Are Different School Standards Racist?

Coiled03

Established Member
If there is anything I've learned in all my years in public education it's that fair doesn't always mean equal.

PS: If they accepted all the Asian peeps who qualified then most of the school would be Asian which would then equate to discrimination.

Uh, no, that wouldn't be discrimination. It would simply be the result of applying the standards as written. If that means other people don't get in, that's their fault.

If you were being sarcastic, sorry I missed it.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Uh, no, that wouldn't be discrimination. It would simply be the result of applying the standards as written. If that means other people don't get in, that's their fault.

But but that's not fair, therefore it is racist....ask the "revs"

MG0h3

Established Member
^But you are neglecting to mention the kids who have legitimate and documented and proven disabilities who need extra help and time and allowances that allow them to make progress that the other kids don't have. That is what I meant by fair does not always mean equal.

I don't really think anybody is saying disabled kids don't deserve extra time. I definitely think they do.

VegasMichael

Established Member

You nailed it. The masses would write it off as discriminatory. It's a matter of talent in my opinion. It's similar to the NFL and NBA being mostly black. It's not racist or discriminatory. It's based solely on talent.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Someone is gonna win and someone is gonna lose.

Somebody has to get there and dig the ditches and do the crap work. Unfortunately its been me more often than not, but life aint fair.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Life is not fair, mothertruckers.

I’d frame it as “we are all different individuals with varying skill sets”.

They’ve tried like hell to make everyone the same and erase individuality in China, Venezuela, Soviet Russia, and—well—most regimes throughout the world’s entire history. Never seems to work out.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I believe the students will lose. If they do win, the ACLU, NAACP, and other groups like this will find a judge to reverse the decision. This suit can start to unravel Affirmative Action and the powers that be will not risk losing votes and power. They will not risk status quos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DiB14-SAFD

Established Member
Just self identify as whatever race/gender/minority that the school needs to fill and if you still get turned away claim discrimination against your uniqueness.

bigja01cobra

Established Member
Everyone just needs to read the book Outliers: The Story of Success.

It explains that success has way more variables than race. Culture and family (some will argue this is Race) do have a large impact but when people are born (Year, Month) also has an impact because of what is happening in the world at that time. But the big equalizer is and always will be practice, hardwork, ethics, etc..

One example the book mentions in following musicians in a top school. They pull data on the students to look for information like when younger were they considered virtuoso's or were from better families (or races) and attended great schools, then they determined how many hours of practice they put into there skills.

Amazingly they found a vast majority of the best musicians weren't the virtuoso's or the ones from prestigious families instead it was those who had the most practice time that succeeded. And another interesting fact was that those who were considered virtuoso's where less likely to practice as much and as a result ended up falling behind once the others had more practice time. (of course the quality of the practice matters as well, people who can afford the best teachers may require less practice time to match the skills pf those with poor quality teachers but more hours)

Needless to say it is hard to just say race is a reason to change standards, standards should take into account all the variables and the highest weighted skill should be work-ethic. I believe it is easier to make a stupid person smart then it is to make a lazy person productive.

Users who are viewing this thread