Bama 100 shot. Might ask for a refund.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Mentioned this already. I'm sure there was some type of deal that was made, at least I would hope so the way AM/BAMA used it as a marketing piece, which did gain them loads of attention. Just my assumption.

I'm sure it will be played off and Bama takes the cake on this one.

#YDBT FTW

AMWill

Word on the street is they had a helping hand tuning that car.......impressive none the less.

Just an FYI, BAMA had a fiasco with their last tuner, who sucked anyways with his 30 degrees of timing on 93 pump LMFAO. They hired a more knowledgeable "main" tuner, which is why you see better tunes coming out more recently. I'm still not sure if I would ever recommend them.

hmmm. my street is a long ways from there, so I certainly have not heard that till now

JPC had a helping hand with that 9 second nitrous pass. I believe the owner of JPC Justin was the actual driver as well.

Didn't Bama have another tuner helping them dial the car in? Are they taking all of the credit on this?

Mentioned this already. I'm sure there was some type of deal that was made, at least I would hope so the way AM/BAMA used it as a marketing piece, which did gain them loads of attention. Just my assumption.

Hey guys!

The car you are referencing, has always been, and has only been tuned by BAMA.

Hope this clears up some confusion.

-Will

scott_0

Established Member
I'm sure bama has tuned as many, if not more than Shaun. Apparently, they write hundreds of tunes per day. Idk if their cookie cutter tunes
hahahahahahahaha I guess they do, there is more than one of them and they don't ask for data logs until/unless you have a problem, Shaun wants to see logs BEFORE he'll even tune your car. think of it as, Shaun is a custom home builder that builds his homes from scratch pretty much, where as Bama is a pre-fabricated home builder, or double wide trailers that you simply connect two pieces together lmao

Last edited:

Sizeth3

Established Member
I have played with nitrous for years, the more hp you are making from a tune up, generally the closer the tune up is to detonating (adding timing, leaning out, etc).

On top of that, one company's 100 shot might be rated at 100 rwhp, another company's might be rated at FWHP. Check the size of the N2O jets in each setup to determine what is really going on. Be less concerned with how much RWHP a given shot will deliver, and more concerned with the total timing, window switch, WOT provisions, and other make or break stuff.

To fault a remote tuner for not wanting to put your car on the bleeding edge of safe is silly. Then we would be reading a "BAMA blew up my motor" thread shortly thereafter.

FIVEHOE

Established Member
you should get a AED tune, i recommend the NSFW tune. you know the one that calls your work and tries to get you fired.

You must be the only one on the forums who cares about that high school drama bullshit

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
You must be the only one on the forums who cares about that high school drama bullshit

He is. He also runs a bama tune and shits on AED every chance he gets.

To be expected as he is a huge troll on S197Forum and just about every post is sarcastic.

5.0liter2014

I called the tuning representatives and the guy who answered said they typically see 60-80 hp gains from a 100 shot. WTF!! I am using a nitrous outlet plate. I told him I was hoping for 500whp with my intake, test pipes, and axle backs. He said he does not see this happening. Didn't nitrous outlet make over 500 with just a timing change? Also I asked if it would support a 150 shot. He said the FUEL PUMP wouldn't support it!!!! I don't even have the tune yet and I already feel like they're idiots.. What kinds I numbers can I expect elsewhere? I REALLY wanted an AED tune but it's just ridiculous expensive for an email tune!!

I went this route in the beginning and would advise anyone to avoid the BAMA tune only because of it being a general "shelf" tune. If you really want your car to perform at its peak, it needs mapped from start to finish to see where it is lean or rich.. Etc. I found for instance on the 150 shot that my car was leaning out really bad after 6k RPM. Lean and NOS is asking for disaster. I have the plate system on mine and like you I had a similar experience with lower HP output than expected. On the 100 shot I had a gain of 475 RWHp from the stock output of 401 RWHP and with the 150, I had a gain of 525 RWHP. I was disappointed, but thought about the fuel situation, I put a BOSS 302 intake on with a Ford Racing 90MM TB. I also relocated the fuel solenoid closer to the plate and shorten the fuel hose by 2ft. This helped with fuel pressure and the leaning issue. I got a great return, with 543 RWHP with the 100 shot and 591 RWHP with the 150. I also went from 401 to 441 without the bottle. Now I have clutch issues, due to it slipping on a couple of the 150 shot pulls. I am hoping that means I am in the 600hp range with a good clutch. Hope this helps. Let me know if there are any other questions about this install. Remember, there are a TON of safety precautions you want to take with this install. Make sure you research before you commit. It is a BOMB waiting to blow up. Bottle pressure can reach 900psi.

Users who are viewing this thread