right chip tune is so important with these cars.

Harry

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Thanks Harry, that was what I was looking for.

Do you know if the installer had any problems mating up the header extension pipe to the Cats or cat elim pipes?

I am probably going to do these in the next 2 weeks or so.

Thanks again,
Dana

Users who are viewing this thread