Axle Back # 952 on the way...LOL.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
In my opinion, and after having the GT500s on my car twice...the JBA are not as loud as the GT500s. They are, however, deeper and more authoritative.

Mike

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
Mike this sounds great! Cant you tell any SOTP gain with this free flowing 3inch axle back compared to the gt500's?

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Mike this sounds great! Cant you tell any SOTP gain with this free flowing 3inch axle back compared to the gt500's?

Well, before I had the JBAs on the car, I was running around with Pype Bombs for about a week. They are muffler deletes and I doubt anything is going to outflow them. I don't think you will feel much difference between these and GT500s. My best 1/4 mile times were cut with GT500s.

Mike

chao5.0

Established Member
how was the craftsmanship on them when installed compared to others? i read that the JBA's fit like crap, i wanted to get a set until i read that, i had JBA on my GTO and it sounded perfect.

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
Definitely going to consider picking up a set. Worried they may be too quiet with the factory resonators in though. I'm currently setup with O/R X and Roushes.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
So how loud do you think a gt500/offroad Hpipe with NO cam tune will be? I don't want my car loud at all, just a nice rumble.

Louder than the JBA, but not as deep.

how was the craftsmanship on them when installed compared to others? i read that the JBA's fit like crap, i wanted to get a set until i read that, i had JBA on my GTO and it sounded perfect.

They fit better than any aftermarket mufflers I have tried yet. This includes, Roush, Pypes, Dynomax and MAC. The fit is comparable to the GT500s. Also, they are smaller than the GT500s, have a semi-polish and can barely be seen when looking from behind the car.

Definitely going to consider picking up a set. Worried they may be too quiet with the factory resonators in though. I'm currently setup with O/R X and Roushes.

Well, they will be much more quiet than Roush. The Roush are actually amplifiers, I don't think they quiet the exhaust at all.

Mike

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
I currently like the volume of my O/R X and Roush, I don't think it's as loud as many make it out to be but then again loud is relative. However, I have currently started doing more highway driving and with my 3.31s, at 60-65 in 6th I'm getting more droning than I'd prefer. I wish there was a valved exhaust setup out for these cars. Maybe I'll look into working on something.

Sof Top

boost junkie!
Established Member
So in your experience the JBA's are are Louder than the GT500's or quieter!?
I have GT500's w/ catted 3" H & No resonators.......and I want it a tad bit louder. But NOT ROUSH Loud!

I downloaded a Decibel app on my phone and gonna try it tonight to see what it is....all you guys should do the same thing so we can compare!

1. Hold it roughly 12" from exhaust tip
2. start the car and see what it initially rates.
3. reset the decibel meter and then rev the car to 3k RPM
4. reset the decibel meter adn rev to 6k RPM

5. MOST IMPORTANT: Report the results! LOL
Hard to say, beacuase I went GT500's w/ OR X, then Pypes w/ O/R X, then the Roush and now the JBA's...So I will have to try that app.

Sof Top

boost junkie!
Established Member
I currently like the volume of my O/R X and Roush, I don't think it's as loud as many make it out to be but then again loud is relative. However, I have currently started doing more highway driving and with my 3.31s, at 60-65 in 6th I'm getting more droning than I'd prefer. I wish there was a valved exhaust setup out for these cars. Maybe I'll look into working on something.

I liked the OR X Roush setup very much. However, I am a night owl and just feel bad for my neighbors when I do a cold starts at 11pm...lol

Last edited:

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
Louder than the JBA, but not as deep.

They fit better than any aftermarket mufflers I have tried yet. This includes, Roush, Pypes, Dynomax and MAC. The fit is comparable to the GT500s. Also, they are smaller than the GT500s, have a semi-polish and can barely be seen when looking from behind the car.

Well, they will be much more quiet than Roush. The Roush are actually amplifiers, I don't think they quiet the exhaust at all.

Mike

Do you think the GT500's could be polished by hand or would I be better served to paint them black?

Has every exhaust combo you have tried always made the popping noise?

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
I liked the OR X Roush setup very much. However, I am a night owl, and just feel bad for my neighbors when I do a cold starts at 11pm...lol

I don't have neighbors close enough, 5 acres of property surrounded by fields, so I'm not worried about offending anyone. I'm just a bit tired of the slight drone on the highway to and from work, but don't want the car to sound neutered like it did stock. Do you still have the factory resonators? Do you find this setup too quiet coming off of the Roushes?

Sof Top

boost junkie!
Established Member
I don't have neighbors close enough, 5 acres of property surrounded by fields, so I'm not worried about offending anyone. I'm just a bit tired of the slight drone on the highway to and from work, but don't want the car to sound neutered like it did stock. Do you still have the factory resonators? Do you find this setup too quiet coming off of the Roushes?

Yes I have the factory resonators. I didnt think it was too quiet coming from the Roushes. It still has that "you can clearly tell its an aftermarket exhaust" sound.

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
You Know what....I have never seen a GT500 muffler cut in two!
I'd love to see how it is layed out inside...it's obviously NOT straight through like the JBAs are! Someone want to cut thiers open and share the results!?

I always wondered if using a 3/4" hole saw and sticking it up the tip to cut out some of the material would give a bit louder sound!? hmmmmm

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Do you think the GT500's could be polished by hand or would I be better served to paint them black?

Has every exhaust combo you have tried always made the popping noise?

I would paint them. The popping is a function of the tune, more precisely the cam position in the tune. It does not matter what exhaust I use.

Mike

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
There is, the Dynomax VT system is available for these cars.

Mike

Not really what I was talking about, but thanks for the heads up. I was thinking more along the lines of an electronically actuated flapper. Like the Vettes, VWs, and others.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Not really what I was talking about, but thanks for the heads up. I was thinking more along the lines of an electronically actuated flapper. Like the Vettes, VWs, and others.

Well, the VT opens after a certain level of exhaust velocity is achieved, it is the best you are going to get.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread