Avoid JJ @ Woodbine Motorsports

Status
Not open for further replies.

05_Evolution

I wish I was fast
Established Member
Bodymore, Murderland (Baltimore, Maryland)
Adam at Rev Auto is a genius. I PROMISE you wont have ANY issues with him if you let him retune it. The guy is an excellent tuner and an extremely friendly person.

I'm taking my car to him as soon as I have the money.

Adam is the man! Never had a bad experience with him and have known him for years. Revolution Automotive FTW!!!!:rockon::rockon::rockon:

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
i have seen this thread on every mustang forum.

deal with the shop and get over. instead of being a drama queen

hopony

Established Member
Let's agree to disagree. In these days of multiple car forums, a business should take a very proactive line against just giving refunds without an effort to correct problems.

I'm not saying this is the principle or context in this thread, but if all it takes is for someone to say, "pay me back or I'll post this on the internet and trash your business" and some business just writes a check real quick, they're setting themselves up for failure. They will always be running scared.

In the car world, there are just too many variables to contemplate in one of these he said/he said arguments.

This thread can go on forever, but nobody will win.

Sorry, but I work at a business that promises 100% customer satisfaction. Sometimes that means swallowing my pride and giving a refund even when I am not in the wrong. I can tell you most of the time these customers become loyal to me and my store. Of course there are the a-holes that try to take advantage of that from time to time, but they are few and far between. Word of mouth is your best form of advertising it does not make sense having a terrorist posting negative crap about you on 10 forums.

Heuristic

Established Member
i have seen this thread on every mustang forum.

deal with the shop and get over. instead of being a drama queen

Sometimes social media is the only way you can get a shop to respond :shrug: I always deal with the shop directly, only once have I had to reach out to social media after they started to refuse to call me back. This was after they "lost" my entire turbo-back exhaust from the STi and a few other pieces.

Last edited:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Is this your self empowerment motivational approach? Wow, how "constructive" of you.

Looks like someone's gotta get you 2 on the right path to this situation. Looking at your 5 post that pretty much only have been in this thread doesn't say much.

Last edited:

Charisma

Established Member
Theres one big problem with posting stuff like this on social media sites... Average Joe's turn into master mechanics and world class tuners.

Looking through here theres a TON of misinformation and a ton of people who dont understand tuning theory.

I also want all the consumers to take note that all the shop owners that have commented on here have basically sided with JJ, maybe not 100% to a "t".

My best friend went with my advice to go to JJ instead of some other local shop and he could not be happier. Likewise with mine. I went to JJ after visits with 2 other tuners and good ole Bama. End of my story... Car gets its best fuel mileage, ran its best ET, recorded its best MPH and drives great. This is why i recommended Keith (PhillyLS1) to go visit him.

Keith, JJ, set your pride aside. Lets get this resolved. If you need a mediator, im sure either myself or one of our mutual friends will be available. Hell, ill come home from vacation to do this if we need.

Heuristic

Established Member
Theres one big problem with posting stuff like this on social media sites... Average Joe's turn into master mechanics and world class tuners.

Looking through here theres a TON of misinformation and a ton of people who dont understand tuning theory.

I also want all the consumers to take note that all the shop owners that have commented on here have basically sided with JJ, maybe not 100% to a "t".

My best friend went with my advice to go to JJ instead of some other local shop and he could not be happier. Likewise with mine. I went to JJ after visits with 2 other tuners and good ole Bama. End of my story... Car gets its best fuel mileage, ran its best ET, recorded its best MPH and drives great. This is why i recommended Keith (PhillyLS1) to go visit him.

Keith, JJ, set your pride aside. Lets get this resolved. If you need a mediator, im sure either myself or one of our mutual friends will be available. Hell, ill come home from vacation to do this if we need.

There's other shop owners in this thread that are ok with JJ purposely lying\deceiving a customer?:??: I think that's where most of us have our biggest issue.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.

Even the best tuners/mechanics makes mistakes and try and cut corners. The main thing here is JJ tried to get a car done in time to go to a big event and cut corners to get there. Im sure he does great work but in this case he missed the mark.

Just because the majority of people dont have a complaint doesnt mean Keiths isnt justifiable.

PhillyLS1

Established Member
Let's break it down Barney-style.

You can either take my side or JJ's side on numerous issues here. But let's look at the facts. Repeat, irrefutable FACTS.

JJ handed me a car with a poor tune. This tune, backed by his own dyno sheet is low on power and has standard smoothing.

JJ damaged my car, didn't offer me anything towards the COSMETIC damage.

JJ is a liar. Self admitted liar. JJ said probably 10 times he's not coming back to make commentary, he keeps coming back.

I offered to take my car BACK to JJ. He refused.

Now. I know for a FACT. Repeat FACT. That JJ has it from a VERY RELIABLE 3rd party source that I have been telling the truth. Instead of apologizing to me? He's sending his loyal customers out to counter my claims on the internet.

I'm sure JJ has a number of happy customers. However, that doesn't negate intentionally lying to a customer.

JJ 10.88 Coyote

Established Member

You can either take my side or JJ's side on numerous issues here. But let's look at the facts. Repeat, irrefutable FACTS.

JJ handed me a car with a poor tune. This tune, backed by his own dyno sheet is low on power and has standard smoothing.

We did one pull hot off the street with temps in the shop at 84* and 72% humidity. STD is the correction factor. Smoothing is how the graph looks, the higher the smoothing number the smoother the graph. Our dyno is set to STD numbers and has always been set that way. Anyone with dyno numbers from our shop will get STD numbers unless they ask for SAE. (this is the same correction factor that shops such as JDM use on FI vehicles).

I'm not making excuses for the low dyno numbers but rather giving the "FACTS" about the conditions during the one pull. Road tested tuned, pulled onto the dyno and hooked up, 10 minutes later one pull and done and mainly because it road tested great and the customer kept saying that he was not worried about dyno numbers and didn't care if it even got put on the dyno. (your words)

I felt horrible Keith and I told you as much but again you said "don't worry about it JJ, my wrap guy will take care of that".

JJ is a liar. Self admitted liar. JJ said probably 10 times he's not coming back to make commentary, he keeps coming back.

I keep coming back because there have been posts that aren't accurate on the facts. I also come back because I care about people knowing that I'm not a liar or a thief as you have called me. Also the more I think about this situation the more things I think about like the supposed tow and tow bill that you never asked for reimbursement for.:shrug:

Only after you called me a liar and a thief. You refused to let me look at the car and told me you never wanted me to touch your car again while I was trying to work with you and asked you repeatedly to let me have a look at it.

Now. I know for a FACT. Repeat FACT. That JJ has it from a VERY RELIABLE 3rd party source that I have been telling the truth. Instead of apologizing to me? He's sending his loyal customers out to counter my claims on the internet.

There is no third party that can say definitively that you had a bad tune. There are people that can say the car ran poorly and I'm not disputing the fact that it ran poorly, I'm simply saying that IMHO it had to have been a mechanical issue.

Also I'm not "sending" anyone here. I don't play those games and I don't ask or encourage anyone to back me up. Your own actions have caused a stir within a community that I'm well known in and a lot of people that have done business with me see these threads so some of them reply. Others don't or wont reply but they have been in touch with me showing support. I have a lot of happy and satisfied customers. You refused to give me a chance to make you one and then called me names.

I'm sure JJ has a number of happy customers. However, that doesn't negate intentionally lying to a customer.

Responses in bold type above.

IMHO the bottom line is that you called me a thief and a liar and splashed this all over the internet, what did you really expect I would do especially after the childish name calling?

JJ

Dave5.0

Established Member
Responses in bold type above.

IMHO the bottom line is that you called me a thief and a liar and splashed this all over the internet, what did you really expect I would do especially after the childish name calling?

JJ

Dude some good advice - just make it right and end the bickering. Have you noticed its costing you money?

I've had to eat 10x the cost and the same amount of pride on sales before just to make someone happy. Its the cost of business. Jesus.

Deespeed99

Established Member
Dude some good advice - just make it right and end the bickering. Have you noticed its costing you money?

I've had to eat 10x the cost and the same amount of pride on sales before just to make someone happy. Its the cost of business. Jesus.

How can he make it right when the OP wont let him and continues to slander him? JJ made it clear he'll make it right but not sight un-seen. When the OP gets time he needs to take the car to JJ let him look it over get whatever refund they agree on and move on. The longer he draws this out and keeps posting only makes him look worse...

Deespeed99

Established Member
^I don't think he's continuing to slander, JJ is doing enough to himself. All OP is providing are facts.

He is slandering because he is only posting one side if the story about certain issues. Example being the exhaust wrap issue where he keeps bringing it up but at no point is acknowledging that JJ apologized and the OP said his company would take care of it rather then having JJ take care of. Its like its a mistake and JJ apologized for it and wouldve taken care of it but the OP said it would be taken care of so stop bringing it up in post over and over...thats slandering...

My point is they BOTH need to stop responding and get this resolved off the net and at this point JJ's hands are tied until the OP takes the car to him so they both can come up with a settlement thats fair. I understand the OP doesnt want him to touch the car but he needs to take it yo him show him what is or isnt going on so at that point JJ can see he's being upfront about the issues.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member

How can he make it right when the OP wont let him and continues to slander him? JJ made it clear he'll make it right but not sight un-seen. When the OP gets time he needs to take the car to JJ let him look it over get whatever refund they agree on and move on. The longer he draws this out and keeps posting only makes him look worse...

Read above op says he tried to bring the car back an was refused.

Deespeed99

Established Member
Again slander! He puts that he refused but he didnt put that JJ refused because he refused to go back to all 496027 threads he posted and update that JJ was working with him and he refused to change his sig to reflect it. If i were a business owner in the same situation i'd say f%#k off too. If i screwed up and you posted it online and i agreed to fix it even after you blasted me but continued to blast me i wouldn't want to help you anymore. There are plenty of stories on here and other forums where vendors messed up bad and the customer went to social media then the vendor stepped in and defended themself but ended up fixing the issues and the customer left it at that. They didnt continue to feed the people who thrive on this stuff. He has a personal issue with JJ after all of this and wants to ruin his business & reputation and is ducking or closing any and all windows given to fix it. Again he IS the victim in this situation but his handling of it is horrible after JJ got involved online.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Again slander! He puts that he refused but he didnt put that JJ refused because he refused to go back to all 496027 threads he posted and update that JJ was working with him and he refused to change his sig to reflect it. If i were a business owner in the same situation i'd say f%#k off too. If i screwed up and you posted it online and i agreed to fix it even after you blasted me but continued to blast me i wouldn't want to help you anymore. There are plenty of stories on here and other forums where vendors messed up bad and the customer went to social media then the vendor stepped in and defended themself but ended up fixing the issues and the customer left it at that. They didnt continue to feed the people who thrive on this stuff. He has a personal issue with JJ after all of this and wants to ruin his business & reputation and is ducking or closing any and all windows given to fix it. Again he IS the victim in this situation but his handling of it is horrible after JJ got involved online.

I've yet to see anything fixed. So why should the op change anything? Op paid to have the car tuned right. Looks like that did not happen.only person in a lose at the point is op with money out of pocket an damage to a tail pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread