bama vs bbr vs lund

J666Z

JohnnyZ06
Established Member
From my experience don't bother with BBR. Customers appear to be an inconvenience to them and it seems like they tune with prewritten files from other sources. I asked them if they could tone down the throttle on my tune because it was almost impossible to hold speed at 25 mph and they said: "it's either that or stock". A call to a couple of other tuners and they both said that throttle is a parameter which is adjustable, not just an on/off thing.

My tune took a week to get to me and every time I have called there they make me feel like I am keeping them from something more important. John even ignored a PM on another forum for several days. (you can see when people were online last on that forum dude!)

Not a good experience.

You basing it off of PM's not be returned in what is a timely manor?

I know I personally get over 50 PM's a day just during working hours. I don't spend all day on the forums. I do what I can to get on, but I can't always be on. I do answer phones as well as design ads for magazines... Oh and I also only work here part time. I work full time with the fire dept, so I'm not here all the time.

So if you're judging us off of a return time for PM's I'm sorry. But if you actually call, I take my time with everyone and try to make sure everyone is happy... Even if something isn't right, I do my damnedest to make it right.

J666Z

JohnnyZ06
Established Member
so you work for BBR?

Part time now... Yes.

I work full time for the Fire Dept and on my spare time I help out here at BBR now.

I've been doing their advertisements in the magazines for about a year now. But Now I'm actually in office for a few hours a week. They've helped me out, so I'm helping them out now.

ViciousJay

Established Member
You basing it off of PM's not be returned in what is a timely manor?

I know I personally get over 50 PM's a day just during working hours. I don't spend all day on the forums. I do what I can to get on, but I can't always be on. I do answer phones as well as design ads for magazines... Oh and I also only work here part time. I work full time with the fire dept, so I'm not here all the time.

So if you're judging us off of a return time for PM's I'm sorry. But if you actually call, I take my time with everyone and try to make sure everyone is happy... Even if something isn't right, I do my damnedest to make it right.

ill admitt this si 100% true, they will take 20-30 minutes to talk to you without buying anything, trust me. Getting my tune altered took a little but it was done int he same day just wished it was done more or less in the early afternoon then late but people get busy. BBR is a great.

all the tuners are great, ive had my issue with a big named one but im not gonna hate, Lund, BBR, Amazon, VMP... their all good

Last edited:

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
^^ exactly...these type of threads can become very counterproductive... there are several very competant tuners and you will not go wrong working with any of them for your tuning needs..

everyone will have different opinons based on their expereinces..since you will hear pros and cons about any tuner you just have to talk to each one and decide who will be the right fit for you..

J666Z

JohnnyZ06
Established Member
Agreed.

Every tuner that is listed in here are awesome tuners! Some do things different than others, which is what makes them human.

They all have their own way of tuning, some people prefer one over the other based off of numerous reasons. Some could be simply off of friendships or referrals from others.

But I know that VMP, BBR, Amazon, Livernois, Lund...etc... All are great tuners in their own fashion of tuning!

SKEETER_SVT01

Living it up
Established Member
This battle has and will go on forever. It's just like asking who makes a better pizza? No difference. It's all about what you want in a tune. People need to remember that every car acts different. That's why most tuner's can write from scratch which is what many do now. The #8 issue. Not one tuner I know of actually tuned with that so that's more of an urban legend. The ghost cam tune, no different then buying a C02 fake purge kit to me but was halted by Ford seeing how it was designed for the BOSS which has minor changes then the regular coyote motor.

But all in all, and as said many times in the past when mail order tuning started, it's all personal pref. I am happy with my BBR tune and wouldn't go else where. And this is because I am seeing much better gas mileage on a built 3v, power feels so much better, and the car is all around a meaner animal. Throttle response is insane and I no longer have cold start issues.

Every major tuner has done good work. All have different features with their tunes that makes it "their's" Some people like more aggressive car's then others. Some just want it to be like stock but that little umph when they want it. it's again like I said in the beginning, it's just like asking, who makes a good pizza? Domino's, Papa John's, or Pizza Hut. It's up to the person really to decide.

Last edited:

vteckiller2000

Add Lightness
Established Member
Nope. I base it off the fact that when I called I was told it would be in my email the same day. It wasn't. I feel like I am just an inconvenience to them when I talk to any one of them except Chris on the phone. Plus when I finally got it and asked for the throttle to be adjusted, they told me that it was either stock or the way they sent it, which is BS.

I know a thing of two about customer service, working in retail for over 10 years, and managing a retail shop locally currently.

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
Lund just tuned my car after the kb and I love it. Did an in person session at Evo. Lund wont disappoint

Spoolx

Established Member
Speaking of diploma's, it'd be a little reassuring to know that the same guy that can read, analyze, and write code to Ford's latest PCM can actually read (and maybe write?)...

ScreenHunter_01Apr201323.gif

http://www.blowbyracing.com/aboutus.html

A little professionalism goes a long way. Proofreading your mission statement is probably a good idea before posting it. I wouldn't trust either one of the above to successfully change a roll of toilet paper.

:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread