Bambi sucks!!!

Snakebite2k3

Pray For The Dead To Rise
Established Member
2la8iwon said:
Yea it could have been worse, Just look @ my car in my signature. I still dont have it back and it got hit in april

WTF! i really did not want to see that :( :nonono:

mustang guy

Established Member
hey there ,,,, been there....done that,,,,, only much worse had to replace door and quarter and paint whole car to match properly...sucks

mustang_00

Established Member
holy shit, i have/had the same exact dent on my car. It happened at work somehow a few months ago though (no deer) kinda looks like someone tried to pry the door open. haha i know it's really dumb but i'm blown away that someone else has the same exact dent,same side too. Like the genius i am i tried to pop the dent out myself. I took off the the plastic interior and i unscrewed the seatbelt holder and there was a big enough hole to fit a board through and i started whacking it with a hammer. Sure enough the dent popped out (kinda) and the paint cracked. I learned alot that day... i should never listen to the voice in my head that says "you can soo fix that in a few minutes." i just moved out in nowhere so i'm crossing my fingers for wind damage!! I'll try to take pictures tomorrow to show my handy work, maybe maaco will give me my job back that i had for a few days when i was 17

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
I hear they do good work on bikes too :rolleyes:
Seriously tho man it doesnt look as bad as i thought it was gona but it still sucks somethin awful. You sure Dan cant buff that out? On a side note i am diggin the 500's for the DD duties, maybe put the race rubber on the stockers?
Davesnake said:
Thanks Alex...The Shadley Bros. do great work...you might have seen their display at the world of wheels

Dave

jleews6

Established Member
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!

That sucks Dave. Sorry to hear this man.

On another note, I have never seen your car with them wheels and it looks killer. :coolman:

Davesnake

you wanna go!
Established Member
lightninmike said:
I hear they do good work on bikes too :rolleyes:
Seriously tho man it doesnt look as bad as i thought it was gona but it still sucks somethin awful. You sure Dan cant buff that out? On a side note i am diggin the 500's for the DD duties, maybe put the race rubber on the stockers?

I might rock the 500's on the street...I like em too

Dave

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sorry to hear about your snafu with the deer, but believe me, you were VERY fortunate the damage wasn't a LOT worse. That's pretty minimal compared to what you usually see. Especially if it was an adult deer. And hitting the side like that was another blessing because had it been the front, especially at speed, it could have easily been tossed through the windshield. Thank God both your and SVTChic were not hurt at all. Look at the bright side! ;-)

Davesnake

you wanna go!
Established Member
Thanks Dano,

bring me his head!

I just met with the Insurance adjuster and Paul Shadley @ AutoTec...It was great, Paul basically told the adjuster "I'm only going to do this job the right way...this cars way too nice to be putting any bondo on it."

The adjuster had no argument at all "No problem Paul I agree"

So I'm getting new door skin, rear quarter panel, drivers,side and rear glass, and the whole side of the car painted....go's in the shop the 26th

Jleews6,

Dude are you coming up north anytime soon? hit me up if so..

Dave

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
Haha i knew Dan could help :thumbsup: Maybe you could talk the shop into wet sanding the whole car and re-clearing the whole car. At least then you wouldnt see the paint line and maybe get an extra few coats for "protection".

Davesnake

you wanna go!
Established Member
lightninmike said:
Haha i knew Dan could help :thumbsup: Maybe you could talk the shop into wet sanding the whole car and re-clearing the whole car. At least then you wouldnt see the paint line and maybe get an extra few coats for "protection".

Mike,

I'm sure they would do if it does not look right...thats the way they work.

Dave

ka3ak

Breast Connoisseur
Established Member
that sucks man, hopefully you'll be up and running in no time. what's weird though, is how you were talking about deer when it happened; i remember blasting down rt 2 a while back with a friend, and for sh*ts i said "wouldn't it be funny if we hit a deer and dragged it all the way home", the next thing i know, we're headed towards a damn deer at about 90, luckily we stopped in time. it's like they can hear you and try to f*ck your car up out of spite

69Mach1351w

Established Member
i swear, as soon as one cleans and waxes thier car, something always seems to happen. I remember as soo as me and my buddy waxed his whole truck, a deer cut us off on the way to a friends house. He swerved off the road, and ran us into a tree at about 50 mph. Then, as just the second after i park my car, a damn bird (must have been an albatros) unloaded a sh.it storm on the cobra. It literally outlined my car on the pavement. I think im going to start keeping her dirty.. no probably not. Sorry to hear about that man, its a PITA just to deal with it.

Mark

KenCobra03

Factory Rated 390 HP, much more now
Established Member
Davesnake said:
Thanks Dano,

bring me his head!

I just met with the Insurance adjuster and Paul Shadley @ AutoTec...It was great, Paul basically told the adjuster "I'm only going to do this job the right way...this cars way too nice to be putting any bondo on it."

The adjuster had no argument at all "No problem Paul I agree"

So I'm getting new door skin, rear quarter panel, drivers,side and rear glass, and the whole side of the car painted....go's in the shop the 26th

Dave, sorry to hear that you got hit, but good that you will get it back
done completely right.

Users who are viewing this thread