Bareknuckle boxing match for $3k

BrandonAH

Established Member
Size means nothing. I'm just like most of the people on this website. I'm 5'11 210 lbs. and I'm a one man kung fu swat team! :D :rockon:

FiveSpeed

Established Member
Originally posted by StangVixen
My ex fiance was not as big as those guys and let me tell you he could throw a beating better than these guys any day I ought to know I was on the receiving end a lot of times so big or small anyone can be good with training and some are good without it.
Vixen

Sorry, but I'd have to disagree unless he punched your skull in. Did you see the side of that big black guys face after 1 or 2 punches? Now I don't know your ex, nor do I know you, but I highly doubt your ex can swing harder punches than that guy unless you've made a few trips to the emergency room. First post by the way, kick ass forum you guys got goin' here. Love the cars. :rockon:

RL1

Established Member
Ok for those who say it looks like they punch slow, dont hit hard etc....think of it this way.....what happens when a tractor trailer hits your car at 20mph opposed to a honda civic???...think about it.

I'm assuming that the larger guy in the white shorts is 6'3 245-265 lbs.....there doesn't have to be all that much speed behind all of his mass and power to do damage.

I'm 6'1 247..... fought mma for a bit and Tai boxed for 12 years.....I've been hit by some turtles that have an impact of a mule kick.

DarickPSU

Mick in a Mystic
Established Member
Originally posted by hmmmidunno
haha thats nothin my sophmore year i took on a black dude 280lbs 6'2" after that sheet the people learned to leave me alone he was biggest dude in school i am 5'10" 130lbs :) so he's more then twice my size and he still got sheet beat of out em. cause all that mass slows u down and most people cant fight for sheet

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:whine: :whine: :cryying: :cryying:

BTW I have some Oceanfront property for sale in Tennessee.
D.

Last edited:

BagwaZhang

Established Member
Hmmmmm

Originally posted by JKD COBRA
Some of you guys are confusing karate/martial arts, with Gracie Bary Bazilian Jiu jitsu. There is a big difference. I agree, karate is almost usless in a real fight, same with Kung Fu. I took Xing Yi for a couple months, we did a little bit of sparing but that will not help you much in a real fight.

But, 'usually' if you get in a real fight. .it only takes a few seconds until both of you are grabbing each other. An average person will just charge you and tackle you. Thats why the jiu jitsu works so well. And that is also why the best guys in the Pride fighting and UFC all have a wrestling history or does jiu jitsu.

With that said, even if a guy is very skilled in jiu jitsu, it will still take a pretty big guy to take down the guy in the video.
I have to agree and disagree.

I can't say that karate or kung fu is useless in a real fight. I'm no expert by any means. I train BagwZhang and Taiji, which both include Dim Mak. I've dabbled with submission fighting too. It's true that about 90% of fights go to the ground, but 100% start standing up. As mentioned before, if you try and use the same tactics you used in point fighting for a trophy, you'll most likely be destroyed in a real survival situation.

I respect the Gracies in their work with BJJ. I believe it's effective. In my opinion, I shouldn't have to grapple with someone who wants to grapple. My opponent would be getting struck while trying to grapple me. I shouldn't have to adapt to you. You make your opponent have to adapt to yourself. If I let someone grapple me down, I either don't know my style/art well enough or I'm being taught something wrong.

Another thing I believe in is training in something that works regardless of the opponent's condition. Smash a drunk/drugged up person in the nose and mouth 10 times. Nothing happens. They're not registering pain. If a drunk/drugged up person, whether muscular or scrawny, can't walk, see, or breathe, he's finished just like a sober person would be. That's what I think makes some martial arts/styles and their students/teachers look bad. People aren't trained and taught in the right way. That's why I can't agree with karate or kung fu being almost useless. If you're taught junk, it will be junk in a real situation.

I was taught to train with sudden, reflex violence. My instructor gave this example. If you're mowing your lawn and a piece of dirt flies to your face, you don't think "I must now close my eye because this dirt is coming at me". No, you automatically move or cover up. The same is applied to fighting. If I have to "think" about what move I'm going to do, I'm finished in a real street fight. Fighting happens in an instant. No time for thinking. That's why we train with natural body movements. This, in my opinion, is one of the most effective training methods. If it's unnatural, you have to "think" about it and that can cost you in a real survival situation.

Good discussion. I like how people from different backgrounds and expierences share their thoughts about fighting. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

DET_SVT02

Established Member
Originally posted by OhOneSnake
Both of them would get their a$$es handed to em by any real fighter. That was pittiful. The blue shorts was in poor shape, and looked scared. White shorts owned him, but only because the other guy didn't know how to get out of the way of the wild punches.

Sure, they were both jacked, like they just got out of prison, but horrible fighters. If they can't find the stamina for that fight, what do they expect to happen when it goes to the ground, like any serious fight does?

UFC? They'd get choked out in 20 seconds.

YES SIR....I JUST LOVE THE UFC...."ICEMAN" BABY

Lockdown

Established Member
:Originally posted by SALEENGTROUSH
damn that was crazy...that dude took mad hits..... hes an animal

As mentioned above im sure he had to have been on some sort of drug, I.E. PCP or some other amphetamine.. youd be surprised what someone could do on those drugs

In the words of david chappel

The Words of God

91tbird

Established Member
Honestly, those guys really didn't know much about a fight, all they had going for them was being decently muscular. Im currently in my 5th year of closed ring sparring (boxing basically, with a few different rules) and it was pretty obvious after the first 20 seconds that they don't know what they are doing when it comes to even throwing a punch. Everytime theyd go to make a move, they would either fortell it by swinging the body slightly, or dropping their hands, and then leave their hands down as they watched the punch follow through. They swung randomly and didn't have much showing of a knowing for how to throw a decent punch, just how to swing their arms with their strength...

91tbird

Established Member
And to respond about the comments of it going to the ground. I found it pretty clear that it was a stand up fight, as when they would get tangled, they would pull apart decently quick, as not to trip up, and also stayed away from objects. True respect was given to both fighters, as no one joined in, and they were respected in asking for a breather at times...

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Originally posted by 91tbird
Honestly, those guys really didn't know much about a fight, all they had going for them was being decently muscular. Im currently in my 5th year of closed ring sparring (boxing basically, with a few different rules) and it was pretty obvious after the first 20 seconds that they don't know what they are doing when it comes to even throwing a punch. Everytime theyd go to make a move, they would either fortell it by swinging the body slightly, or dropping their hands, and then leave their hands down as they watched the punch follow through. They swung randomly and didn't have much showing of a knowing for how to throw a decent punch, just how to swing their arms with their strength...

There's no technique to getting f'd up! That guy just got his azz whooped royally....lol :rockon:

Predator03

Banned
THATS NOT UFC MATERIAL.
NO HOLDS BARRED FIGHTS INVOLVE SO MUCH MORE.
I SHOULD KNOW:)

THATS A NICE BACK YARD VIDEO BRAWL.

THAT FOOL LOOKED OLD SCHOOL TOO.(THE WINNER)

PERSONALLY I WOULD HAVE PUNCHED HIM IN THE THROAT OR STUCK MY THUMB IN HIS EYE.:) BEFORE IT STARTED OR WHEN I GOT THE CHANCE... HEHE

Predator03

Banned
Re: Hmmmmm

Originally posted by BagwaZhang
If I have to "think" about what move I'm going to do, I'm finished in a real street fight. Fighting happens in an instant. No time for thinking. That's why we train with natural body movements. This, in my opinion, is one of the most effective training methods. If it's unnatural, you have to "think" about it and that can cost you in a real survival situation.

Good discussion. I like how people from different backgrounds and expierences share their thoughts about fighting. :thumbsup:

Good example.
I trained in NC, CA, TX, and played overseas.
Pride, King of The Cage, Hapkido, Jj, Tae Kwon Do, American, Korean, Vale Tudo, etc......
I was an assistant instructor for years for both American and Korean Martial Arts.
The best of the breed cross train.
I've taken out free style wrestlers with triangles and neck cranks or set up simple arm drags for rear nakid chokes or even punchers with low leg kicks....but the botom line is cross training for both stand up and submission is necessary.

This vid is a good oh corn bread fight. Nothing more.
I guarantee if that guy were to clinch with MARK "THE SPECIMEN" KERR, DON " THE PREDATOR" FRY, BAS RUTEN, FRANK SHAMROCK, TITO ORTIZ, OR RICKSON GRACIE.....he would be out of 35k-65k(which's what the super fights run now-a-days.)

BagwaZhang, you and I would get along great
:beer:
Save me as a PM, we can trade war stories. I actually met Rickson Gracie in person in Orange County(CA), at a training conference.

Anyways cool vid.
Bring em on.:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread