bama vs bbr vs lund

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
i was thinkin of goin to coastal here in tampa but i don't think he has much experience with the new 5.0 as others.

also i checked out vmp's site but didn't see anything about how many tunes you get. i'm would like to get a 93 street tune and a 93 agressive tune with the ghost cams

i dont think that you can get ghost cam tune anymore..

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
i was thinkin of goin to coastal here in tampa but i don't think he has much experience with the new 5.0 as others.

also i checked out vmp's site but didn't see anything about how many tunes you get. i'm would like to get a 93 street tune and a 93 agressive tune with the ghost cams

I think a lot of tuners are scaling back on their "aggressive" tunes due to the knock sensor problem in cylinder #8, and there is a rather long thread on the ghost cam tunes being haulted for the moment.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
I've been thinking about getting an VMP Custom E-Mail e-85 Tune. The price seems fair enough I think will order it. $99.99

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Yes BBR's mission statement was very poorly written.

But your judging BAMA based on how they look?

I agree that I stereotyped what looks like the long awaited reunion between Larry/Curly/Moe and Stan Laurel, each clad in matching blue collar attire, and that may not have been fair. But the ad makes mention of 25+ years of experience...

Experience at what? Is that 25 years total? For how many people? What is the level of tuning education and where did they get it? I'll stop.

That's the nice thing about either Mr Lund or Mr Starkey - that they do it on their own. Nobody else to blame and nothing to hide behind if anything goes wrong. I think most here would agree that they are the two preeminent tuners atop of the Mustang community and for good reason.

Last edited:

slilock

Established Member
Lund

Communication is great, I have the Ghost Cam Tune with no stalling issues (sorry Bama), and the car is a totally different animal with the tune installed.

wtfchuck

Established Member
I think a lot of tuners are scaling back on their "aggressive" tunes due to the knock sensor problem in cylinder #8, and there is a rather long thread on the ghost cam tunes being haulted for the moment.

yea i've read alot about the #8 cyl stuff... looks like my decision is between lund/evo perform/ vmp cause i can drive to vmp

AmnDucky

Established Member

Which thread is that about the ghost cams?

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Which thread is that about the ghost cams?

It is one of the largest running threads in this section, and currently 2 threads down. Apparently there is speculation that FORD jumped in and haulted the "ghost cam idle" (or had the guys in the suits made a call to vendors), as it seemed to be relatively close to their "Red Key" features. :shrug:

Last edited:

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
I agree that I stereotyped what looks like the long awaited reunion between Larry/Curly/Moe and Stan Laurel, each clad in matching blue collar attire, and that may not have been fair. But the ad makes mention of 25+ years of experience...

Experience at what? Is that 25 years total? For how many people? What is the level of tuning education and where did they get it? I'll stop.

That's the nice thing about either Mr Lund or Mr Starkey - that they do it on their own. Nobody else to blame and nothing to hide behind if anything goes wrong. I think most here would agree that they are the two preeminent tuners atop of the Mustang community and for good reason.

only two of many

but everyone will have a different opinion depending on the expereince they have had..that is why you will hear pros and cons about all tuners..

most all the tuners I know are singular enterprises with varying years of expereince..only a handful have numerous years behind them..all have varying background and qualifications

Graboid

Established Member
ok troll go away

Ha I run a mail order. I find the trolls the ones that come in and instead of saying I love this tune, bash on other tuners and talk about how much more awesome there tunes are. FYI I run a Bama and have dealt with them since before AM with little problems. I have tried others that I didn't care for as much but there is no reason for me to bash on them. Not like they just completly sucked.... I have just had better luck dealing with Bama. Now I have thought about ordering a Lund to give it a try but haven't felt the need.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
only two of many

but everyone will have a different opinion depending on the expereince they have had..that is why you will hear pros and cons about all tuners..

most all the tuners I know are singular enterprises with varying years of expereince..only a handful have numerous years behind them..all have varying background and qualifications

Very true. I think that you would agree that hands on tuning is the best possible option if you are close to well known tuner. I have heard nothing but good things about your organization as well.

I think one of the great tuners out there is Dyno Dan (Dan Hourigan). He is the VP of Dynojet, but also tunes as a hobby on the side. My cobra had a little different personality than most, and took him two separate sessions to get it dialed in. He tuned my car as if it were his own.

Last edited:

Ray Lucca

Established Member
Jon Lund has the well deserved Rep as being one of our top Tuners, My questions are these>>>>
1. Contact Lund Racing and get a Lund Tune, customized to your Mods, right???
2. Contact Evolution and get a Lund Tune [by Evo] customized to your Mods, right??
3. Contact Lethal and get a Lund Tune [by Lethal] customized to your Mods, right???
OK, is that true, are they the same, and what is the diff.??? Anyone compared them???

Last edited:

92fiveohfox

Established Member
I've got a vmp and bbr tune. I havent touched the BBR one since I got the vmp one. The VMP one was faster at the dragstrip AND has way better driveability.

wtfchuck

Established Member
i emailed justin at vmp so we'll see... i won't be home for another 4 months from my deployment so i should have a good chunk of chnage saved up... just what to do what to do mod wise lol

1 srt4 U

Established Member
I am stupid to vmp's site lol. Would the VMP tuned people mind telling me what they paid for their tunes? thanks.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
jon hasn't changed anything in his tunes with the new "#8" issue because he knows how to tune all the parameters

pohnjarker

Established Member
i have the BAMA and BBR tune, got them when i put on my Boss Intake Manifold. i tried the BBR tune first since it was the newest one(had the BAMA before i put on the new manifold) and it does feel like it has a little more power than the BAMA tune but the driveability of the BBR tune made me go back to the BAMA tune. its hard to stay at a steady MPH on the BBR tune and it bucks a lot, also bucks more during slow driving. the BAMA tune seems more calm, drives better, but when i get on it, the power comes out. i'll have to try both next time im at the track and which one is better for that.

having said that, im still saving for a custom tune as i feel thats the only way to get the best tune for this car.

i have not tried the lund tune and probably will not. If i do get another tune to try out it will more than likely be a VMP tune but we'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread