Back in a c6 zr1! Pics inside:

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
im sure his zr1 is faster than the gtr if it was stock my bolton z06 at 500rwh steadly walks away from my buddies 2014 stock gtr

+1

My gtr has boltons and feels no where near as fast as my 575 rwhp c6z from a roll. From a dig to 120? Totally different story

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks guys. The GTR is a great car with amazing tech. and a lot of fun on the street and 1/4.... but overall just not the car for me. I consider myself a pretty decent driver and I missed that feeling of a raw RWD 6spd car and having to know what you're doing behind the wheel in order to go straight.

Totally understand why you did it. The GTR is a beast but I'd personally prefer the ZR1, too, for the exact reasons you stated. I could definitely enjoy a GTR, though. :)

blk03stang

Established Member
I love the wheel choice! The Cup wheels are one of my favorite Vette wheels.

Thank you, mine too. It took me 3 weeks to find these exact cup wheels. The silver/polished finish is very rare! I did love my black cups on my white zr1, but when I was rocking them over 2 years ago not a lot of people were, now they are everywhere. I always like to change it up... Plus the cups are 5.5lbs lighter per wheel than the chrome OEM zr1 wheel.

congrats. lookin good so far. what else do you have planned?

Thank you. I am planning a nice little build for this car, Ported Snout, Ported Blower, Pulley, Injectors, plugs, long tubes, fuel system with flex fuel, tune. Possibly blower cam down the road... I want to get the car trapping 145mph in the 1/4.

Drop, tint, blacked out tails and sidemarkers, and Cup wheels. Anything else I'm missing? Looks fantastic!

New tires all the way around, INVO's. Changed all the fluids, put a new OEM driver seat in it (orginal one showed a little ware), changed all the black plastic trim pieces on the car, installed LED's for parking lights/day time running lights, installed cooler t-stat, mild to wild old school switch on the dead pedal. So yes you pretty much nailed it, but I figured I would share the stuff I did you can't see too. I am a little OCD with my cars LOL! :lol:

Being as polite as I can. I hate you. :)

LOL, thank you for being polite!

Awesome car. Stance, color and wheels are perfect.

So, what car is faster from 40-140??? Is the GTR stock?

My GTR is not stock, but still has stock turbos. It makes over 640whp. So right now my GTR is quicker. However once I sell my GTR and start modding my zr1 it wont be a contest.

Looks great Matt! Nice choice!

Thank you sir!

Damn great look zr1.. But damn it's slammed. You have any rubbing issues? Pulley/tune/exhaust in future?

No rubbing at all. I slam all my cars, I just drive carefully.

Subtle changes, but man it looks amazing!

Thank you! I always say its all about the little stuff IMO.

+1

My gtr has boltons and feels no where near as fast as my 575 rwhp c6z from a roll. From a dig to 120? Totally different story

Good point, my GTR with making 640whp is very quick from a dig but once I build/mod my zr1 it should be pretty nasty!

Thanks to everyone else who posted up as well! I truly appreciate it!!!

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
New tires all the way around, INVO's. Changed all the fluids, put a new OEM driver seat in it (orginal one showed a little ware), changed all the black plastic trim pieces on the car, installed LED's for parking lights/day time running lights, installed cooler t-stat, mild to wild old school switch on the dead pedal. So yes you pretty much nailed it, but I figured I would share the stuff I did you can't see too. I am a little OCD with my cars LOL! :lol:

That's what I wanted to know lol. Good choice on the finish of the wheels. Really pops along with that JSB paint. :thumbsup:

Detoxx03

El Cucuy
Established Member
Love this upgrade. The cup wheels are on the money besides that chrome just looks bad. Check out KP Racings upgraded heat exchanger they are using on their 1000+rwhp ZR1.

VegasMichael

Established Member
So you're dumping one supermodel for another....

Kind of like trading the brunette for the blonde.

Or the Asian for the American.

The ZR1 is on my watch list. Black for me since I already have two cars in blue. I like the wheels on your car and hope it runs well for you.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks guys. The GTR is a great car with amazing tech. and a lot of fun on the street and 1/4.... but overall just not the car for me. I consider myself a pretty decent driver and I missed that feeling of a raw RWD 6spd car and having to know what you're doing behind the wheel in order to go straight.

It is nice to see a raw car enthusiast. I think cars like the Lambos and GTRs are amazing pieces of technology. My problem is that cars are getting too bland when it comes to driving. They take too much of the feel away. I prefer a mechanical over hydraulic clutch and a cable operated throttle over drive by wire. As much fun as a high hp Lambos or GTR would be, I think a big power Cobra just does more to excite me. Can't wait to see what you do with the car.

TheHitman™

Established Member
I think this is more of a lateral change than an upgrade. Nice change up though.

I don't think I would get rid of my GT-R for a ZR1 though.

CalcVictim

Resident douchenozzle
Established Member
gorgeous car, love the wheels and the drop

I always see this and wonder why do the wheel cutout not conform to a circular shape
if you look at
http://i58.tinypic.com/30c3hu8.jpg

the rear look odd when the car is so low, if the fender cutout was more like the front it would look much nicer

Mustangs have the same issue going on in the front.....just wanted to know if there is a reason

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
I like the white ZR1 you had more but at least you're back to another one lol. I didnt even know you had the GTR lol. What happened to the Viper?

Users who are viewing this thread