Bashers take notice

Bracketbomber

Established Member
:bash: Guys, and I mean everyone. SVT Performance was kind enough to add a NON SVT vehicle to it's lineup, so, we all need to grow up and act like adults concerning our Marauders. All I've been seeing on any of the lines is a bunch of whiners and shit stirrers. As an automotive type community, ie; Marauder owners, does it really matter whose supercharger is better, I don't think so. As long as everyone enjoys their cars is the only thing that matters. So, to coin a famous phrase, ( Can't we all just get along ). Geez, you're all beginning to remind me of a bunch of Chevy owners. :poke:

JJPMach1

Red 2003 Mach 1
Established Member
I love those Marauders. Definately a nice vehicle.

Just remember one thing at this site... opinions are like a-holes and there are alot of them out there. But I think most people here just like to bust chops or have pecker size contests

MENACE

Banned
01cobravortech said:
The Maurader is an old man's car. But I like it in black with tinted windows. Welcome to SVTP. :beer:

:lol: :loser: You only have a Cobra because its easy to spell.

If you could spell MARAUDER maybe you would be man
enough to own one! :burn:

MENACE said:
:lol: :loser: You only have a Cobra because its easy to spell.

If you could spell MARAUDER maybe you would be man
enough to own one! :burn:

I like my car's monicker to be short and sweet. I'll buy a Maurader, IF MY WIFE TELLS ME TO SELL THE COBRA LIKE YOURS DID. :burn:

Bracketbomber

Established Member
I've been at this site since we got our Lightning back in 99. Just trying to keep my fellow Marauder owners in sync with each other. I also own an 11 sec 83 Mustang on throttle only.

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
Bracketbomber said:
I've been at this site since we got our Lightning back in 99. Just trying to keep my fellow Marauder owners in sync with each other. I also own an 11 sec 83 Mustang on throttle only.

And up until a couple weeks ago you hadn't posted on this site for three years. Why the sudden Marauder interest?

SergntMac

Established Member
tallboy said:
And up until a couple weeks ago you hadn't posted on this site for three years. Why the sudden Marauder interest?
Hehehe...Thanks Chuck, this made me chuckle and today, I really needed a chuckle for sure. It's a very good question too.
Bracketbomber said:
Guys, and I mean everyone. SVT Performance was kind enough to add a NON SVT vehicle to it's lineup, so, we all need to grow up and act like adults concerning our Marauders. All I've been seeing on any of the lines is a bunch of whiners and shit stirrers. As an automotive type community, ie; Marauder owners, does it really matter whose supercharger is better, I don't think so. As long as everyone enjoys their cars is the only thing that matters. So, to coin a famous phrase, ( Can't we all just get along ). Geez, you're all beginning to remind me of a bunch of Chevy owners.
I'd like to express my sincere thanks to SVT Performance for giving us this corner of their web site. And, I'll be the first to ask all of us Marauder owners present here, to respect the house rules here at SVT Performance. We don't need to get kicked out, again, right?

However, I have to add that us Marauder owners are a different crowd too. Almost all of us already know each other from another web site ('cept those who are wearing a mask), and when y'all cannot understand exactly what's going on between us, or, what 411 is really getting exchanged, it's prolly due to our previous history with each other at another web site.

As long as we do not break any SVT house rules, and do not further trespass into other SVT forums, join us here in this corner at your own risk, or, leave us be. We have become quite skilled at self moderating ourselves. As uncultured as we seem to y'all, we do know when one of us has gone too far and we do act on that.

Man-oh-man, all of this is so familiar to me now. My father was a WW-II vet, and highly active in his American Legion stuff. Back in the '50s, he was always very busy doing a lot of stuff. Stuff I see us Marauder owners doing now. He organized national events and he was a member of a special club within the American Legion, something called the "40 and 8".

I don't know what this means today, but the American Legion, and the "40 and 8" was a very big part of his life. I didn't get it then, but I can say today, it was as important to him then as my Marauder stuff is to me. He drove across the country to meet other Legionaires, as I drive out today, to meet brother Marauder owners. I was seven back then, my first road trip ever, was in a green '53 Pontiac Chief.

From what I can remember, it's not a leap of faith to associate the habits of Marauder owners among automoble enthuiasts, with the habits of the American Legion, or, the "40 and 8" among Legionaires. Men I remember from age 7 walking through my home wearing funny looking caps on their head, and playing games and "gags" on each other, and yes, booze and food seemed to flow freely. So many years later, I understand my childish impressions. The funny caps were extracts from their military service. The games and gags were just their good times after so many bad times. I still don't get the "40 and 8", thingy. Anyone with info, e-me at [email protected]

What ties all these images and feelings together in my head and heart, is that at any National, or, regional Marauder event, everyone present is a member, just like all became members of the American Legion where ever they met. Everyone is a citizen of Marauderville, USA., just by showing up.

I cannot make any distiction here, the behaviors of both Legionaries and citizens of Marauderville are amusingly identical. Our posts on the Internet read the same as the hand written international correspondence I find in my father's numerous scrapbooks. The photos look about the same, except lacking color. Same bunch of guys doing the same old buddy stuff for the camera. What's the difference? I can't see any.

If you want to stand back from it all, and just observe, none of us seem to get along all that well, and why should we?

Why is it automatic that because we all love the same automobile, we should love each other too? Nonetheless, when the chips are really down, and one of us is really hurting from very hard times, we do stick together. This has been proven time and time again.

That said, tolerate our noise in the smokie back room, eh? Or, send us packing.

No big deal, we'll find another back room...Somewhere, prolly with better ventalation...

MENACE

Banned
01cobravortech said:
I like my car's monicker to be short and sweet. I'll buy a Maurader, IF MY WIFE TELLS ME TO SELL THE COBRA LIKE YOURS DID. :burn:

Sorry, I've never owned a Mustang......not enough car for me! :poke:

Also, unlike your wife, mine doesn't tell me what to do :nono:.......she ask me.

:p

STLR FN

My Wiener's Covered
Established Member
I sum it up like this: we're a dysfunctional bunch that can't stand some members but when it gets down to the nitty gritty, we got each others back whether we admit it or not.

STLR FN

My Wiener's Covered
Established Member
I sum it up like this: we're a dysfunctional bunch that can't stand some members but when it gets down to the nitty gritty, we got each others back whether we admit it or not.

That and Mustangs are a dime a dozen had one got rid of it. Like the Marauder much better. Gives a better satisfaction when you whoop a Mustang owners ass. :bash:

Users who are viewing this thread