Bad Accident - I'm OK but car is wrecked...

hockeypuck_74

Established Member
Originally posted by 03'Darin
That's the right attitude.

Glad your OK.

Here are the best things to come out of your wreck:
-you weren't hurt
-your car was totaled (you won't have to deal with a repaired car)
-the resale values have not been affected by the rebates yet (so your total loss amount should be pretty decent)
-You will have a $2500 rebat if you buy another Cobra before the end of the month (you are buying another Cobra....right....you didn't have any head injuries.)

Darin:thumbsup:

No doubt. That's a great attitude - and thanks to the person who realizes that trying to take advantage of the insurance company just gives it to the rest of us in the pooper.

Very glad you're okay - and glad to see these things can take some abuse and protect what's really important - it's passengers.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wow! Glad you're okay. Looks like you got hit in a "good" spot. A bit further back and it wouldn't have been pretty. It is especially sobering because my car is the same color. Hope everything works out well for you.

Just a word of advise. It wouldn't hurt to talk to a lawyer. Sometimes a back/spine injury doesn't show up for a week or more. Once the insurance company settles you're on your own at that point. I know you're just happy you weren't hurt, but protect yourself. To me that's a given. The insurance company will want to pay out as little as they have to. It would be different if the insurance company sincerely wanted to compensate you fairly so that you at least break even, but that won't happen. You might pay a deductible and your car might not be appraised as high as you hope. Just some things to consider.

caveman6666

V8 Ford, V Twin Hogs.
Established Member
Wow! Glad you're OK. Hope they total it and give a decent settlement.

realsmith

Wally World or Bust
Established Member
Glad you are OK. You have exactly the right attitude. Hope to see you back here soon.

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
Originally posted by Juiced-03
Pain and suffering

Bullsh!t!!!!

This fella is doing the right thing. He says he is not hurt. I feel greatly for him that he lost his pride and joy. It would for sure ruin my day. But a worthless piece of sh!t is the only type of person that would sue when they are not injured. That is why we have to deal with outrageous insurance costs these days. I have no respect for anyone that does those kind of things. They mean nothing to me and should die. If you are hurt then that is a different story. I have bee in the front car of an 8 car pile up. Yes it was like getting rearended 7 times! I was hurt for weeks. Did I even think of sueing anyone>??? Nope. There was no need, I was brought up better then that.

Andorion, sorry you lost your car. But all that matters is that you were not hurt. I hope the insurance company does the right thing and you get another car fast. Best of luck, -Mat-

RedfireVenom

11 Second Vert Club
Established Member
Glad to see you are ok after looking at those pics.

My brother was sued by a lady who said that he hit her while she was parked. She said that he backed into her while parking and she had neck problems or something. My brother has never even seen this woman. Apparently she took his license plate number down and description of the car at some point and filed a police report. There wasn't even any damage on my brothers car anywhere. A week later we get a letter from her lawyer asking for money for damages and medical bills. My brother knew nothing about this alleged accident until he got this letter in the mail. My brother called his insurance company and they fought for him. After about 6 months, the charges were dropped. This lady thought my brother had money because he had a nice car, and was just trying to extort money from him.

Last edited:

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
He might have cracked his skull on a rollbar in that wreck. Steel bars in the interior of your car are only a good idea if you are wearing a helmet.

rust0r

Established Member
that sucks but it could have been way worse tho.. go to know those cars are pretty solid, good to hear you're ok

good luck gettin a new one!

maoun

Established Member
or if they're out of reach of your head...i'm short and CANNOT hit my rollcage...which is padded pretty well either way

m.

CobraRLC

Established Member
berj,
Thank goodness you are okay. I had no idea.....be sure to play hardball with the insurance companies....drop us a line if you need a hand. All of SoCal Terminators are there for you......

Tony_Montana87

BANNED!
Damn man thank god your ok. that sucks i sure would be pissed if that happend to any of my cars.

Could you really thit a roll bar if you had your seat belt on? im 6ft but havent driving in a vert with a bar. Just had a flash what if i was in a vert cruising with my boyz in a vert with no roll bar and NO SEAT BELT!! out of no where some ricer hits me! i highly doubt i would be here right now if that were to happen. But at least your ok, man this makes me remember to wear my seat belt every time.

So the car hit you at 60? Thats a lot of damage for 60 MPH but then again it is fiberglass, not like back in the days with the nice 100% metal cars lol, but i would rather my car take the damage then me.

Man sorry to hear that about your car dude, ya you should get ur insurance money and get that cobra as quick as possible.

Many of my friends have crashed, and they are just terrified of driving again, i hope your not scared i think i would be scared of driving after a crash. sorry to hear about your car man, nasty pics but at least no serious enjuries.

valdo's toy

Established Member
Really glad to hear that you're ok, remember that it's only a material thing that can be replaced, I myself has had this kind of experience and can only tell you to be pacient, you will have another T-3 ,and give god a huge thanks for your health. Take care and hope to hear news from you really soon, good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup: :rolling:

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Originally posted by 94SVT Coupe
He might have cracked his skull on a rollbar in that wreck. Steel bars in the interior of your car are only a good idea if you are wearing a helmet.

The only way my head could hit my rollbar would be if the car turned upside down. The loop tracks the top with about 1/4 inch of clearance and sits well behind the seat back. I'd be interested in hearing from the last person injured by his/her rollbar in an accident (NBA centers do not need to respond ...) ;-)
JW

But back on topic, Berj, I also appreciate that you are not trying to turn the accident into some form of winning lottery ticket. Just get checked out carefully before concluding an accident of that magnitude did nothing to you, and don't get hosed.
We all look forward to seeing you at an SVT event again.
JW

snakeeyes99

SVT Poster
Established Member
Very sorry to hear about your situation. Glad that you are ok.

I'm going to be selfish here. I've been looking around for a 3rd brake light for my 03 cobra wing. If you are selling it from your car, please let me know. I don't know your insurance is going to care if you start parting out the car. I'm sure that there are other parts vultures out there as well : )

Please - no flames here guys - I am sorry for your situation and am truly glad that you are ok. Let us know if you get a new ride.

Last edited:

Andorion

ÆNIMAL
Established Member
I'm pretty sure the car's totaled - I haven't heard from the insurance yet but I've spoken to the guy at the shop. As such, afaik the insurance basically does what they want with the car, I can't sell pieces off it, sorry!

I am gonna yoink my tri-ax and, unless the insurance pays for it, the exhaust off the car, though. Do you guys think the exhaust is still ok? The damage didn't reach that part of the car, but could the shock of the impact itself have damaged it?

~Berj

Users who are viewing this thread