bama vs bbr vs lund

wtfchuck

Established Member
first off don't turn this into a bitch session please... i'm very undecided on which tune to go with.. i've searched but came up empty. lund seems to only give 1 tune on lethals site (maybe they can chime in and correct me) bama has 3 tunes +free tunes for life. bbr i've heard nothin but good about them. thing is i want a street tune for dd then have a race tune for when i wanna go to the track. any input on which way i should go? oh and i wouldn't mind the so called ghost cam. if u have a suggestions please give an explanation :banana:

vteckiller2000

Add Lightness
Established Member
From my experience don't bother with BBR. Customers appear to be an inconvenience to them and it seems like they tune with prewritten files from other sources. I asked them if they could tone down the throttle on my tune because it was almost impossible to hold speed at 25 mph and they said: "it's either that or stock". A call to a couple of other tuners and they both said that throttle is a parameter which is adjustable, not just an on/off thing.

My tune took a week to get to me and every time I have called there they make me feel like I am keeping them from something more important. John even ignored a PM on another forum for several days. (you can see when people were online last on that forum dude!)

Not a good experience.

5pointslo

Established Member
Wasn't happy with bbr tune or service. Evolution all the way. They've been tuning this car probablly the longest and my Evo tune is as smooth driving as stock

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
No offense to the ones you listed, but why not take the hour drive over to VMP? This way you will have a tune specifically dialed in for your car, and not a mail order?

DIB5.0

Established Member
I have several tunes and the best tune is the UPR tune by Jeremy. Very smooth and pull hard. The 3 you have stated are ok but the UPR is a better tune.

Omcar

Established Member
Tunes

Give some thought to the Lund tunes. I have his performance 93 octane and his aggressive 93. Both are awesome and communication with Jon is very good.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
Free tunes for life - Because it takes a lifetime to get it RIGHT !
or you can have 1 tune right the first time for life

LOL... OMG...the free revisions is to cover future modifications

to the OP...our custom tuning option is unlimited tunes,unlimited support and free revisions for as long as you own the vehicle no matter what you add to your set up and comes free with the purchase of any hand held programmer

there are many excellent tuners out there.. but only a handfull who have the years of tuning expereince and knowledge,background and qualifications that Rick has

Rick remotely tuned the highest HP stock block 2011 GT in the country 705 HP..and he did that right from his desk in SC on a car sitting on a dyno in LA

he has put alot of hours into developing his 2011 5.0 tuning

we have one on the dyno right now that drove from northern VA to SC to have it dyno tuned by him

my best advice to you is to talk to any tuner you are considering one on one..then decide

you can PM your # to me and I will have Rick call you to discuss your tuning options

Last edited:

acrbill

Established Member
Don't ask internet forums for their opinion because people will offer up half truths on why one place sucks and the other is the best. There are a few companies that offer tunes for $75 so try a few of those and see how you like em.

Kevinz00GT

Established Member
I have only tried 2 Lund and Amazon.....and the Amazon tune seems like it has had way more time put into it than my Lund tune did......car drives and shifts more crisp without just banging the shit out of the 1-2 shift

+1 for Amazon

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
_______________Bama_gray_570x212.jpg

The old guy on the right may actually have gotten his high school diploma. As for the rest...

Speaking of diploma's, it'd be a little reassuring to know that the same guy that can read, analyze, and write code to Ford's latest PCM can actually read (and maybe write?)...

ScreenHunter_01Apr201323.gif

http://www.blowbyracing.com/aboutus.html

A little professionalism goes a long way. Proofreading your mission statement is probably a good idea before posting it. I wouldn't trust either one of the above to successfully change a roll of toilet paper.

grnenvy

Established Member
Yes

YES VMP
I drove two 2hrs from Tampa. There's nothing like having the air/fuel gauge on the right car. Mail order tunes are just that there mail order.

I had an awesome tune from Amazon before the blower and it was mail order.

No offense to the ones you listed, but why not take the hour drive over to VMP? This way you will have a tune specifically dialed in for your car, and not a mail order?

Last edited:

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member
Yes BBR's mission statement was very poorly written.

But your judging BAMA based on how they look?

I agree mail order is probably not as good as dyno-tuned in person but not everyone is within an hour or so if a reputable tuner.

Impetuous

Common sense isn't common
Established Member
I have a BBR and VMP tune. The BBR tune is ok but not what I would consider a tune that had very much attention to it. The VMP on the other hand is very smooth and pulls hard.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
If you are close to a reputable tuner, there is no reason to get a mail order tune. You will get a tuner, custom tune, and dyno numbers all in one.

wtfchuck

Established Member
YES VMP
I drove two 2hrs from Tampa. There's nothing like having the air/fuel gauge on the right car. Mail order tunes are just that there mail order.

I had an awesome tune from Amazon before the blower and it was mail order.

i was thinkin of goin to coastal here in tampa but i don't think he has much experience with the new 5.0 as others.

also i checked out vmp's site but didn't see anything about how many tunes you get. i'm would like to get a 93 street tune and a 93 agressive tune with the ghost cams

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread