background check gone bad

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
This happened to me back in 2001 when I got into the insurance business. Company ran a background check and called me to advise that I had multiple warrants for my arrest and a long arrest record. The company that did the background check sent me a copy of the report, which showed they had me mixed up with someone else. I ended calling several sheriffs departments to make sure I did not have any warrants and come to find out the criminal profile they pulled was for my twin brother. I ended up getting a letter from the two sheriffs departments advising that the background check was on my brother and not me. they also enclosed my clean report showing I was not a fugitive and I got the job without any problems. I had to jump through a bunch of hoops for 3 or 4 days, but it got cleared up pretty quick. My brother on the other hand ended up getting busted about a year later and sat in the county jail for about 6 months.

Do you still talk to him?

mavericks-03svt

Established Member
Do you still talk to him?

no, unfortunately he died 2 years ago. All of his addictions and extra circular activities caught up with him. Before he died we spoke briefly only a few times in about 10 years. Pretty sad really. In the end, I forgave him for all the crap he did and wish things ended up differently.

Users who are viewing this thread