Axle Back # 952 on the way...LOL.

mikestoyz

Established Member
Those jbas with x pipe are deeper than my h with gt500s. Mike pulled next to me at the gas station Friday. He started up and had low end I didn't have. When he left, I could hear the exotic sound of the x. It sounded great.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
Those jbas with x pipe are deeper than my h with gt500s. Mike pulled next to me at the gas station Friday. He started up and had low end I didn't have. When he left, I could hear the exotic sound of the x. It sounded great.

I love the sound of X pipes. I can't wait to hear these cars in person in a couple months!

Strpperpolef150

Established Member
The best for the lope was hands down the Roush with no cats and no resonators. As soon as I added the bullets, it cut down on that staccato chop that a mostly hollow exhaust system had. I will be glad to load up the lope and cut a video. I don't expect it to be super impressive with these mufflers, since they are quiet, but you never know.

The lope does sound pretty bad ass on Strpperpole's car with the Borlas.

Mike

lol thanks man. I received so many compliments driving around on the lope tune that week.

Here's a vid that doesn't really do it justice for everyone else
2012 Mustang GT AED Cam Tune - YouTube

burke985

Established Member
I think that sounds better than the first video i saw that you made.Videos never do exhaust full justice though. Sounds good :thumbsup:

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Thanks guys. I will see if I can get a driveaway and fly-by done next. Maybe today....although the Saints are playing and I have the second half of my headgasket swap on the 408 to finish.

Mike

Sof Top

boost junkie!
Established Member
Mike you got me sold on these, I just ordered them from latemodelresto, they have them alot cheaper than everyone else. I love my catless Roush AB, but they just got TOO LOUD for me...lol

dynasty_365

Established Member
I may have to look into these cuz when I go FI I know ima have to get an offroad pipe and I don't think ima like my outlaws with an offroad pipe. They already too loud. Started my car the other night to head to work and my friend who lives a block over said he was in his house with the radio blasting and still heard me start my car up

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Mike you got me sold on these, I just ordered them from latemodelresto, they have them alot cheaper than everyone else. I love my catless Roush AB, but they just got TOO LOUD for me...lol

You will like them. Also, they have started to wake up a little in terms of volume. Either that, or I have grown accustomed to them so they are starting to sound louder. Still pretty quiet and deep though. They are the perfect volume for me.

Mike

D.T.R

Established Member
I'm rocking the Lethal O/R H with FlowMasters American Thunders and I love them. They're a little louder than the gt500s i believe.

Sof Top

boost junkie!
Established Member
You will like them. Also, they have started to wake up a little in terms of volume. Either that, or I have grown accustomed to them so they are starting to sound louder. Still pretty quiet and deep though. They are the perfect volume for me.

Mike

I got my JBA's in tonight, installed and then went for a drive. My very first impression was that they were deeper than the roush, but with alot less volume(which mainly what I was looking for). Then cruising and going thru the gears was awesome. Nice deep mellow tone, kind of reminded me of my '90 LX Hatch 5.0, needless to say I was pretty stoked! I have an A6 w/ paxton so in the low rpms its deep, but I can now hear the blower a little more. Now for WOT, I dont know how to describe it, excepet that I love it. I would pick JBA's over the GT500s any day! I have a O/R Xpipe and stock resinators, so I'd have to say this is one of the better combos out there. I can post vids, but from watching Mike's vids, they sound WAY better in person. :rockon:

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
I got my JBA's in tonight, installed and then went for a drive. My very first impression was that they were deeper than the roush, but with alot less volume(which mainly what I was looking for). Then cruising and going thru the gears was awesome. Nice deep mellow tone, kind of reminded me of my '90 LX Hatch 5.0, needless to say I was pretty stoked! I have an A6 w/ paxton so in the low rpms its deep, but I can now hear the blower a little more. Now for WOT, I dont know how to describe it, excepet that I love it. I would pick JBA's over the GT500s any day! I have a O/R Xpipe and stock resinators, so I'd have to say this is one of the better combos out there. I can post vids, but from watching Mike's vids, they sound WAY better in person. :rockon:

Excellent. :rockon:

Holy shit Mike. You're still doing this?

Lol.

LOL, of course. However, I think I am done now. ;-)

Mike

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
...... I would pick JBA's over the GT500s any day! ....:

So in your experience the JBA's are are Louder than the GT500's or quieter!?
I have GT500's w/ catted 3" H & No resonators.......and I want it a tad bit louder. But NOT ROUSH Loud!

I downloaded a Decibel app on my phone and gonna try it tonight to see what it is....all you guys should do the same thing so we can compare!

1. Hold it roughly 12" from exhaust tip
2. start the car and see what it initially rates.
3. reset the decibel meter and then rev the car to 3k RPM
4. reset the decibel meter adn rev to 6k RPM

5. MOST IMPORTANT: Report the results! LOL

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread