ARH and kooks headers worth it?

Which headers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KING_Asp

MAGA in a COBRA
Established Member
What size header should I get? 1 3/4 or 1 7/8? I plan on rebuilding the shortblock and doing a procharger. Should I just get the 1 7/8 now? Is the bigger headers on a n/a setup going to lose power?

I don't see a 1 7/8 header hurting you N/A un till you get you blower. I would go ahead and get the 1 7/8". Especially if your cramming a lot of boost through a centri. The 1 3/4" do fine on my car though.

scottydsntknow

Established Member
Looked into Decipha's articles and on that forum... wow that's a lot of info. TBTH I might just have him re-tune me if my tuner doesn't get back to me.

Fordman1994

Established Member
I ordered the american racing headers. I was going to use the harbor freight engine support beam this time. Anyone use one? Where did you mount the chains to?

shurur

Established Member
I ordered the american racing headers. I was going to use the harbor freight engine support beam this time. Anyone use one? Where did you mount the chains to?

I think I removed the alternator and used the mount bolts there.
I used large fender washers so I could tighten down on the chain.

shurur

Established Member

I may have used those bolts additionally..not sure.
You can use those too. Just protect the valve covers from the chains with cardboard box material or someting.
The bolts hold fine.
You can also support the transmission a bit.

I just did the wife's G35 upper oil pan; so the mustang is not as clear in my head right now.

Edit: I had a picture on my phone!
I used the alt bolts AND the topmost bolt holes on the timing covers, by the valve covers!

Fordman1994

Established Member
Did you remove the timing cover bolts and run it through the chain? Or did you just put the chain on the studs and put a nut on it? The bolts going through the timing cover are nice and long. Just worried I'm going to remove them and my cover is going to start leaking.

Fordman1994

Established Member
Right now I'm just getting the k member to be dropped. Lethalperformance told me itll take 7-10 days for those headers to ship. I guess they make them to order?

shurur

Established Member
Did you remove the timing cover bolts and run it through the chain? Or did you just put the chain on the studs and put a nut on it? The bolts going through the timing cover are nice and long. Just worried I'm going to remove them and my cover is going to start leaking.

One bolt hole was used for the wiring harness holder push pin on the passengers side and the other was used for the upper PS reservoir bracket.

Fordman1994

Established Member
So im rebuilding the center section too. I'm dropping it out and notice theres a fuel line just hanging there. I have a large evap code. Ford said they tested it and was good though. I can smell gas laying under it. It goes above the center section to a big hard line. Anyone know where this goes?

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
So im rebuilding the center section too. I'm dropping it out and notice theres a fuel line just hanging there. I have a large evap code. Ford said they tested it and was good though. I can smell gas laying under it. It goes above the center section to a big hard line. Anyone know where this goes?

There are two hard lines on top of the fuel tank probably popped off one of them. Check out this link for pics of the top side it'll give you an idea. They go to the canister near the driver rear wheel ,the line that runs up front to the pass fender to the vacuum solenoid plugs into the T in the one line.

https://www.svtperformance.com/thre...-a-comparison-with-pictures-and-notes.328947/

Pretty sure the EGR is cobra specific. Why'd you have to cut? Check Ebay maybe.
Might to able to snag one on here from some one who deleted.

Users who are viewing this thread