AWD Performance Car

kball

Banned
If you were to have one vehicle, it being an AWD, what would you get and why? Take into account price, performance, looks, modability, dependability, etc. I think I would rock a 04-05 Audi S4. What about you guys/girls?

Boosted97

I wish I had a Cobra
Established Member
i own what i would want :D no, if i was filthy rich, lambo also or the audi rs6. but for a normal person the sti, cheaper then that the evo.

Bootbox

Established Member
Well, there seems to be quite a few high HP Evos out there right now, tearing shit up. I saw a video on streetfire last night of an Evo spanking a Cobra on skinnies and slicks, the guy just gave up after the Evo jumped out 3 lengths on the launch and never slowed his pull. It was impressive to say the least. I like the way the Sti looks more (pre 06 ugly facelift that is) so it'd be a tough call in the end.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Definitely an Evo. I am looking at used Evo's and WRX's right now because I think I'd rather have something that is AWD and handles better than my stang. Gonna be hard to lose the V8 rumble though.

Mika

Established Member
sunburned said:
Definitely an Evo. I am looking at used Evo's and WRX's right now because I think I'd rather have something that is AWD and handles better than my stang. Gonna be hard to lose the V8 rumble though.

Stick with your Cobra. You can upgrade the suspension for less than $2k. You'll miss the boost like a mofo.

I came from an STi, to a Lightning. I love the L, but some days I miss the STi. But not enough to get rid of my L.

FWIW, AWD under $40k. It'd be an STi. I've heard too many reliability issues with the Audi, and I'd hate to work on the Mitsu(especially when the stock clutch goes). I guess I've gotten used to working on boxer engines. They're not that bad once you get used to 'em.

Mika

Users who are viewing this thread