Avoid JJ @ Woodbine Motorsports

Status
Not open for further replies.

beef97

Established Member
wow that's quite the ride you got taken on there! I dealt with Monty from JMS through phone and email and everything was great. I had my car previously email tuned from Tasca and couldn't stand it. My RPM's would drop verrrrrry slowly and I hated driving the car. The tuner told me that was the best he could do. Monty had it fixed with one email tune. Loved it ever since. Trust the guys that have a proven track record and you'll be fine! Good luck!

Lone Star

Established Member
I'll vouch for Keith's (PhillyLS1) integrity. I was there when he talked to him on the phone in MB and it was my Mach 1 he was helping me rip the motor out of last night.

Edit:

dyno says 1.06 correction factor. That's 516 rwhp SAE.

I can also vouch for Keith's integrity, though I wasn't there last night. All he is asking for is honesty and that he gets what he paid for. and Not have his car slower then it was custom tuned, and with all sorts of driveability issues.

Hopefully JJ will make it right, I actually considered taking mine to him for custom tune. we'll see how this all plays out.

Dasaliac03

TWINscrewed
Established Member
The only issues I have with this is he a member here so he can defend himself? If so carry on.

There is currently 36 GUESTS viewing this thread, whos to say one of them isn't JJ @ Woodbine Motorsports?

So what if he cant post in the thread, if he reads any of this thread he SHOULD CONTACT THE OP and make things right, regardless of the situation.

Sucks OP, i would be furious if it was me in your shoes! :fm:

chrisheltra

Established Member
There is currently 36 GUESTS viewing this thread, whos to say one of them isn't JJ @ Woodbine Motorsports?

So what if he cant post in the thread, if he reads any of this thread he SHOULD CONTACT THE OP and make things right, regardless of the situation.

Sucks OP, i would be furious if it was me in your shoes! :fm:

No need to get excited. Im just asking a simple question.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Pretty sure woodbine is a member here.

Sorry this had to happen to you, OP. Hopefully things are made right.

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
I would have called local PD to have them meet you at location for a civil stand by to collect property

Posted via Topify using Android

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
Didn't read all the posts but I had a similar issue with jj and my lightning. Truck wouldn't even run and he told me I installed my maf incorrectly. Tool bag. Got with Rick at amazon and it ran perfectly on the first tune.

Dasaliac03

TWINscrewed
Established Member
No need to get excited. Im just asking a simple question.

ah, wasn't excited...............sorry if the all capps portrayed it that way.

Just hope OP can get things straight, read through most of his posts again and it sounds and looks (from the cell phone screen shots) that he got the "run around" because someone was in a hurry to get to an event

PhillyLS1

Established Member
The only issues I have with this is he a member here so he can defend himself? If so carry on.

I'm not sure how you can defend that dyno sheet.

I am now, still willing to take my car up there, to prove there's nothing wrong with it mechanically (but I got hung up on). I'd almost bet that if we put JJ's tune as it sits vs. the Vortech tune it would make more power.

I'm even more willing to put a bet down that if I take it to another tuner, that they could beat 516 SAE. I'll go out to the car right now, film the mileage, film me loading the car onto the trailer, and then me taking it to where ever to prove I did nothing malicious. I just would like a refund or at least a partial.

I'll put $100.00 towards charity if I'm wrong.

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
I would have called local PD to have them meet you at location for a civil stand by to collect property

What is there to collect? This is software.

His money. You would be amazed at how many small claims court cases can be avoided with a simple piece of police presence.

Last edited:

PhillyLS1

Established Member
His money. You would be amazed at how many small claims court cases can be avoided with a simple piece of police presence.

I have to wait 30 days from the time the charge was entered into the credit card system before I can dispute the charge.

If there's no resolution there, I can proceed with small claims.

The dispute between JJ and I is civil. For a civil court. I work in LE. Calling an officer is just going to waste tax payer's money.

I have an abundance of evidence to provide the credit card company. I'm confident this can be worked out without a poor patrol officer being called into a Mustang argument.

loud_silver_5.0

Established Member
I work in law enforcement. I can't do stuff like that.

I really don't want to. I just want my money back so that I can get a proper tune. I know this guy has a family and stuff, and I hate doing this. But he ripped me off.

The third was more of an extreme and a joke lol. But maybe you can call JDM. He just did a vortech and got over 600whp out of it. I think they can email tune also with datalogs.

SR81

is Coke slangin
Established Member
Didn't read all the posts but I had a similar issue with jj and my lightning. Truck wouldn't even run and he told me I installed my maf incorrectly. Tool bag. Got with Rick at amazon and it ran perfectly on the first tune.

:bs:

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
OP, im sorry for what you went through. You should have just got an email tune. Hope all works out.

Charisma

Established Member
Why the hell are people suggesting e-mail tunes? LOL. Sorry Keith, hope this get straightened out.

I can honestly say you are the first person I know to have an issue with JJ.

Last edited:

04azuremach

Loud fast and fun
Established Member
I'll vouch for Keith's (PhillyLS1) integrity. I was there when he talked to him on the phone in MB and it was my Mach 1 he was helping me rip the motor out of last night.

Edit:

dyno says 1.06 correction factor. That's 516 rwhp SAE.

Correction. I thought I might have mis-remembered the conversion formula. 547 RWHPSTD with a 1.06 correction factor is 537 RWHP SAE with those atmospheric conditions. I'm positive of these numbers. He can't blame the heat for these, because they are corrected by the correction factor. 516 is the number it actually dynoed. 547 is the STD correction factor. 537 is the SAE correction factor.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Why the hell are people suggesting e-mail tunes? LOL. Sorry Keith, hope this get straightened out.

I can honestly say you are the first person I know to have an issue with JJ. However, after this dilemma I won't be referring anyone to him anymore.

Email tunes with quality dataloggs have been proven time and time again.

JJ 10.88 Coyote

Established Member
First off Keith I didn't hang up on you, the phone call dropped off my phone as I was in a bad area and you called from a restricted number so I figured you were at work and would call back.

I did apologize for the tailpipes and honestly had no idea they were a wrapped tailpipe and would melt on my dyno with my exhaust hoses attached. I felt horrible about that and I still do.

I do own my own shop and its been in business for 10 years at this location, not sure why you feel the need to discredit me for running a shop out of my home, some of the best in the racing business do the same and we feel we can offer a more one on one personalized service. We are a full service shop with 4 lifts and a dyno, its not a backyard operation by any means.

As for our credentials we are SCT certified, have attended several training classes thru SCT and with Greg Banish so I do know what I'm doing when it comes to tuning and if I were the least bit uncomfortable in tuning any particular combination I do the customer the favor and the service of suggesting someone who I know will take care of them.

As for being in a hurry to go to Chicago I kept you in the loop on a daily basis on what was going on. We were unsure at the time you dropped the car off if we were going or not. We were waiting on a sponsor to commit before we headed off to Chicago and you were well aware of this.

Now your cars theft system activated and left me high and dry for a complete day where I could do no tuning. I had a buddy of mine who works for Ford come out and fix that for free. That right there put us a day behind and we were unable to baseline the vehicle for you which was our plan. Then the computer bricked while loading a tune revision onto the vehicle and we had to wait for SCT to send a recovery file. Once the recovery file was loaded I proceeded to tune the car.

I always kept in the back of my mind what you said when you dropped the car off and that was "JJ I don't care about dyno numbers, if you get a chance to dyno it great, if not I understand" so the car was road test tuned and once the dyno got free the day I found out we were going to Chicago I put it up there for one pull. It was put up there as all our vehicles are put up there and that's right after a roadtest tune is finalized so the car was warm/hot and only had about 15 minutes during strap down to cool down. I did the pull, once again thinking about what you said to me and then got it ready for delivery to you, knowing that I was leaving and that you wanted it back to go to MW. Also user options were enabled in case you wanted to make changes yourself as in airfuel/ timing etc...

Should I have road tested it more? Yes because then I would have caused or found the problem that you obviously had after you left the shop which I am certain was a mechanical issue. (more on that later)

I felt horrible going to Chicago knowing you were having issues and I wanted to help resolve those issues as I told you time and time again. "Please bring it back so I can check it over" which your response was "At this point I would rather you didn't work on the vehicle" and "what do you feel is an appropriate refund?" Which you asked several times before allowing me a chance to look at the vehicle for you.

During this whole process of tuning your car and when the theft system activated itself I had Vortech send me the .cef file for your car as a test to see if it would load and run which it did after the system was reset. Why the computer bricked is still up for debate and as you know from it bricking several times and with pretty much the same problem with your girlfriends car at another shop that's not any fault of mine directly.

While I was trying to help you figure out the problem and offering up my service to look at the car you kept dropping little bombs like "I haven't told anyone yet about these problems" and "I'll go to social media if you don't give me a refund". So with you doing that combined with the "warnings" I received about how you handle yourself from other shops I pretty much knew where this was headed.

I asked you to load the tune that I sent you, which I told you was the Vortech tune and if it fixed all your issues I would give you 100% of your money back but I also knew from talking to you and listening to your threats and warnings that you pretty much wanted a refund no matter what so I sent you the tune that was on your car when you left here.

So instead of bashing me in several different ways and on several different levels why not just admit that you either found the mechanical issue that was causing the problem to start with or admit someone fixed it for you? I know why you wont, its because your in too deep with the threats and accusations that you laid at my feet the entire time I was helping try to resolve your issue.

If nobody takes anything away from this matter here is the main thing you should walk away knowing;

The tune that is in the car now that he says "runs flawless" is the same tune that the car left here with that day and its the same tune that I dyno'd the car with.

Now I don't do the "he said she said" thing on the internet. I say my peace and move on. You can do a search on the internet for bad dealings with me and my company and you will find very little if any really unhappy customers. We strive to take care of each person the best we can but its not always possible but for being in business 10 years and having the reputation that we do should speak volumes for how we conduct ourselves and the work we do.

I'm sorry you feel the way you do about how all of this went down and I will deal with you disputing the credit card charge on your girlfriends card. The business usually loses on those deals but then again nobody is really winning here because of your unwillingness to allow me to look at the car and try to resolve the obvious mechanical issue you had.

Thanks for your time everyone,

JJ@WMS

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
So can't we get this fixed by taking the car back to the shop going over everthing to make sure its perfect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread