Bareknuckle boxing match for $3k

hausstang

Yeah my father has trained with the gracia's. They are the ground fighters that you guys were talking about. The grand father could beat up all of them. And there is a 11 year old that would reck anyone on this site.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
mark209 - I wouldnt laugh man, jiu jitsu can be very effective. I didn't believe it either until I went to a local Gracie Bary (sp) jiu jitsu school.

Its not too far from you, maybe 30min or so. You should check it out. I had to take a couple months off, but I am going to start up again soon.

SouthTXSnake

Established Member
I'd believe it. An 11 year old choking someone out. I studied Judo/Aikido for 4 years, and when you do "a little matwork" with someone that has a lot of experience, it feels like they know your every move. It's very frustrating. One minute you think things are safe, and the next your seeing blurry and tapping out. Overall, I feel more comfortable taking someone to the ground and fighting there. Unless there is more than one opponent.

SVT4J

This isn't the autobahn?
Established Member
Originally posted by JKD COBRA
SVT4J - you would be suprised man, brazilian jiu jitsu works very well. If an average guy went up against a skilled jiu jitsu guy, I think its very believable he could get choked out in 20 seconds. . .maybe less. I didn't think jiu jitsu was a big deal until I started practicing it. I have only done it for a month, but it was a huge wake up call seeing how good some of these guys are. . and some of them have only been practicing for a few months.

I can't imagine going up against a 225-295lb guy who has been wrestling his whole life. Unless you have been doing the same, your done for.

Now, of coarse, it would be different for the big guy in the video. He is so strong/tough that it would probably take another large fighter to beat him no matter what type of martial arts he practices.

I agree that it works exceptionally well for sport or against someone who does not know a counter, but in a fight on the street (survival) you should not get choked out. JMO. I would try to avoid the ground at all costs on the street. I know from experience. I was a boxer, and was educated early on about grappling in my first school(read - ass whipping). That has all changed now, and my opinion of survival comes from being in special forces.
Good luck with the brazilian style.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
SVT - thats very true man, I agree. I have a close friend who was a marine so I always wonder how his training compares to the brazilian training. Thanks for the good luck comment, you too man :beer:

blackflash

Established Member
As was said earlier, that was an honorable fight. Its good he let off. It looks like the eye hit was to his Zygoma/Sphenoid bone. If these bones are broken your eye can pop out of socket, or even drop into your sinus cavity.

Johnny V

Established Member
Decent fight but working as a bouncer at a decently rough bar in college I saw some every bit as good.

Of course, they ended a lot sooner though:-D

motorCITY

Established Member
mark209 - what a video! Never seen that one before. That's some crazy $hit. I like how dude said , "that's how a nigga eat man" -- like it looks like he has ever went hungry!

FuryShift

You are slow.
Established Member
hahahhahahha, holy shit I can't stop watching this. That eyeball is just damn ridiculous, ahahashaha. I also agree with the guy who mentioned it being an honorable fight, personally thats how i think they should go down as well.

RedTerminator

Established Member
I don't care how much gracie you know or any other "do" You are going to run when that gorilla comes bearing down on you.

BagwaZhang

Established Member
Hmmmm

Originally posted by hausstang
And there is a 11 year old that would reck anyone on this site.
^ I assume this is your own opinion. :read:

Didn't see the vid because it went to "another" site. :nonono: Please don't do that again.

Looks like we have a few experienced fighters here. I gotta agree with Svt4j on alot of things said. The ground is the last place you want to go in a real street fight. Glass, rocks, etc. To be honest, I used to think that taking martial arts alone is the key to winning fights. Wrong. In my opinion, I think it's better to train to survive rather than point fighting. To each his own. If you train strictly for points, don't expect that'll work in the streets. Big difference between a friendly sparring session and a crazed maniac rushing you ready to take your head off. Oh well, let me stop now before I keep going. Good discussion. :thumbsup:

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
no matter how good of a karate kid you are...one good jab to the sternum or to the throat is all that's needed to take you down.

I've seen it happen - quite a few times. And blood chokes are the suck. I know from experience.....

CraZeeSTanG

Established Member
Anyone who thinks they can beat that guy is definetly doing COKE!

I dont know of ANYONE, even on TV who could beat that guy up. He is like a BIG MIKE TYSON! And MIKE TYSON is pretty f-in BIG.

SouthTXSnake

Established Member
Re: Hmmmm

Originally posted by BagwaZhang
^ I assume this is your own opinion. :read:

Didn't see the vid because it went to "another" site. :nonono: Please don't do that again.

Looks like we have a few experienced fighters here. I gotta agree with Svt4j on alot of things said. The ground is the last place you want to go in a real street fight. Glass, rocks, etc. To be honest, I used to think that taking martial arts alone is the key to winning fights. Wrong. In my opinion, I think it's better to train to survive rather than point fighting. To each his own. If you train strictly for points, don't expect that'll work in the streets. Big difference between a friendly sparring session and a crazed maniac rushing you ready to take your head off. Oh well, let me stop now before I keep going. Good discussion. :thumbsup:

I agree with you BagwaZhang!! In a true streetfight, money or not, there are no rules. You do whatever you have to do to win. I used to think the same about Martial Arts. It's not the key to winning fights, but it gives one the tools to react without even thinking about it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread