Axle Back # 952 on the way...LOL.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Axle Back # 952 (JBA) on the way...LOL. NOW INSTALLED.

After my brief flirtation with the 2 chamber Flows, I went back to stockers. Just too quiet. So, I have been running the Pype Bombs that I got for the track for about a week. Just a bit too much for a DD. I ordered some JBA's today, since I have always wanted to try them.

I will have them on tomorrow. Info and vids to follow.

I am such a muffler junkie. LOL.

Mike

EDIT:

JBAs are installed. They are much quieter than I expected and of better quality than JBA has shown through pictures. They are lightly polished, have great welds and great tips. They were extremely easy to install and line up. I would characterize the sound as similar to the GT500s in terms of volume (maybe even a tad quieter). However, they have better tips and are much better looking mufflers. These are a great alternative to GT500s for guys that don't want to have the same mufflers as everyone else. I am really happy I tried these as they have a sweet tone and are not brutally loud.

Video:

2012 Mustang GT 5.0 with JBA Axleback Start and Rev Up with High Quality Sound - YouTube

JBA-1.jpg

JBA-2.jpg

JBA-3.jpg

Last edited:

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
i bet youve spent the same in axle backs as i did on my '13 :lol1:

LOL, I sell off the ones that don't work...and never spend more than $400 new.

I may have another on the way too lol.

You may be worse than me! And, you buy expensive ones. LOL.

lol you louisiana boys have a strange obsession with exhaust! Cant wait for the vids!

Because we don't have the TUBES, man! You do, so you have the sound. I am going to have to break down and get the damn headers.

Mike

corruptor

Established Member
You're like me, except I do that with suspension. I thought you were content with the GT500/resonator deletes?

burke985

Established Member
If those don't work for you I have a set of hushpowers doing nothing you're welcome to try

5bites

Established Member
Look forward to the videos and review Mike!

I wish there was a car local with hushpowers. I'd like to hear them and see what they sound like with my cam tune.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
Still rolling my flowmasters iv had since the car was new. Long tubes make a huge difference in sounds. Car sounds so much smoother now.

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
Why the switch from the Flowmasters? Just for something different? I thought you were of the impression that you found the best sound?

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
If those don't work for you I have a set of hushpowers doing nothing you're welcome to try

Sounds like a plan.

Lol this wont be the last new exhaust for mike

Probably not. LOL.

Mine? lol Btw I might have some free time this weekend to meet up at mikes

I will be there, doing head gaskets on the 408. I a soooooo looking forward to that. :bored:

If it's to loud the JBA high flow cats make every catback sound better.

I have no cats.

Why the switch from the Flowmasters? Just for something different? I thought you were of the impression that you found the best sound?

The sound started to bug me. I got tons of compliments on them, but there was something under part throttle that sounded ratty. Eh, I will hang on to them for later.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread