Are Terminators worth it?

whipple1raptor

Established Member
How can you say that when the 2.9 gen 4 whipples are making 800+ on a stock motor.

This is exactly why I love this car. Possibilities are endless. How could you not? You have to love it for what it is and for what it's not.

It's a flat out RAW no refinement muscle car.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
Sorry I reread your statement and I was confused. I retract my comment lol
source.gif

07s197gt

Established Member
Thanks for all the replies everyone. You have helped justify my decision of getting one in the next couple months haha. Just gotta sell my 3 valve (hopefully sooner rather than later). If I see the perfect one for sale that isn't super far away, I will probably pull the trigger before selling my 3 valve. That being said I am having a hard time finding reasonably priced coupes that aren't zinc yellow haha. I can't believe how many convertibles are for sale and how much cheaper they are. There's a couple of convertibles that I'm having second thoughts about possibly getting a vert.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Sorry if I missed it, daily driver? If so I agree that you should do minor bolt-ons. Something along the lines of full exhaust, ported blower, duel FPDMs, Throttle body, injectors, fuel pumps, 2.8 upper, CAI, 4lb lower, after market heat exchanger, Metco Idlers, tune. Something....along those lines anyhow. Here was mine....wish I had kept her...but had just retired from the Navy and the house needed a new roof...yada yada means to an end.

Attachments

• 03819195.jpg
    03819195.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:

whipple1raptor

Established Member
Sorry if I missed it, daily driver? If so I agree that you should do minor bolt-ons. Something along the lines of full exhaust, ported blower, duel FPDMs, Throttle body, injectors, fuel pumps, 2.8 upper, CAI, 4lb lower, after market heat exchanger, Metco Idlers, tune. Something....along those lines anyhow. Here was mine....wish I had kept her...but had just retired from the Navy and the house needed a new roof...yada yada means to an end.

That is a beautiful car.... Thank you for your service as well.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
When I was Navy and underway I stood watch on the bridge mostly. This Junior Officer asked me how it felt to have the 2nd fastest car on the ship. I was like who has a faster car? He goes...the Captain and his yellow C5 Corvette. I lol'ed and was like so you think a 405 at the flywheel is faster than a 600 at the wheel? Big Dummy.

blownstang4.6

Established Member

Wait... You sold a Termi to do a roof? There must have been another motive.

01yellercobra

Established Member

Priorities change in life. I love my car, but if I had to sell it to take care of my family it would be gone in a heart beat. I've already got a couple people I can call and have it sold within a few days if I had to.

Last edited:

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Yeah, but the roof was only 7K and I got alot more than that so I paid off other bills as well and did more on our house. When you're retiring from the Military with no job and going back to school...you gotta make cuts. We fixed up that house sold it and now have a rather nice house to show for it. I got another Mustang which is equally fast but no where near as cool. Oneday I'll have something more iconic.

*EDIT* For the love of God.....please don't sell the car short by calling it that. It honestly does it an injustice. ;)

MCT

Established Member
Call me bias...but when I see the S550s 5.0's, V6's or Ecoboosts I just think to myself they're a dime a dozen. I see so many of them out on the streets. Same with the S197s. But when it comes to a Terminator? I have my eyes glued on that car. Not to mention they're the best sounding Mustangs IMO. Those cars are so rare to see. I live in a somewhat decent populated town, and I am the only one who has a Terminator.

Coupes and verts are worth the money.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Call me bias...but when I see the S550s 5.0's, V6's or Ecoboosts I just think to myself they're a dime a dozen. I see so many of them out on the streets. Same with the S197s. But when it comes to a Terminator? I have my eyes glued on that car. Not to mention they're the best sounding Mustangs IMO. Those cars are so rare to see. I live in a somewhat decent populated town, and I am the only one who has a Terminator.

Coupes and verts are worth the money.

I'm not a big fan of the S197+. Especially after having one that seemed to have every issue possible with that body style. The S550's are everywhere around here. But it seems like there's only two exhaust volumes for those cars. Either stock or stupid loud. And it's not a good loud. Even my son and his friends aren't a fan of the loud 5.0's. And that's saying a lot since they're all teens and usually seem to like loud cars.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks for all the replies everyone. You have helped justify my decision of getting one in the next couple months haha. Just gotta sell my 3 valve (hopefully sooner rather than later). If I see the perfect one for sale that isn't super far away, I will probably pull the trigger before selling my 3 valve. That being said I am having a hard time finding reasonably priced coupes that aren't zinc yellow haha. I can't believe how many convertibles are for sale and how much cheaper they are. There's a couple of convertibles that I'm having second thoughts about possibly getting a vert.
If you’re chasing the latest, greatest, and fastest then you’ll never be satisfied. Manufacturers continually out do each other and what is the bee’s knees now will be old news later.
The terminator has all the right ingredients and charm to remain relevant in an ever changing dynamic of vehicle evolution.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
If you’re chasing the latest, greatest, and fastest then you’ll never be satisfied. Manufacturers continually out do each other and what is the bee’s knees now will be old news later.
The terminator has all the right ingredients and charm to remain relevant in an ever changing dynamic of vehicle evolution.
indubitably-31587912.png

Venom351R

Established Member
I've owned a 94 Cobra and 5 other Mustangs over the years and I now have the intent of buying an 03 / 04 Terminator in 2 yrs when my F150 is paid off. Like what everyone else has said they are just a very special car to have. When they first came out I had other Mustangs and I could in no way afford one but fast forward 15+ years later and things are a lot different.

Just this past weekend at a car show I ran into an old friend that I had not seen in years who still has his 03 Terminator coupe and we just talked about these cars non stop and my plans of getting one. He has a 2.3 whipple on it w/ the other usual mods putting out 600 + and when we both have time in the near future hes taking me for a spin in it. Hoping I get to drive it but I wont ask, only if offered. Not that I need more motivation but It would just make me dig my heels in more as far as the drive to get one.

Evil Bender

Rabid Roadie
Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I'm glad to hear all you guys talk about how the 2003 cobra is worth it. I blew the motor in mine about 5 years ago and it has set in my garage as I built an engine for it ever since After getting divorced and moving it seems like I will never finish it and if its even worth it. I have been steady thinking about selling it as a basket case and buying a GT350 . This thread gives me a new perspective and reminds me why I bough it in the first place.

hotcobra03

Established Member
I've owned a 94 Cobra and 5 other Mustangs over the years and I now have the intent of buying an 03 / 04 Terminator in 2 yrs when my F150 is paid off. Like what everyone else has said they are just a very special car to have. When they first came out I had other Mustangs and I could in no way afford one but fast forward 15+ years later and things are a lot different.

Just this past weekend at a car show I ran into an old friend that I had not seen in years who still has his 03 Terminator coupe and we just talked about these cars non stop and my plans of getting one. He has a 2.3 whipple on it w/ the other usual mods putting out 600 + and when we both have time in the near future hes taking me for a spin in it. Hoping I get to drive it but I wont ask, only if offered. Not that I need more motivation but It would just make me dig my heels in more as far as the drive to get one.

I let my buddy’s dad drive mine

He sold all of his junk the next week

He got an 07. Claims he likes that look better. But it was the ride in a terminator that did it.

Users who are viewing this thread