Axle Back # 952 on the way...LOL.

5pointohh

ballin' on a budget
Established Member
Mike - did you say you have a pair of GT500's stashed away? Want to trade them for a american thunder axleback? powder coated black, with 4" chrome tips? they may have 3k miles on them now...LMK

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Mike - did you say you have a pair of GT500's stashed away? Want to trade them for a american thunder axleback? powder coated black, with 4" chrome tips? they may have 3k miles on them now...LMK

No, I don't. I have a set of stock mufflers, Flowmasters and Pype Bombs.

Mike

86merc

Established Member
Mike, What do you have for over the axle pipes? And what diameter? Thanks

Last edited:

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Don't sound too bad. Can we get some drive-bys or some clips?

If I have time this weekend I will do some more videos, including in-car WOT with the microphone on the license plate.

Mike, What do you have for over the axle pipes? And what diameter? Thanks

I have stock over-axle pipes with 3 inch Race Bullets welded in as resonators. I also have a Pypes 3 inch X pipe and Jeg's cat deletes.

DSInstall.jpg

Mike

Last edited:

5bites

Established Member
If you do another video would you mind doing a lope tune one? Maybe add your thoughts compared to gt500's at idle. The gt500's just don't have a good sound with a lope tune.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
The best for the lope was hands down the Roush with no cats and no resonators. As soon as I added the bullets, it cut down on that staccato chop that a mostly hollow exhaust system had. I will be glad to load up the lope and cut a video. I don't expect it to be super impressive with these mufflers, since they are quiet, but you never know.

The lope does sound pretty bad ass on Strpperpole's car with the Borlas.

Mike

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
lol LT's cats and no catback cam tune. my wife came out and gave me an ear full. :banana:

[youtube_browser]9DplxDC7vFQ[/youtube_browser]

5bites

Established Member
The best for the lope was hands down the Roush with no cats and no resonators. As soon as I added the bullets, it cut down on that staccato chop that a mostly hollow exhaust system had. I will be glad to load up the lope and cut a video. I don't expect it to be super impressive with these mufflers, since they are quiet, but you never know.

The lope does sound pretty bad ass on Strpperpole's car with the Borlas.

Mike

Thanks man. I appreciate it. The kooks sounded good in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=Ao64l35vsSE

Almost nice enough to make me ditch my gt500's. I wonder if it doesn't have something to do with a straight throw design? The corsas sound good with a lope to but crap I'd like to be able to hear myself think when I drive.

Users who are viewing this thread