AWD Performance Car

whiplash306

Established Member
GH1086 said:
Trapping at only 102MPH you won't be showing any F-Bodies or C6's your tail lights.
If I had money for everytime I heard that...ha! Rather deceiving though, huh? I can't explain it myself...beyond requiring shifting through 5 gears to hit the quarter mark and inexperience with AWD launches! Guess all you have is my word (for what it's worth). Regardless, I'm certainly not out to prove anything to anyone, beyond a suggestion for a good car and it's potential!

Last edited:

Mika

Established Member
whiplash306 said:
It's amazing the difference felt when you open the exhaust a bit on an otherwise stock STi...catless downpipe, headers and shortram/cai and you'll move out pretty decently. There have been MANY SS's and C6's that have seen my tail lights on top end pulls!!!

That said...for AWD purposes...STi all the way...power, comfort and above all...RELIABILITY!!!

I had a Java Black STi myself, and I loved it. Just getting a flash opens up the bottom end nicely. The exhaust helps out up on top. I went with the Accessport, simple yet effective. Wicked car for what it is.

Mika

whiplash306

Established Member
whiplash306 said:
It's amazing the difference felt when you open the exhaust a bit on an otherwise stock STi...catless downpipe, headers and shortram/cai and you'll move out pretty decently. There have been MANY SS's and C6's that have seen my tail lights on top end pulls!!!

That said...for AWD purposes...STi all the way...power, comfort and above all...RELIABILITY!!!
I just realized that I put C6's....what a dip (ha)....definately meant to say C5's....
Mika said:
I had a Java Black STi myself, and I loved it. Just getting a flash opens up the bottom end nicely. The exhaust helps out up on top. I went with the Accessport, simple yet effective. Wicked car for what it is.
Yeah, without a doubt, and as much as I almost hate to say it, it has been the most fun, all around car, I have EVER owned.....and certainly the most reliable....50k miles and not ONE problem!!! :rockon:

Shake&Bake

1998 Triple Black Cobra
Established Member
Not to offend anyone, but the STi interior is crap...if I had 40k to spend on a car it won't be a Subaru. Not that the Mustang interior is much better, but at least they have a little bit of style.

Mika

Established Member
I forgot to mention the Legacy GT, but that's more of a family sedan than a performance car. Those things still can get though...

Most of the money that went into the STi went into the drivetrain. Interior upgrades fell by the wayside, no doubt. I also think they missed the mark on the exterior as well(for the '06).

Mika

kball

Banned
I never really paid to much attention to the STi. I've always like the Evo though, but after a little looking around, I like the STi so it seems more. It's cheaper than the MR by 3-4K and more hp. The Evo may be faster in the turns, but I, like most, won't be able to push the car that far to know/feel the difference. I think it looks more subtle a little bit too. JMHO.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I drove an STI and really liked it...
Older GSX Eclipse are a deal and a half and modded run great!!
Audi RS4 = :bowdown:
also
Porsche GT3.. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004...ryZ10156QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

8f_4.JPG

IE Evo

Established Member
kball83 said:
I never really paid to much attention to the STi. I've always like the Evo though, but after a little looking around, I like the STi so it seems more. It's cheaper than the MR by 3-4K and more hp. The Evo may be faster in the turns, but I, like most, won't be able to push the car that far to know/feel the difference. I think it looks more subtle a little bit too. JMHO.
The new Evo 9 is faster period. Underated whp, 30+ more than the 03-04 8s. The new turbo and Mivec will have u doing low low 12s maybe 12 flat with exhaust and tuning. The lightened RS is runnin high 12s at 105+mph stock. Many MRs/GSRs are trappin 103+ mph stock and running low 13s . The Sti has a small turbo in comparison and w/o a turbo upgrade has no chance against a properly tuned Evo. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread