Bareknuckle boxing match for $3k

SVT4J

This isn't the autobahn?
Established Member
Originally posted by OhOneSnake
Both of them would get their a$$es handed to em by any real fighter. That was pittiful. The blue shorts was in poor shape, and looked scared. White shorts owned him, but only because the other guy didn't know how to get out of the way of the wild punches.

Sure, they were both jacked, like they just got out of prison, but horrible fighters. If they can't find the stamina for that fight, what do they expect to happen when it goes to the ground, like any serious fight does?

UFC? They'd get choked out in 20 seconds.

While I agree that they would lose to a professional fighter, they were entertaining. Now back to getting choked out in 20 seconds - no way in hell should anyone get choked out in 20 seconds. In a controlled environment, where there are rules sure, but not in a street fight. Rules save the brazilian style jiu jitsu (grappling in general) because you can easily break holds by grabbing privates, and gouging eyes, but that is reserved for surviving - not making money. Besides - the street brings on too many outsiders to want to hit the ground. To much of a chance to get kicked by someone else in the melee.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
SVT4J - you would be suprised man, brazilian jiu jitsu works very well. If an average guy went up against a skilled jiu jitsu guy, I think its very believable he could get choked out in 20 seconds. . .maybe less. I didn't think jiu jitsu was a big deal until I started practicing it. I have only done it for a month, but it was a huge wake up call seeing how good some of these guys are. . and some of them have only been practicing for a few months.

I can't imagine going up against a 225-295lb guy who has been wrestling his whole life. Unless you have been doing the same, your done for.

Now, of coarse, it would be different for the big guy in the video. He is so strong/tough that it would probably take another large fighter to beat him no matter what type of martial arts he practices.

OhOneSnake

Let it melt......
Established Member
Go rent UFC 1, when they didn't have all the rules they do now.
And when your arm is suddenly in a position to be broken, or when you have no air, and the blood flow to your brain has been cut off and is about to cause unconciousness in t-minus 5 seconds, feeling around for your opponent's crotch isn't the first thing on your mind.

When I say choked out, I don't mean the long slow process of making someone pass out from lack of breathing. I mean the very quick process that happens when you squeeze on the pressure point at the side of the neck. Hell, you can make a man seem falling down drunk by simply backhanding the side of his neck.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
That is very true. Besides, a lot of the holds in jiu jitsu invlove trapping the arms, legs, or both. So good luck trying to grap your opponents crotch when he has your own arm pinned against your neck.

Vanride69

west bound and down
Established Member
i could take him, with a truck. :) that big guy was super tough but the lighter skinned dude wasnt anything too great. I have friends who could take him down easily. Not me, but friends. I dont know 1 person who could take down that dark guy though. DAMN!

iczar1

Established Member
The thing you guys are forgetting is this was bare knuckle boxing. So Jiu Jitsu doent apply here.

These guys were boxing they werent just fighting for the hell of it. So they had to "BOX" they couldnt just pic any fighting style they wanted. Now if it came to an all out fight Im sure some Jiu Jitsu guy would win. But if he had to stang there and go toe to toe with one of those guys you might have a different out come.

JerseyGT

Jerseys Finest Ttop
Established Member
Originally posted by 03Cobra4me
Thats insane!!! Look at the guys eye at the end! And he's smiling about it. :eek:

I know dude. wtf. those kats were huge. I'd be crying cuase the fact I just lost 3k. Dudes were JACKED!

southernheathen

Established Member
Originally posted by SVT4J
While I agree that they would lose to a professional fighter, they were entertaining. Now back to getting choked out in 20 seconds - no way in hell should anyone get choked out in 20 seconds. In a controlled environment, where there are rules sure, but not in a street fight. Rules save the brazilian style jiu jitsu (grappling in general) because you can easily break holds by grabbing privates, and gouging eyes, but that is reserved for surviving - not making money. Besides - the street brings on too many outsiders to want to hit the ground. To much of a chance to get kicked by someone else in the melee.

It depends on what type of choke he has. I agree that a front choke or any choke that involves preventing oxygen from enterning does take a while and with any style you must protect your self every step of the way. Now if you are going for a choke that prevents blood from flowing this can take a matter of seconds for the opponent to blackout. Its not some fancy technique, it is simply getting your arms around the neck properly. If you don't then you are just preventing air from coming in.

The only time i have gone to the ground (in the street) was when after landing a good straight the guy turned his back. I got him in a rear choke set my hooks in and that was that. I also hurt myself going down that hard and had all kinds of scrapes. Don't ever go to the ground unless it presents itself.

OhOneSnake

Let it melt......
Established Member
I disagree. I personally take it to the ground as soon as possible. I'm better there. Now, multiple guys, don't. Even Gracie will tell you you can't fight two men on the ground.

Lockdown

Established Member
Can anybody say out of all the videos of fights we've seen, that has to be the most honorable one. I mean the dude let up when the guy asked, stopped when it came down to it, and didn't need anybody to stop him from committing murder. I think hell two big dudes having a good ole bare nuckle fight in a honost way too. No other people jumping in. I feel happy to watch that video, except that dudes eye needed to be put back in the socket.

Users who are viewing this thread