Are Terminators worth it?

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
This section specific too.
Really thinking hard about getting rid of mine. I don't drive it.
...and this is one I would be after if I was in the market. It is even my preferred color. I wouldn't drive it either though. The car would sit under a cover and enjoy being cleaned and polished occassionally. Pretty much the life it lives now.

Sent from my [mind] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
I'm glad to hear all you guys talk about how the 2003 cobra is worth it. I blew the motor in mine about 5 years ago and it has set in my garage as I built an engine for it ever since After getting divorced and moving it seems like I will never finish it and if its even worth it. I have been steady thinking about selling it as a basket case and buying a GT350 . This thread gives me a new perspective and reminds me why I bough it in the first place.

Yup, never sell. Just today there was another "remorse" thread in Terminator Talk where the owner is trying to buy back the same car he sold years ago. Seems like replacement cars can't duplicate the feeling.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm glad to hear all you guys talk about how the 2003 cobra is worth it. I blew the motor in mine about 5 years ago and it has set in my garage as I built an engine for it ever since After getting divorced and moving it seems like I will never finish it and if its even worth it. I have been steady thinking about selling it as a basket case and buying a GT350 . This thread gives me a new perspective and reminds me why I bough it in the first place.

How much you want for that run down termi turd?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
I think a Terminator is worth it in most cases, and only certain colors.
[bcolor=transparent]My favorite car I ever owned was my '04 SY up until about 6 months ago.[/bcolor]
I'll take my '11 any day of the week.

Any future Terminator purchase would be "Because I Can" and that's it.

Venom351R

Established Member
I let my buddy’s dad drive mine

He sold all of his junk the next week

He got an 07. Claims he likes that look better. But it was the ride in a terminator that did it.

I’m looking forward to it. Only other one I’ve been in was my friends 10th anniversary that had a KB on it but was so long ago now.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Hell, I went to an all import meet one time because my son wanted me to go. I drove by a group of people standing in front of a row GT-R's and I heard more than one say "holy crap it's a Terminator".

LOL, it's amazing how other car enthusiasts always gravitate to the Terminator Bob.

My brother used to work at the local Honda dealership. I would take my cars there to get my annual inspection. Even after he left I kept going there because I got to know the manager. Every time I take the Cobra in all the mechanics, and anyone else who happens to be in the service area, stops what they are doing and comes over to look at the car. I pop the hood so they can take a look and a lot of them say "Now there's a REAL engine!" LMAO!!!

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
I'll never sell mine, and if you do have an opportunity to pick up one that's in good shape at a decent price I would say definitely pull the trigger.

however, it seems a lot of other cars, and corvettes in particular, still have a far superior presence and the technology is jumping leaps and bounds compared to the sn95 without changing what was originally equipped in the car drastically.
It's hard to compare to a car that makes almost 650hp naturally aspirated with just heads and a cam swap. and the tuning abilities are far better also.

Users who are viewing this thread